Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#221DeIuxePosted 11/20/2012 8:06:37 AM
I bet one of the main selling points on his Ebay Wii was sooo many VC/wiiware games included! And now that the old wii is gone, he still thinks those games are his. I lol'd.
#222KaldrentheboldPosted 11/20/2012 8:20:56 AM
Enigma149 posted...
You had plenty of warning that you would need your old Wii, yet you still sold it.

You have none of my sympathy.

Having a garbage and archaic account system is no excuse for "you should have known better, your fault". The DD system on the Wii / U is trash and needs to be fixed. It is remarkably dumb to NEVER be able to play your games again if a console dies or gets stolen.

Stop being a damn fanboy.
---
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/detail4/ps3/Kaldren88.png
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u223/chocolateFRESH/arts/kraid.png
#223ultronPosted 11/20/2012 8:30:50 AM
This is just the classic case of misunderstanding ownership of digital content.

You, Don't, Own them.

You've purchased a rental right to a limited copy and use of said copy, that's it. Once you no longer fit the original purchase and use conditions, you are liable to loss of access since you were the one to breach the terms of use.

This is the same for nearly all digital download management to prevent file sharing. There's no way for them to know that you've wiped your previous system that you've registered with them, so that's why they don't condone these resales in most cases.

Take this as a wake up call, and read the ToS more often, and don't assume that just because you've bought something that you can download unlimited copies anywhere.
#224StealthlysPosted 11/20/2012 8:34:33 AM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
LOL wow this one reason alone is enough to avoid Nintendo's digital distribution games... this is so sad, why can't they ever do things right

>NIntendo: Herp de derp, lets just put in this 1 feature to piss em off.
>me: *pissed off*
#225Crunch34Posted 11/20/2012 8:38:37 AM
Stealthlys posted...
>NIntendo: Herp de derp, lets just put in this 1 feature to piss em off.
>me: *pissed off*

please go back to 4chan, and don't come back
#226PigfartsPosted 11/20/2012 8:38:58 AM
jsb0714 posted...
Pigfarts posted...
>

And what if his wii broke? should you lose all you DL stuff? I went through 3 xbox and 3 ps3 and I have never had a problem redownloading my games. Nintendo deserved to homebrewed.

Do you actually attempt to think? What the Xbox 360 and PS3 can do or how antiquated you may think Nintendo's policies are is irrelavent. If his Wii broke he was not SOL. Granted the process if far less convenient, the Wii could be repaired or replaced and the downloads restored.

Why going through 3 Xboxes and 3 PS3 is so great, I'll never understand. Funny how that's not an issue with you.

Funny that both sony and MS replaced all 3 each time. So no it wasn't an issue. Sad how you think bad service is a good thing and try to sit here rationalizing how its good.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#227DucePosted 11/20/2012 8:40:56 AM
Don't support Nintendo's draconian backwards ass thinking policies this company cannot keep up with modern standards all they care about are maximized profit margins at the expense of their customers.
#228nickvd8Posted 11/20/2012 8:43:32 AM
Sorry TC you have nobody to blame but yourself. You needed your DS to transfer to your 3DS and they said a long time ago you'd need your Wii to transfer to Wii-U, you really should of seen this coming. Until Nintendo says they're changing the method of transfer the assume that's how it'll be done. Don't ASSUME it'll be like Microsoft & Sony's methods.
---
Want TimeSplitters 4? Go here: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#229dennis941012Posted 11/20/2012 8:50:42 AM
ultron posted...

You, Don't, Own them.

You've purchased a rental right to a limited copy and use of said copy, that's it. Once you no longer fit the original purchase and use conditions, you are liable to loss of access since you were the one to breach the terms of use.

This is the same for nearly all digital download management to prevent file sharing. There's no way for them to know that you've wiped your previous system that you've registered with them, so that's why they don't condone these resales in most cases.

Take this as a wake up call, and read the ToS more often, and don't assume that just because you've bought something that you can download unlimited copies anywhere.

I know :O thats why steam scares me.... what if it goes bankrupt?
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#230exchrystalswordPosted 11/20/2012 8:52:02 AM
dennis941012 posted...
ultron posted...

You, Don't, Own them.

I know :O thats why steam scares me.... what if it goes bankrupt?

I'd worry about sony and nintendo going bankrupt before steam. Steam is actually doing everything right digitally.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3868-7402-0278