Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#271GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 11:40:52 AM
It is almost 2013, Nintendo has released a new system but yet has no interest on sorting out digital ownership issues. That club Nintendo account along with your bank statements are proof of purchase for you TC!

If anyone spends money on a digital game then they should be able to own unlimited copies of it but Nintendo should do this in a way so that the public cannot sell their own extra copies. That's something they really need to sort out, they are way too late.

Wow, seriously? Do you people ever read the licensing agreements? First of all, when you buy digital content, you don't own it. Ever. You are paying to use it, but it doesn't belong to you.

Second of all, how you think the Virtual Console service should work and how it actually works are two different things. The data is tied to the system. Nintendo said this 6 years ago, and then every single video game blog on the entire face of the internet parroted that sentiment. When Nintendo announced the Wii to Wii U data transfer, numerous websites, including IGN, Kotaku, Infendo, Gonintendo, and Joystiq said "Don't sell your Wii, you will need it".

When TC sold his Wii, as per the licensing agreement, he sold his rights away to his virtual console purchases. Tough luck, and maybe lesson learned?
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#272GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 11:46:57 AM
Nice try. fanboy. Nintendo themselves said its not possible. Check their Wii support site:

Can I Transfer Data from One Wii U Console to Another Wii U Console?
Answer:

No. Transferring content from one Wii U system to another Wii U system (for example, from a Basic 8 GB Wii U to a Deluxe 32 GB Wii U) is not possible at this time.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_system_transfer.jsp?menu=general_info&submenu=wup-settings-gi-data-system-transfer-wiiu-wiiu

You talk about ignorance, but you are apparantly the most ignorant of all. Do some research before opening yoru mouth. Nintendo is not perfect, deal with it.

The user can't transfer from one to the other, but Nintendo is almost always capable of doing so. It almost always involves mailing the hardware to them.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#273D_Rich_KingPosted 11/20/2012 11:47:38 AM(edited)
Wouldn't hurt to show a little sympathy. Even if TC could have easily found out that he couldn't re-download his games, doesn't change the fact that it's a ridiculous and outdated policy, that I would say infringes on a consumer's rights.
---
DLC is a method of Corporate Profiteering. Will You buy into it?
#274NeojianXPosted 11/20/2012 11:55:25 AM(edited)
I really no longer want any console or handheld connected to the Internet anymore. Passing on a lot of game content I have with codes included with the games I buy. Mostly with PSP games I own. I only update with games that make me do so offline.

Sony made it known you no longer own your game system when on the game system online network and store. Nintendo follows Sony system owning suite, so I really would no longer have a Nintendo console online. Already having a problem with a newly launched WiiU auto updated when connected online. Crazy for a newly launched gaming console to even need an update. That is a sign that it is rushed out the door.

I lost about $80.00 of VC with my old broke controller door Wii. I was going to get another one, but with the Gamecube BC removed it was not worth a repurchase.

Same for a PS3S after owning a NA 60gb all Sony game gen playing PS3 either.

The price they pay for bad Game company decisions. Lose the real Game Buying Gamers.

Which is not most of the people on these boards. That almost make system modding topics. Ha ha ha! Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are already missing a ton of Cash from the lost of Gamers like me. Those local stores that know me by name also. Did you know that most of them have like a World Trade Meeting and discuss Gamers like me.

I use to own them on Trade-ins and buying games at low prices. They stalk my ass on gamefaqs to see what games to scalp at ebay and amazons. Games they tried to kill off and they lack the patience to play. J R P Gs. The lack of them for the WIiU is why it is not really selling .

Except to guilty ass single parent Moms. .. and people that will get a title loan for one to be status quo with the Jones. Ha ha ha! Only a fool would line up in the cold to spend money on gaming stuff.

This is when the High school drop-out Gamestop clerk or gamefaqs mod tries to own this with a dumb barely a few coherent words sentence. Your stuff reads more like that of a crack head really. Because you probably are. Like that fat bastard on Intervention. 32 years old living with Mommy rent free and get $300.00 a week for his crack habit.

