What features will I miss out on if I don't download the update?

#1Fat_Dog_MendozaPosted 11/19/2012 8:33:22 AM
4.7 gigs is rather a lot for my weak internet connection. What do I lose by not updating? I can still play games, right?
#2FoppePosted 11/19/2012 8:35:25 AM
The update is closer to 1 GB, the 4.7 GB is from a stupid GameTrailers employee twitter that couldn't tell the difference between the size of the OS and the download size.

Anyway, what you miss should be the possibility to play Wii games, make a Wii transfer and connect the system online.
If I understood it correct.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3Fat_Dog_Mendoza(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:37:36 AM
1 GB? That's no problem then, although I probably won't want to update until I've had some playtime first.
#4JohnnyJihadPosted 11/19/2012 8:40:22 AM
Your system will basically be able to only play Wii U discs and copy Mii data from a 3DS. It won't be backwards compatible with the Wii, you won't have access to any Nintendo Network features or the e-Shop, none of those video apps on your menu will work... basically you miss out on most everything.

I'd just leave your download going overnight if it's a big deal.
#5Fat_Dog_Mendoza(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:45:55 AM
I'd just leave your download going overnight if it's a big deal.

That's what I intend to do. I'll pick up the system today, get the full experience tomorrow.
#6GeassMasterPosted 11/19/2012 8:46:36 AM
All of them.
---
Now Playing: One Piece:Pirate Warriors, Tokyo Jungle, Double Dragon Neon, Trails in the sky, LBP:Vita, DOA5
I Have A Huge Backlog.