I just don't understand...

#1bp4ChristPosted 11/19/2012 5:41:40 PM
I would be perfectly content with a console that is as affordable as the Wii U is, and has current graphics, for another console generation. I truthfully believe we have yet to perfect and harness the power in our current consoles. That fact alone I think will give Nintendo an edge in the next gen.

I love my ps3, and I would like to get a ps4 eventually when they are out, but I will definitely not spend $600 or more for one. I don't understand all of the trolling and nay saying today. The Wii U looks great to me, and I really look forward to getting one eventually. Just look at Tank Tank Tank, Amazing 101, Zelda in High Def!, and all of other neat games coming. I think Nintendo took a great step in the right direction with the Wii U, and I am so excited to get one eventually.
---
[::[_]::]
[o[_]::] Proud follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.
#2EasterEggHunterPosted 11/19/2012 5:44:42 PM
I don't think Sony is stupid enough to make Ps4 $600, but things can happen i guess.

Anyway, planning to get Wii U sometime next year.
---
3DS Code: 5026-5030-0238
Snifit Apprentice is a master
#3SSJ4CHRISPosted 11/19/2012 5:47:11 PM
bp4Christ posted...
I would be perfectly content with a console that is as affordable as the Wii U is, and has current graphics, for another console generation. I truthfully believe we have yet to perfect and harness the power in our current consoles. That fact alone I think will give Nintendo an edge in the next gen.

I love my ps3, and I would like to get a ps4 eventually when they are out, but I will definitely not spend $600 or more for one. I don't understand all of the trolling and nay saying today. The Wii U looks great to me, and I really look forward to getting one eventually. Just look at Tank Tank Tank, Amazing 101, Zelda in High Def!, and all of other neat games coming. I think Nintendo took a great step in the right direction with the Wii U, and I am so excited to get one eventually.

There isn't a Zelda in high def, and if you think a decade old port of T!T!T! is part of "a great step in the right direction", then I know who not to listen to for game opinions.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#4bp4Christ(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:51:13 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
bp4Christ posted...

There isn't a Zelda in high def, and if you think a decade old port of T!T!T! is part of "a great step in the right direction", then I know who not to listen to for game opinions.

It sure doesn't look ten years old, and regardless, it looks like a lot of fun, which is what matters to me. I know there currently is not a high def zelda, but there will be, and that is something to be excited about.

No reason to be hateful friend, and I am only offering my opinion, and you do indeed have the right to ignore it. Thank you for your response however.
---
#5bp4Christ(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:55:38 PM
EasterEggHunter posted...
I don't think Sony is stupid enough to make Ps4 $600, but things can happen i guess.

It may not be a case of them not wanting to repeat history, but instead a case of hardware cost + profit margin which will push that price or more. I think we have come so far graphically that it doesn't even matter any longer. I don't care so much about graphics today, as I do sound and gameplay. I love good graphics in a game, but graphics don't make the game, gameplay does...in my opinion.

Although, maybe I just feel this way because I am older...who knows. I miss the days of the PS1. Good times.
---
#6xerofyre0Posted 11/19/2012 5:56:56 PM
Miiverse sold me completely
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html
#7BufkusPosted 11/19/2012 5:58:22 PM

With how much money Sony has bled, they can't afford not to price it at $600 unless they totally gimp the specs. So there's your tradeoff.

Microsoft is in the same position btw.
#8EasterEggHunterPosted 11/19/2012 6:02:55 PM
Bufkus posted...

With how much money Sony has bled, they can't afford not to price it at $600 unless they totally gimp the specs. So there's your tradeoff.

Microsoft is in the same position btw.

If it does poorly, Sony might go bankrupt, which i wouldn't like to see happen, hell my first game was a sony game before i got into Nintendo, but like you said, Sony has bled a lot of money, with Vita's sales alone, pricing it at $250
---
3DS Code: 5026-5030-0238
Snifit Apprentice is a master
#9dark trunksPosted 11/19/2012 6:10:12 PM
bp4Christ posted...

I have no doubt, with some effort, the Wii U is more then capable of visuals as good as, if not better than my favourite PS3 game, Uncharted. No doubt at all.

If the console is slightly better, or as good as the Xbox and the PS3, we should expect over time games that aren't ported, but created specifically for the Wii U, to look pretty good.

Here's hoping we get some great RPGs for the system. Especially cel-shaded. I swear cel-shaded games always look incredible.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#10bp4Christ(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:51:55 PM
dark trunks posted...
bp4Christ posted...

I have no doubt, with some effort, the Wii U is more then capable of visuals as good as, if not better than my favourite PS3 game, Uncharted. No doubt at all.

If the console is slightly better, or as good as the Xbox and the PS3, we should expect over time games that aren't ported, but created specifically for the Wii U, to look pretty good.

Here's hoping we get some great RPGs for the system. Especially cel-shaded. I swear cel-shaded games always look incredible.

That does sound awesome. It would be cool to see some turn based, throw back type rpg's developed for the system, with the battle menus and item management screens, etc., solely on the gamepad. Some neat stuff can definitely be done with this system.
---