Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#181PavelChanPosted 11/20/2012 5:29:19 AM
And this is why we should'nt give Nintendo any money for digital games until they get a proper account system in place.
Their response was also kind of pathetic. Nintendo like to market themselves as the family friendy game company, the nice guys who care about what they do, but when it really comes down to it, when they get a chance to show some appreciation for a fan in return for a few downloads they quickly become the typical heartless corporation who won't lift a finger to help.
#182SquareSidePosted 11/20/2012 5:32:27 AM
Bummer dude. I am very stingy when it comes to buying games digital(1 or 2 a year if even). If I was you I would of held onto that Wii till you fully understood what you could and couldn't do with your digital games. Keep in mind that Nintendo is like Disney with their products. The fact that we have a transfer process at all is pretty nice.

I wonder when they shut down the servers for the Ps3 and 360 in the future if we'll be able to transfer them to the new systems or download them by logging into our old accounts? We shall see I guess.
---
PSN/XBL - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#183rockyminPosted 11/20/2012 5:39:41 AM
SquareSide posted...
Bummer dude. I am very stingy when it comes to buying games digital(1 or 2 a year if even). If I was you I would of held onto that Wii till you fully understood what you could and couldn't do with your digital games. Keep in mind that Nintendo is like Disney with their products. The fact that we have a transfer process at all is pretty nice.

I wonder when they shut down the servers for the Ps3 and 360 in the future if we'll be able to transfer them to the new systems or download them by logging into our old accounts? We shall see I guess.

They don't have servers specifically for PS3 and 360. They are for the services PSN and XBL meaning they will still be there when new hardware is introduced. If you had an XBL account with the original XBox it was usable on the 360. So yeah.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#184DragonyeuwPosted 11/20/2012 6:12:37 AM
wneiss posted...
I can sympathize but this is a fantastic argument against downloading games vs. disc/cartridge hard form...

Yep, it's why I've kept DD purchases this gen to a minimum and will always prefer physical, no matter how archaic it may be. The day DD becomes a replacement for physical games is the day I cease buying into the gaming industry and sticking with the consoles I own, with the thousands of games across many platforms I have yet to play.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#185petran78Posted 11/20/2012 6:25:04 AM
Nintendo treat all their consoles like toys, not electronic devices.
thanks for the warning!

I'll stay away from buying games on VC, which are only a way to milk further old franchises.
Digital distribution is only worth on PC
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#186xKYSxPosted 11/20/2012 6:34:14 AM
It's been like that with the 3DS XL as well. you should have realize they would have done that with the wii u, if you ever bought 2 3DS and realize to transfer over games you'll have to do a system transfer instead of going through eshop and login with your club nintendo account.

which personally I think nintendo's "online" service is still retarded.
#187ianmci13Posted 11/20/2012 6:54:50 AM
Its says pretty clearly in the user agreement that you are only entitled to download VC games once to one console, which you agreed to when you turned on your wii for the first time. Still sucks, but you have no standing to sue them at all. Next time, read the fine print before you decide to do something as rash as that. what did you get for the wii, 100 bucks? maybe? Look before you leap, as the saying goes
#188FishbulbPosted 11/20/2012 7:02:19 AM(edited)
Wow, first off, that's horrible that you lost all those games. I feel bad for you.

At the end of the day though, you made an assumption that you'd be able to do a license transfer without having the original Wii, and you were wrong. Nintendo never promised anything with this and has never handled things this way.

Now the question is... are you gonna contact the Ebay buyer and tell him he just won the lottery?

---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#189teknic1200Posted 11/20/2012 6:56:58 AM
everyone knows you cant transfer that stuff to a new wii. it's been reported to you in plain english (assuming it's your first language) by your wii itself.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#190UndietakerPosted 11/20/2012 7:16:24 AM
teknic1200 posted...
everyone knows you cant transfer that stuff to a new wii. it's been reported to you in plain english (assuming it's your first language) by your wii itself.

FFS are you people really this stupid or are you trolling?
The issue IS THE FREAKING POLICY. Not wether someone knew the policy you daft muppet.