OrionSatsume posted...
^

Hi my name's Earth....have we met???

You just reminded me.

inb4deflections
inb4accusationsofinsanity
inb4playingitup
#282AmbientEDGEPosted 11/20/2012 12:04:30 PM
He purchased the licenses to play those games digitally... but I'm sure somewhere in the fine print it states that the games are only accessible on the console they are downloaded to. This boils down to someone not bothering to read the terms and conditions before hitting the "I Accept" button.

TC, I understand your frustration but you have to realize Nintendo is waaaaaaay behind the times when it comes to the digital distribution age. They are the complete opposite of MS or Sony in terms of technology for consoles (which is sad considering that's all they do while MS and Sony do other things).
---
Whether you think you can or can not the answer is yes.
#283GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 12:15:44 PM
I'm not sure how many times it needs to be stated, but TC jumped the gun. That is all there is to it. If you think Nintendo's Wii Shop policy is outdated, then good for you. I'm super happy you are able to form your own thoughts on the matter, but how you think things should be and how things actually work aren't the same thing.

SIX YEARS AGO, Nintendo flat out stated that anything you download to your Wii is tied to that system. Period. End of story. TC didn't perform due diligence and sold his rights away when he sold his Wii.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#284fatheruppercutPosted 11/20/2012 12:23:01 PM
Im still shocked that people are blaming the topic creator for selling his Wii..... he paid for that content. Content can run on the Wii U as well as the Wii.

It should be made available to re-download on any system the account holder is registered to....

I guess it's literally every other piece of electronics that got digital content wrong though, huh? *rolls eyes*
---
It's ironic.. We ignore the people who adore us, and adore the people who ignore us.
#285R_O_B_SentryPosted 11/20/2012 12:36:08 PM
Nintendo is worried about people being able to sell their own copies of digital games, so that is why they restrict it to 1 copy per console providing that you pay for it.

Think about this a little...
If games were tied to club nintendo account,
imagine if 'x' gave their club Nintendo password to 'y'.

both x and y will have the games and y didn't even have to pay for them.

So I will offer a solution. Tie the games to a club nintendo account, but restrict download to console A. If the account is linked to another console B, it should be unliked from console A and B will have the games on it with the account linked to it. To avoid piracy they should stop games from being copied to SD cards, you won't need to download them to SD cards if they are always on your account. But then there is the issue of system storage space... So if we don't allow downloads to SD cards or external hard drives, then we are limiting customers to console only downloads on which space will fill up really quickly.
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#286xLexLuth0rxPosted 11/20/2012 12:39:35 PM
Something really strikes me as being off whenever I read the responses from the TC. I'm not one to normally call someone out at being a liar but there's just something really fishy the more I observe their comments.

The one thing is that he's very calm and rational (mostly) which tells me that I *think* there's some half-truths in this store. For one, it seems more and more likely that if they did in fact sell their original Wii, I'm not so sure they actually wiped it clean and might have kept all those games on there as a selling point.

TC, let me ask you a question. If you honestly admit that you were in the wrong and made the mistake of selling the system instead of keeping it to transfer the titles, why do you think Nintendo owes you anything? Do you feel that the number of purchases you made gives you the right to be treated differently and fall outside of their T&Cs?

You seem to be almost whining in some of your posts like Nintendo outright wronged you in some fashion and calling on people to go to Twitter to help solve this 'issue'. What issue are you referring to? The fact that you made an honest mistake and expect Nintendo to step up and do something they have no obligation to do? They do it for you, they have to do it for everyone.

At the end of the day, Nintendo has no idea whether your games are still sitting on a machine somewhere and they'd basically have to give out an entire duplicate copy of all your games at no cost to them. Sure, that's easy for them to do but where do they draw the line? Is one person in this same situation who only purchased 5 games just as entitled as you? They should be.

As to people saying to take this to small claims court, yeah good luck with that. If you told the story factually like you did in the OP and your responses thus far, you'd have nothing to stand on. Nintendo followed all of their obligations to you with the purchases, what you did after the fact is on you. The case would get dismissed without question. The burden of proof is on you to show that Nintendo violated some type of their agreement and clearly that didn't happen.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#287GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 12:41:32 PM
Im still shocked that people are blaming the topic creator for selling his Wii..... he paid for that content. Content can run on the Wii U as well as the Wii.

How are you shocked? Nintendo flat out said SO MANY TIMES that if you download it to the Wii, it is stuck on that system. Not to an account, on that system. NOT TO AN ACCOUNT. ON. THAT. SYSTEM.

So how exactly does it shock you that people are blaming the TC for selling his system in spite of Nintendo's policy?

It should be made available to re-download on any system the account holder is registered to....

::EPIC FACEPALM:: Okay, this is why I'm spazzing out... because this IS NOT HOW IT WORKS. For the third fricking time, the way YOU think it should work ISN'T HOW IT ACTUALLY WORKS. You are taking TCs side based on how things AREN'T rather than how they ARE. Even if you think Nintendo's policy is crap, IT IS STILL THE POLICY. TC disregarded it, and now he is out of luck.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#288fatheruppercutPosted 11/20/2012 12:48:39 PM
I don't disagree with you (although I think you are trying too hard to make your point).

On Xbox, I can download all of my digital content on any xbox provided that I sign into my Xbox live account on that console. The digital content only works as long as the Xbox live account is signed in. If the account is not signed in, the content is not available.

Nintendo has something called "club nintendo"... your content should be made available as long as you are signed into a console using your club nintendo account.

This is currently not the way Nintendo handles digital content, and they are flat out doing it wrong... lol.

That's all most of us are trying to say.
---
It's ironic.. We ignore the people who adore us, and adore the people who ignore us.
#289mini_blightPosted 11/20/2012 12:50:23 PM
GEKGanon posted...
How are you shocked? Nintendo flat out said SO MANY TIMES that if you download it to the Wii, it is stuck on that system. Not to an account, on that system.

Not only did Nintendo mention it before, but even the anti-Nintendo brigade spent the last few years of the Wii's life telling everyone on the internet how this system works.

Now they're pretending no one could have possibly known this until now.

But don't let facts get in the way of people recycling an old, failed controversy.
#290fatheruppercutPosted 11/20/2012 12:50:32 PM
FYI... MIcrosoft, Sony... even Apple handles digital content in this manner. I'm going to go out on a limb and say most other devices do too....

except Nintendo.
---