Something the trolls just don't understand..

#61StopthinkPosted 11/20/2012 10:33:20 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
Stopthink posted...
Do Wii fanboys really still think their library is anything but trash? I thought we were past this.

It certainly was more appealing than PS3 and XBox360, since it had a lot of first-party games, including a revival of SNES era side-scrolling platform games. As of yet, Sony has given no incentive to buy a PS3, especially since it can't play PS2 games.

No, no it wasn't. You had like 20 great games tops on the Wii. The Ps3 had way more. And Sony took classic side-scrolling platforming and actually evolved it. Nintendo just gave us a rehashed super mario world with 3d graphics, big whoopdidoo.
---
imo for the tight asses
#62CKnightPosted 11/20/2012 10:54:57 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
Bestselling =/= quality

you see how Toyota, Chevrolet and Honda cars have much more sale than Mercedes Benz, BMW, Jaguar and Ferrari cars?

so what color are you exactly? quality or quantity?

Cars have drastically different price tags. Most people are middle to lower class and Toyotas, Hondas, ect tend to cater to those classes with quality, affordable cars that don't require expensive repairs or maintenance.

Choose a better analogy. The tax on a Ferrari can be more than most Hondas and Toyotas.
#63mini_blightPosted 11/20/2012 11:10:53 AM
teehee23 posted...

No way.
Wii has sold nearly 100 million consoles and Xbox360 and PS3 have sold 70 million consoles each. Games like The HALO and Call of Duty outsell Mario and Zelda individually.

It's sad that it took so much sabotage, backstabbing and huge bags of money just so PS360 can barely muster 70 million shipped units.

Nintendo managed to sell 100 million Wii on the strength of their first party line-up alone.

Nintendo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest of the industry.

Instead of making better games, the industry chooses to spend their energy trying to kill Nintendo. lol

I'd like better games, guys. I don't want to watch or pay to support your bad software just to see you waste my money and time trying to destroy a videogame company you irrationally hate.
#64Mattatron42Posted 11/20/2012 11:31:30 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
As I've stated before sales do not equate to quality but rather success. If something sales better than something else and profits more it is OBJECTIVELY more successful and you cannot argue that. Quality is completely and utterly SUBJECTIVE and your opinion, nor mine, affects others. Regardless of review scores, or what have you, you cannot argue that either system was more successful than the Wii hardware or software wise. Arguing quality is asinine as that is your opinion and has just as much weight as any other singular person's opinion.

Panda always on here making great and valid points with citation that the trolls deflect and say "well metacritic says.." and "my wii is collecting dust". keep at it panda we actual gamers are pulling for you.

In my opinion the wii had the best games of this gen, and the call of duty controls are the next best thing to mouse and keyboard. I would take mario galaxy and shiren the wanderer over any 360 or ps3 game
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
TvC: 2752-4488-8486
#65sonic777Posted 11/20/2012 11:32:20 AM
FlipManV3 posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
As I've stated before sales do not equate to quality but rather success. If something sales better than something else and profits more it is OBJECTIVELY more successful and you cannot argue that. Quality is completely and utterly SUBJECTIVE and your opinion, nor mine, affects others. Regardless of review scores, or what have you, you cannot argue that either system was more successful than the Wii hardware or software wise. Arguing quality is asinine as that is your opinion and has just as much weight as any other singular person's opinion.

Arguing about quality is asinine? Ahahaha.

Okay. The general consensus also doesn't like to eat poop, it's horrible. But since some people do enjoy doing that, I guess it's also utterly SUBJECTIVE and that you cannot argue if eating s*** is good or not. All based on your logic.

If you think the shovelgarbage is on par with something like Gears of War, then I just certainly feel sorry for you. Have fun playing Deer Hunter. You're making this board look bad. Wait, no, you're making humanity look bad.
-

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N Complete Nintendo Loyalist | Posted 11/20/2012 9:28:12 AM | message detail | quote
*yawn*
Now somebody make a sensible argument.

You know, Panda, admitting you got destroyed isn't the worst thing in the world. And man, you got destroyed.

Also, your count of Wii games is off by about 40 million. VG Chartz has is listed at 809 million, and we can easily subtract 100 million of those because WS, WSR, and WP were all attached to consoles and people "bought" them whether they wanted it or not.

You lose. Good day sir.
#66lninjasoniclPosted 11/20/2012 11:33:14 AM
Mattatron42 posted...
Panda always on here making great and valid points with citation that the trolls deflect and say "well metacritic says.." and "my wii is collecting dust". keep at it panda we actual gamers are pulling for you.

meh, his best work was when he was trolling the vita boards
---
I'm taking karate classes online
#67Master XPosted 11/20/2012 11:58:33 AM
Just buy whatever console has the games you want. If that happens to be all 3, then so be it. I know in my house we have all 3 and the least played is the PS3. Tend to get the exclusives for each console and multiplatform is almost always the 360. Assuming the next sony/micro don't come out for 2 more years and the best multi platforms are on Wii U, we'll be getting those versions.

Brand loyalty is stupid. Would you stick with your favorite candy manufacturer if they did the "new improved flavor" crap and their candy started tasting like ass? No, you'd go find something tastier.

(For those not in the know 90% of the time "new improved flavor" catch is used, it usually means they've switched to lower quality/cheaper ingredients, or using less of the good ingredients. It's meant to trick you. Guess what? IT USUALLY WORKS.)
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X"For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question. "
#68ScymitePosted 11/20/2012 12:16:03 PM
According to Metacritic (which in itself doesn't mean much until you see the large discrepancy in numbers)

Wii
games that scored 90+ = 14
games that scored 80-89 = 92

Xbox 360
90+ = 48
80-89 = 309

PS3
90+ = 43
80-89 = 264

Therefore: Bestselling =/= best games

If you need more analogies: Backstreet Boys, Justin Beiber, Michael Bay, etc
---
"half life is god, if you gave gordon freeman long hair he'd be freaken jesus with a crowbar" -- ilovecarebears
#69Xtreme-VoidPosted 11/21/2012 5:12:25 AM
CKnight posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
Bestselling =/= quality

you see how Toyota, Chevrolet and Honda cars have much more sale than Mercedes Benz, BMW, Jaguar and Ferrari cars?

so what color are you exactly? quality or quantity?

Cars have drastically different price tags. Most people are middle to lower class and Toyotas, Hondas, ect tend to cater to those classes with quality, affordable cars that don't require expensive repairs or maintenance.

Choose a better analogy. The tax on a Ferrari can be more than most Hondas and Toyotas.

you are joking and you don't even know quality
#70Xtreme-VoidPosted 11/21/2012 5:12:54 AM
Scymite posted...
According to Metacritic (which in itself doesn't mean much until you see the large discrepancy in numbers)

Wii
games that scored 90+ = 14
games that scored 80-89 = 92

Xbox 360
90+ = 48
80-89 = 309

PS3
90+ = 43
80-89 = 264

Therefore: Bestselling =/= best games

If you need more analogies: Backstreet Boys, Justin Beiber, Michael Bay, etc

this