Scalper getting owned on ebay

#21lt519Posted 11/19/2012 11:35:30 AM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Buyer pays for it, then he has to sell it, buy/selling on ebay enters you in a binding contract. If the seller backs out, he will get a neg feedback and probably suspended. no more ebay selling for him.

1. List console starting price/reserve at profit
2. let people bid on it
3. enjoy your money

This. It's amazing how inept people are at using the internet to their advantage, isn't it?

And to the 1% argument... You had the opportunity to scalp yourself, maybe there is a reason the 1% get richer, they are smarter. There is nothing morally wrong with it, if there was then the entire stock market which is based on buying low and selling high would be morally wrong. Poor little Jimmy won't get a Wii U this Christmas because their parents were to lazy to order one ahead of time, which are STILL available.
#22danielmaynardPosted 11/19/2012 11:38:57 AM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Dude you totally misread my post. I am saying that obviously ebay (corporation/ part of the 1%) is profiting regardless if the scalpers profit or not and TC finds this amusing. I was pointing out that TC's opinion that this is funny is part of the reason why the top 1% will continue to get richer and richer while the rest of us (scalpers included) fight for the scraps. Only in this country could a disgusting corporation like ebay make millions upon millions and be praised for it while an average Joe trying to make a few bucks off of selling something gets laughed at when he ends up losing money.

I'm not a big fan of corporations, but "fighting for scraps"? really? take your anti-corporation bulls*** elsewhere. The dude is an idiot for not researching the fees that would be charged, and that's pretty funny.

What if he sold it on craigslist for face value, but didnt factor in the gas he used getting to the buyer? Its just an idiot trying to make a quick buck and failing.

I'm not anti-corporation, but when ebay can raise thier fees year after year while posting record profits year after year and that is considered fine and dandy and simply "good business", but when the average Joe goes out and buys a product and resells it at a profit he is considered an evil, Christmas hating, low life, scummy scalper; clearly America's moral compass is not parallel.
#23danielmaynardPosted 11/19/2012 11:48:29 AM
Oh sorry I forgot to put this in my last post.

/topic
#24shawnboutonPosted 11/19/2012 11:51:28 AM
you guys think this is crazy....checkout how much twinkies are selling for ebayLOL. with hostes going under...
#25Atomos199Posted 11/19/2012 12:12:18 PM
danielmaynard posted...
but when the average Joe goes out and buys a product and resells it at a profit he is considered an evil, Christmas hating, low life, scummy scalper; clearly America's moral compass is not parallel.

Was it ever?
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind approx 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time
~ bastardpoetry
#26SpoonSportsPosted 11/19/2012 12:20:34 PM
These scaplers are doing it wrong ;ugh;
---
Calvin and Hobbes - Greatest comic I ever read!
JRSC 1988 Honda CRX ZC Tuned & Built by: HybridWerks
#27BlizzagaLanteanPosted 11/19/2012 12:29:26 PM
danielmaynard posted...

/topic

We like to watch people fail, just like I enjoyed you failing at making a relevant point this whole thread gg.
#28danielmaynardPosted 11/19/2012 12:30:53 PM
BlizzagaLantean posted...
danielmaynard posted...

/topic

We like to watch people fail, just like I enjoyed you failing at making a relevant point this whole thread gg.

Yes your post was much more relevant to the topic. Sigh, children.
#29danielmaynardPosted 11/19/2012 12:33:52 PM
Atomos199 posted...
danielmaynard posted...
but when the average Joe goes out and buys a product and resells it at a profit he is considered an evil, Christmas hating, low life, scummy scalper; clearly America's moral compass is not parallel.

Was it ever?

I can't disagree with you there, America's ethics are pretty screwed up; although people act pretty high and mighty sometimes.