Is tablet battery life bad?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is tablet battery life bad?

User Info: oasisbeyond

oasisbeyond
4 years ago#21
Your ipad also takes hours to chage... Wiiu takes hours to chage also... Hugs is Asus tf300.
Anyways, yeah, Nintendo will launch a bette pad next year as always. So, I'll get it then when it has at least 6 to 8 hours. 4 hours? come on. Cod players could play for 10+.

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
4 years ago#22
I would imagine that most people would be better off just playing with the Gamepad plugged in at all times.
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
4 years ago#23
Yes, the battery life is horrible. I had to recharge it twice yesterday, something I've never needed to do with any handheld.

It does seem though like turning off Rumble helps save battery life, and for a handheld like unit I don't really want it anyway.
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
4 years ago#24
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Killeryoshi8 posted...
3 to 5 hours.

My tablet with superior colors, resolution and power holds out longer.

Your $500 tablet?

That also includes the processor, storage, etc.. The controller has none of that, it's streamed.

So the controller should last a lot longer than a tablet
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12

User Info: tizzywilkillyou

tizzywilkillyou
4 years ago#25
Terotrous posted...
Yes, the battery life is horrible. I had to recharge it twice yesterday, something I've never needed to do with any handheld.

It does seem though like turning off Rumble helps save battery life, and for a handheld like unit I don't really want it anyway.

Yeah, I'll probably turn off the rumble on mine. Though I will say it was a little helpful the way it pulses with less than 10 seconds left on the playclock in Madden. Saved me a couple delay of game penalties.
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050

User Info: Akaimizu

Akaimizu
4 years ago#26
oasisbeyond posted...
Your ipad also takes hours to chage... Wiiu takes hours to chage also... Hugs is Asus tf300.
Anyways, yeah, Nintendo will launch a bette pad next year as always. So, I'll get it then when it has at least 6 to 8 hours. 4 hours? come on. Cod players could play for 10+.

In the iPad's case, it's based on the power-pack. They did release a charger that actually charges the same iPads a lot quicker.

However, in the Wii U's case. You can comfortably use the gamepad while it is directly plugged in. So that act as a charge and play function. I think they simply wanted to keep down the weight of the gamepad so badly, they skimped out a bit on the battery. While I could say that I could accept a little more weight for better battery life, I wont speak for everybody. For a number of people, they'd complain if any noticeable weight is added to what it is now.
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is tablet battery life bad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived