Is tablet battery life bad?

#21oasisbeyondPosted 11/19/2012 10:09:53 AM
Your ipad also takes hours to chage... Wiiu takes hours to chage also... Hugs is Asus tf300.
Anyways, yeah, Nintendo will launch a bette pad next year as always. So, I'll get it then when it has at least 6 to 8 hours. 4 hours? come on. Cod players could play for 10+.
#22stargazer64Posted 11/19/2012 10:11:55 AM
I would imagine that most people would be better off just playing with the Gamepad plugged in at all times.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#23TerotrousPosted 11/19/2012 10:15:21 AM
Yes, the battery life is horrible. I had to recharge it twice yesterday, something I've never needed to do with any handheld.

It does seem though like turning off Rumble helps save battery life, and for a handheld like unit I don't really want it anyway.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#24Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/19/2012 10:18:01 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Killeryoshi8 posted...
3 to 5 hours.

My tablet with superior colors, resolution and power holds out longer.

Your $500 tablet?

That also includes the processor, storage, etc.. The controller has none of that, it's streamed.

So the controller should last a lot longer than a tablet
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#25tizzywilkillyouPosted 11/19/2012 10:18:37 AM
Terotrous posted...
Yes, the battery life is horrible. I had to recharge it twice yesterday, something I've never needed to do with any handheld.

It does seem though like turning off Rumble helps save battery life, and for a handheld like unit I don't really want it anyway.

Yeah, I'll probably turn off the rumble on mine. Though I will say it was a little helpful the way it pulses with less than 10 seconds left on the playclock in Madden. Saved me a couple delay of game penalties.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#26AkaimizuPosted 11/19/2012 10:23:23 AM(edited)
oasisbeyond posted...
Your ipad also takes hours to chage... Wiiu takes hours to chage also... Hugs is Asus tf300.
Anyways, yeah, Nintendo will launch a bette pad next year as always. So, I'll get it then when it has at least 6 to 8 hours. 4 hours? come on. Cod players could play for 10+.

In the iPad's case, it's based on the power-pack. They did release a charger that actually charges the same iPads a lot quicker.

However, in the Wii U's case. You can comfortably use the gamepad while it is directly plugged in. So that act as a charge and play function. I think they simply wanted to keep down the weight of the gamepad so badly, they skimped out a bit on the battery. While I could say that I could accept a little more weight for better battery life, I wont speak for everybody. For a number of people, they'd complain if any noticeable weight is added to what it is now.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)