ONM: "Why ZombiU has received mixed reviews" Link to article.

#21masschamberPosted 11/19/2012 7:50:11 PM
no iron sight snap on aiming to regenerating health, 2 things hardcore games need. This game has neither. The situation is made worse because your actually punished for losing the hardcore hate that
#22ChargrilledPosted 11/19/2012 7:52:21 PM
Im from the uk and i cant think of anything more boring than hitting enemies on the head 5 or so times with the same cricket bat over and over fir 20 hours.

Boooooring.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#23ADHDguitarPosted 11/19/2012 7:54:20 PM
I think it's because the game was way over-hyped, and because it's hard as hell. I for one enjoy it.
#24PixelDaemonPosted 11/19/2012 7:55:39 PM
masschamber posted...
no iron sight snap on aiming to regenerating health, 2 things hardcore games need. This game has neither. The situation is made worse because your actually punished for losing the hardcore hate that

Oh god XD
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#25DaLaggaPosted 11/19/2012 7:56:55 PM
They're seriously saying that people who scored it poorly just wanted an action game instead of survival horror? Are you kidding me? If that's the case, why did Amnesia: The Dark Descent score so much better? That game is a hell of a lot more survival horror'ish than ZombiU. Heck, you don't even get a weapon in that game. And yet, here were the review scores for Amnesia from the sources in question:

IGN:
ZombiU - 63/100
Amnesia - 85/100

Gamespot:
ZombiU - 45/100
Amnesia - 85/100

Game Informer:
ZombiU - 50/100
Amnesia - 93/100

Maybe it has nothing whatsoever to do with action vs survival horror and everything to do with ZombiU just not being very well made?
#26Lemmywinks13Posted 11/19/2012 7:57:15 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
No, it's because the game is clunky and was overhyped. Stop trying to play the culture card. Turds painted pink are not better than turds painted blue, they are still turds.

You're dumb
#27IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/19/2012 7:58:24 PM
They're seriously saying that people who scored it poorly just wanted an action game instead of survival horror? Are you kidding me? If that's the case, why did Amnesia: The Dark Descent score so much better? That game is a hell of a lot more survival horror'ish than ZombiU. Heck, you don't even get a weapon in that game. And yet, here were the review scores for Amnesia from the sources in question:

IGN:
ZombiU - 63/100
Amnesia - 85/100

Gamespot:
ZombiU - 45/100
Amnesia - 85/100

Game Informer:
ZombiU - 50/100
Amnesia - 93/100

Maybe it has nothing whatsoever to do with action vs survival horror and everything to do with ZombiU just not being very well made?

It's because ZombiU is clunky and overhyped. Amnesia is great (and actually scary).
#28RHFPosted 11/19/2012 7:58:56 PM(edited)
DaLagga posted...
Snip

Curious, was both games from the same publication reviewed by the same person? If not, different strokes for different folks.
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
#29stargazer64Posted 11/19/2012 7:59:33 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
No, it's because the game is clunky and was overhyped. Stop trying to play the culture card. Turds painted pink are not better than turds painted blue, they are still turds.

have you bought it? or one of those people using other peoples opinions to judge a game.. cause me and plenty of people are enjoying the game a lot

He doesn't buy anything Nintendo. He just picks a negative opinion from someone who actually has a life and runs with it.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#30DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/19/2012 8:03:34 PM
hmm...
I hope they release a Wii U remote with a higher resolution camera. It looks like the Wiimote is really holding things back at higher resolutions.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato