Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#21TheFallenPriestPosted 11/19/2012 7:15:55 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
TheFallenPriest posted...
You sold your console. All the games are still owned, but by someone else now. So you want Nintendo to have your old copies still out there, and a brand new set? Who would do that?

Who would settle for such an outdated and shortsighted business model in this day of digital distribution. Nintendo is behind the times.

Selling your Wii is essentially selling your account.
---
This sig has been interrupted by Joe Biden
#22bp4ChristPosted 11/19/2012 7:16:33 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
TheFallenPriest posted...
You sold your console. All the games are still owned, but by someone else now. So you want Nintendo to have your old copies still out there, and a brand new set? Who would do that?

Who would settle for such an outdated and shortsighted business model in this day of digital distribution. Nintendo is behind the times.

We get it, Nintendo has some things to work on. Time to move along now. Do something constructive that actually contributes to the betterment of mankind instead of setting us back.
---
[::[_]::]
[o[_]::] Proud follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.
#23TastyKittyMMMMPosted 11/19/2012 7:16:37 PM
Rugal Bernstein posted...
It's your fault for selling your console.

Care to tell us how, other than defending Nintendo blindly?
#24Enigma149Posted 11/19/2012 7:17:01 PM
bp4Christ posted...
Enigma149 posted...
You had plenty of warning that you would need your old Wii, yet you still sold it.

You have none of my sympathy.

Your post, and the others like it, show a severe lack of tact and decency. The TC has a legitimate reason to be upset, and really is just looking to be heard and have someone empathize with him; and instead he gets people like you who have no class or decency, who come in and spew their garbage and hateful insecurity and sadness. You really need to take a look in the mirror and re-evaluate yourself. You and all of the other trolls.

Erm...

How, exactly, was I insecure? What garbage did I spew? In which ways am I a troll?

It has been known for months that selling one's Wii would result in losing all of one's information; heck, it could've easily been inferred that this would be the case from 2011. Nintendo only allows content to exist on one system, a policy that will presumably change once Nintendo Network is on the 3DS, but that would still exist for all of their last-gen hardware, including the Wii. Since TC's Wii isn't destroyed, Nintendo won't transfer it; otherwise, he could simply by lying, and two people could be playing the games he only purchased once.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#25stargazer64Posted 11/19/2012 7:17:10 PM
bp4Christ posted...
That is pretty awful. I thought about this last night regarding my 3ds. I reconciled in my mind that I could call Nintendo and they would work it out. I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this.

Might I recommend that you call back and speak with a different agent to see what they can do? If that doesn't work, speak to a supervisor...

Sometimes different agents give you different results. I empathize with you friend. So sorry. I hope this issue gets corrected soon. I love Nintendo, but at this point, this is something that is absolutely unacceptable.

This.

If you keep calling and creating 'tickets' and they don't satisfactorily resolve them, then it looks bad on them. Keep calling and asking to speak to a supervisor until you get one who can do something about it.

Trust me, even though they will tell you that they can't do anything to help, exceptions can be made. Especially since you have a freaking log of the games you bought.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#26SSJ4CHRISPosted 11/19/2012 7:17:20 PM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
LOL wow this one reason alone is enough to avoid Nintendo's digital distribution games... this is so sad, why can't they ever do things right

This. I've never bought a single game on Wii or DS. Never will either.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#27xLexLuth0rxPosted 11/19/2012 7:17:32 PM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...
People really need to be accountable for their own actions. I know I sound like a big **** when I say that but it's been known for a LONG time that Wii purchases stay on that Wii and only that Wii they were purchased on.

The lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on Nintendo's.

He has his licenses connected to his Club Nintendo account. A smart business (i.e. not Nintendo) would have found a way to use that information to make sure his games can carry across from system to system. Stop apologizing for Nintendo's ignorance.

Can he prove that he sold his old Wii with it wiped and not all those games intact so the new owner could play them? No. Regardless of whether you agree with their methods is irrelevant. The issue has been blatantly clear for years that if you EVER get rid of your Wii, the games go with it whether formatted or not.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#28Loudawg(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:17:33 PM
I wiped my Shop Channel account before I sold the Wii so no one else could access my games. I did the proper steps, I would never sell my system with my account details still there. I just thought that you could play your purchased games on the new Wii U. I looked it up. I didn't read the detailed process though, I don't even think NIntendo announced the transfer process, or I would have certainly kept the system until then.
#29btkirbPosted 11/19/2012 7:17:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#30Loudawg(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:19:08 PM
Look at those games I bought... NIntendo doesn't want to keep a customer with such exquisite gaming taste. It makes me sick. I can't even add up how much I spent for a glorified rental. Someone add it up! And while you're at it, add me on the Wii U... LSpear76