Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#161DragonyeuwPosted 11/20/2012 3:49:41 AM
Regardless of whose fault it is, Nintendo's digital distribution model is ridiculous. I mean, does ANYONE else tie the content to the system? What on earth made Nintendo think this was ever a good idea?
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#162SomnusNemorisPosted 11/20/2012 4:08:17 AM
LOL the WiiU is tanking.
#163HolloweaverPosted 11/20/2012 4:09:30 AM
for a customer like you, who bought so much games, i think Nintendo should make a gesture and fix this, no matter what, no excuses... a happy customer is a returning customer...
#164Pixx0Posted 11/20/2012 4:12:11 AM
Dragonyeuw posted...
Regardless of whose fault it is, Nintendo's digital distribution model is ridiculous. I mean, does ANYONE else tie the content to the system? What on earth made Nintendo think this was ever a good idea?

QFT
most (if not all) DD apps, consoles or pc wise, let you access, red-download what you paid for as many times as you wish.
Take a hint N?

I didn't take the time to read all 17 pages, but as some suggested, sue them TC, and maybe make it public by sending your story to some gaming media. I read things like this on kotaku and the likes, why not trying there.

I hope you manage to fix this, because this is outright ridiculous and a nice big scam from N.
#165SomnusNemorisPosted 11/20/2012 4:16:52 AM
Holloweaver posted...
for a customer like you, who bought so much games, i think Nintendo should make a gesture and fix this, no matter what, no excuses... a happy customer is a returning customer...

Exactly. TC should take this to one of those TV consumer rights shows and shame Nontendo nationally for the gutter filth they are.
#166shootsmackPosted 11/20/2012 4:19:23 AM(edited)
TheFallenPriest posted...
You sold your console. All the games are still owned, but by someone else now. So you want Nintendo to have your old copies still out there, and a brand new set? Who would do that?

He wiped the system clean, thereby retaining his licenses.

How can anyone defend Nintendo on this? The are so cheap and shady. When I sold my Wii in 2009 I had probably 200 dollars of VC games on it and knew there was no easy method of transfer, so I sold the system without wiping it and profited off my VC games.

My finger is in Nintendo's face.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#167SomnusNemorisPosted 11/20/2012 4:22:44 AM
shootsmack posted...
How can anyone defend Nintendo on this?

Because they're pathetic, Nontendo defence force kiddies.
#168MathewMansonPosted 11/20/2012 4:26:36 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
shootsmack posted...
How can anyone defend Nintendo on this?

Because they're pathetic, Nontendo defence force kiddies.

Ironic thing is that the 360 and PS3 have more kids playing those systems. I'd know as I'm a teacher's aid and I talk to kids about video games a lot.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#169SomnusNemorisPosted 11/20/2012 4:29:33 AM
Oh well if the teacher of a single class said it...
#170wneissPosted 11/20/2012 4:30:33 AM
I can sympathize but this is a fantastic argument against downloading games vs. disc/cartridge hard form...
---
Mine: PS2, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP-1000, DS Lite, DSi XL, RetroDuo SNES/NES clone system