Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#11TheFallenPriestPosted 11/19/2012 7:09:11 PM
You sold your console. All the games are still owned, but by someone else now. So you want Nintendo to have your old copies still out there, and a brand new set? Who would do that?
---
This sig has been interrupted by Joe Biden
#12DisgaeaNutPosted 11/19/2012 7:10:17 PM
TheFallenPriest posted...
You sold your console. All the games are still owned, but by someone else now. So you want Nintendo to have your old copies still out there, and a brand new set? Who would do that?

Who would settle for such an outdated and shortsighted business model in this day of digital distribution. Nintendo is behind the times.
#13EstabIishedPosted 11/19/2012 7:10:59 PM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
Kaiser499 posted...
You shouldn't of sold your original Wii, your own fault.

How is it his fault? Christ. Seems logical that his games should be his, he bought them. Sony, Microsoft, or PC dealers don't do this shady crap. ONLY Nintendo.

Lol this! Nothing is never Nintendo's fault, right guys?
---
Russell Wilson scrambles right side, being pursued. Tosses it out of bounds. 4th Down coming up for Seattle.
#14MachineZedPosted 11/19/2012 7:12:00 PM
Yes it is an archaic Nintendo system. Even with the WiiU your purchases are tied to the console and not the account.

But I will say that Nintendo had been announcing that you will need your Wii to transfer your digital purchases to the WiiU.
#15xLexLuth0rxPosted 11/19/2012 7:12:39 PM
People really need to be accountable for their own actions. I know I sound like a big **** when I say that but it's been known for a LONG time that Wii purchases stay on that Wii and only that Wii they were purchased on.

The lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on Nintendo's.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#16bp4ChristPosted 11/19/2012 7:13:11 PM
Enigma149 posted...
You had plenty of warning that you would need your old Wii, yet you still sold it.

You have none of my sympathy.

Your post, and the others like it, show a severe lack of tact and decency. The TC has a legitimate reason to be upset, and really is just looking to be heard and have someone empathize with him; and instead he gets people like you who have no class or decency, who come in and spew their garbage and hateful insecurity and sadness. You really need to take a look in the mirror and re-evaluate yourself. You and all of the other trolls.
---
[::[_]::]
[o[_]::] Proud follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.
#17Rugal BernsteinPosted 11/19/2012 7:13:55 PM
It's your fault for selling your console.
---
Jackass Thompson will not rest until sax and violins are extinct from earth.
#18TastyKittyMMMMPosted 11/19/2012 7:14:54 PM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
People really need to be accountable for their own actions. I know I sound like a big **** when I say that but it's been known for a LONG time that Wii purchases stay on that Wii and only that Wii they were purchased on.

The lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on Nintendo's.

He has his licenses connected to his Club Nintendo account. A smart business (i.e. not Nintendo) would have found a way to use that information to make sure his games can carry across from system to system. Stop apologizing for Nintendo's ignorance.
#19Loudawg(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:15:11 PM
I did think twice about it, I read up on whether you could play your Virtual Console purchases on the new Wii U. I think I looked up the answer here on Gamefaqs (lol). I didn't know you had to go through that long transfer process with both systems. I didn't want my save game states, I just wanted to be able to play my purchased games. As soon as that was confirmed, I sold the Wii, even though I knew that purchases on the Wii were tied to the console. I just assumed that when they announced you could play your purchased games on the Wii U, I would just have to log in and register. So yeah, I was stupid. But I still don't think they're right in how they handle this. It doesn't seem right.
#20D_Rich_KingPosted 11/19/2012 7:15:48 PM
bp4Christ posted...
Enigma149 posted...
You had plenty of warning that you would need your old Wii, yet you still sold it.

You have none of my sympathy.

Your post, and the others like it, show a severe lack of tact and decency. The TC has a legitimate reason to be upset, and really is just looking to be heard and have someone empathize with him; and instead he gets people like you who have no class or decency, who come in and spew their garbage and hateful insecurity and sadness. You really need to take a look in the mirror and re-evaluate yourself. You and all of the other trolls.

Hear, hear. Anyone with a modicum of rationality will agree that the blame lies with Nintendo here.
---
DLC is a method of Corporate Profiteering. Will You buy into it?