Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#211JamesLiv1Posted 11/20/2012 8:09:41 AM
The TC's whole story makes me sick. This is even more fuel for my "Down with Nintendo" fire.

I lost faith in Nintendo as a game giant years ago, with 3DS being a horrible failure (in my opinion) and things like this fanning the flames.
#212FishbulbPosted 11/20/2012 8:32:43 AM
Can the "Down With Nintendo" people explain to me how Nintendo could ever know that the TC had deleted the games off his console before he sold it?
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#213Killeryoshi8Posted 11/20/2012 8:33:33 AM
Fishbulb posted...
Can the "Down With Nintendo" people explain to me how Nintendo could ever know that the TC had deleted the games off his console before he sold it?

Dude, content tied to hardware is a thing of the past. Don't try to defend it.
---
Space Engine
Kerbal Space Program
#214shootsmackPosted 11/20/2012 8:34:21 AM
Fishbulb posted...

Why does Nintendo care? How can you run a licensing system with an online account if there is no recovery option with said account? Are we in 1996 right now? Actually no, there was customer service in the 90's.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#215jsb0714Posted 11/20/2012 8:39:26 AM
Killeryoshi8 posted...
Fishbulb posted...

Yet you trolls blindly defend the TC's actions by being the sheep you'll claim Nintendo fans to be.

TC had all those downloaded games, yet didn't play the system and sold it knowing full well purchases were tied to the hardware. If TC was under a rock and didn't know, tough. It is absolutely irrelevant what Sony/Microsoft do. They tie downloads to the user, great but meaningless here.

The trolls are being really stupid *** here.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#216PigfartsPosted 11/20/2012 8:48:15 AM
jsb0714 posted...
Killeryoshi8 posted...
Fishbulb posted...

Yet you trolls blindly defend the TC's actions by being the sheep you'll claim Nintendo fans to be.

TC had all those downloaded games, yet didn't play the system and sold it knowing full well purchases were tied to the hardware. If TC was under a rock and didn't know, tough. It is absolutely irrelevant what Sony/Microsoft do. They tie downloads to the user, great but meaningless here.

The trolls are being really stupid *** here.

And what if his wii broke? should you lose all you DL stuff? I went through 3 xbox and 3 ps3 and I have never had a problem redownloading my games. Nintendo deserved to homebrewed.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#217Pawkie07Posted 11/20/2012 8:53:13 AM
nintendo does it again proving how much they suck.
#218zalmutePosted 11/20/2012 8:53:28 AM
I dont blame Nintendo as Nintendo is not the only company that says having the downloads are on you. If i recall correctly, iTunes require you to rebuy all of your songs if you lose them.

I feel sorry because that could have been anyone and losing that much cash sux but i don't blame the company that - in advance posted that you will still need your system.
---
IOS Fanboy. Cant afford a 16 dollar app but can afford a 499$ device.
#219DragonyeuwPosted 11/20/2012 8:59:32 AM
Nintendo needs to review this practice. Regardless of whether they gave the consumer notice doesn't negate that their methodology is antiquated and nonsensical.

Nintendo themselves releases multiple versions of their own consoles, surely expecting and indeed hoping that people will buy more than one version of a system during that generation. When they release different iterations of the Ds/3ds, do you think they're doing that only to sway new clientele? Of course not, they also want existing customers to buy the latest version too, in a different size/color/whatever.

Why wouldn't they have a system of attaching purchased content to an account that follows you around no matter how many times you sell off/replace/upgrade your system? What's the solution then, don't sell your console? People sell off consoles all the time, often as a means of funding a new one. But no, with Nintendo if you have a Wii with DD and want to transfer over content to a WIi-U you NEED the old one hanging around. What a wonderful, consumer friendly practice that is.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#220jsb0714Posted 11/20/2012 9:04:20 AM(edited)
Pigfarts posted...
>

And what if his wii broke? should you lose all you DL stuff? I went through 3 xbox and 3 ps3 and I have never had a problem redownloading my games. Nintendo deserved to homebrewed.

Do you actually attempt to think? What the Xbox 360 and PS3 can do or how antiquated you may think Nintendo's policies are is irrelavent. If his Wii broke he was not SOL. Granted the process if far less convenient, the Wii could be repaired or replaced and the downloads restored.

Why going through 3 Xboxes and 3 PS3 is so great, I'll never understand. Funny how that's not an issue with you.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this