He was playing the X360, but his Mom is gonna get pimped into buying him a WiiU also. Ha ha ha ha!
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#275mini_blightPosted 11/20/2012 11:52:51 AM
Wow. You guys had fun here. I noticed a few interesting things about this topic, but that's not what this reply will be about.

I smell the stench of an anti-Nintendo viral marketing tag team in this topic. It's even got some of my favorite gaf->gamefaqs crossovers, too. So good. Let me list you all.

inb4denial, inb4conspiracydefense

Loudawg (the topic starter)
DisgaeaNut
TastyKittyMMMM
bp4Christ
D_Rich_King
EstabIished
SSJ4CHRIS
huyi
Icecreamdunwich
DaMan1900
shadow961
Yuri_LowelI
linkums
JeffHardyRulez4
A r e n a
LazyDave1
LotionExplosion
singhellotaku
OtakuGamera
Liquid_Frost
NotCeo
Old_Rat
GAMER_X_REVIVAL
chubbyfresh
Cactrot
Undietaker
Jin66
shampoowarrior
jairusmonillas
AgitoXIII
methosagain
SomnusNemoris
AwesomeOSauce
Zen_Zarab
Pixx0
shootsmack
chakramstrike
PavelChan
petran78
Limbic
Pigfarts
exchrystalsword
Alluvion
R_O_B_Sentry
exchrystalsword
JamesLiv1
Killeryoshi8
shootsmack
Pawkie07
Dragonyeuw
Kaldrenthebold
Duce
GreatTroySensei
mhunterchump
Omar_Comin_Yo
ShinChuck
highsummoner1
SilentS89
Xtreme-Void
StinkySkunkGirl
OrionSatsume
rockymin

Sorry, someone snitched. lol Good luck finding out who after including so many of your brehs in this recycled "let's stir up a s***storm" anti-Nintendo topic.

Why didn't you just post this on gaf like the others? Why here? smh
#276OrionSatsumePosted 11/20/2012 11:55:10 AM
^

Hi my name's Earth....have we met???
#277D_Rich_KingPosted 11/20/2012 11:58:17 AM
I always wanted to be part of a conspiracy. It's all sneaky and clandestine.
---
DLC is a method of Corporate Profiteering. Will You buy into it?
#278lostinhellviewPosted 11/20/2012 12:00:17 PM
This happened to me TC. They don't care how much you spent, even if you can prove that you bought the games. I didn't read your whole post, but did you atleast get a free game? I kept on them until they eventually offered me the Kirby collection (after mario sluggers & other $20 bargain bin crap)

Greed is an understatement!
#279Bass_X0Posted 11/20/2012 12:01:47 PM
Loudawg posted...
The Wii does have an account system. It simply links your Club Nintendo account to your console. When I sign into my Club Nintendo account, I can still see all of my purchased games. In fact, I just answered a "survey" for a VC game I bought 4 years ago.The serial numbers of my systems are still there. My purchased list is still there. They should have at least given me Points to redownload the games. 500,000 points!

The thing is Nintendo doesn't know that someone else is or is not able to play the games you downloaded on your old Wii console.

I still have my Wii and VC games. What's to stop me buying a Wii U and telling Nintendo the same story you told us and asking them for compensation for games I supposedly lost but really haven't? They don't know I still have my Wii.

They won't give compensation out for that reason. They don't want to get scammed so even genuine situations like yours get treated as potential scammers.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth." ~ Rook
#280R_O_B_SentryPosted 11/20/2012 12:03:53 PM
@Orion Satsume, I would ignore that list as it means nothing to us in real life anyway. I feel very upset and how the digital media can go in an instant and Nintendo can be like 'in ya face'

I hope no one else makes the same mistake as the TC did, Nintendo will be cold to you even if it was a mistake. You lose the system, you lose all the money spent and digital games with it.
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario