Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#291AkaimizuPosted 11/20/2012 12:53:48 PM(edited)
Not Club Nintendo. It doesn't work that way nor will it ever. Wii U introduces the Nintendo Network ID and the Nintendo Network e-shop system. That's a different thing altogether and will be responsible for handling your Digital Download content, going forward. This will be for Wii U, and hopefully 3DS content, going forward once it is updated to the Nintendo Network e-Shop system.

We all know Nintendo had a flawed digital distribution system before. They're introducing a new distribution system with this console. That's what we're getting to, and what Nintendo is advertising with Wii U and future Nintendo endeavors.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#292R_O_B_SentryPosted 11/20/2012 12:52:51 PM
@fatheruppercut. Thank you.

But I would like to know what happens if you give your login details to person x across the street who has an XBOX and has no downloaded games. If you give your login details to x, then x can also use your games, isn't that true?

Please tell me about it?
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#293fatheruppercutPosted 11/20/2012 12:53:14 PM
I didn't know.... of course I didn't sell my Wii either so I guess I am lucky I don't want to sell yet.

It's a big internet. I can't possibly know everything about everything all at once. I didn't see any disclaimers when I was shopping the virtual console.... or any disclaimers shopping the wii u's digital marketplace.

Whatever... you can argue it all you want but to think their system isn't busted is just dumb lol
---
It's ironic.. We ignore the people who adore us, and adore the people who ignore us.
#294GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 12:55:27 PM
I know they have Club Nintendo, and I know it tracks purchases, and yes, Nintendo should get with the times and tie digital content to an account instead of a system.

But all I'm saying is that the Wii doesn't work that way, and notoriously so. That it ties the purchases to the system is publicly available information, not a secret, and therefore, in regards to TC'ss predicament, Nintendo is absolutely blameless.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#295R_O_B_SentryPosted 11/20/2012 12:55:59 PM
Okay, is there anyone else who know about the answer to my question on that post above ^^^

About XBOX accounts?
---
#296fatheruppercutPosted 11/20/2012 12:56:36 PM
@R_O_B

If I give you my email/password for xbox live, you can sign into my account and download all of my digital content... and you are free to use it as long as you are signed into my xbox live gamertag. You can also purchase more content from my credit card.

Long story short: I'm not giving your my email/password information haha

I guess you can technically share accounts with someone you really trust... I've honestly never asked anyone for their login info so I could play content they bought. All achievements, game saves, etc stay with their account.

I want the achievements and game saves on MY account.
---
It's ironic.. We ignore the people who adore us, and adore the people who ignore us.
#297R_O_B_SentryPosted 11/20/2012 12:59:03 PM
See^ That's probably what Nintendo fears.

People might just sell their login details to someone and Nintendo does not get the money and the person can just sell his ID to millions of people...

I just gave you a really good idea fatheruppercut ;)
---
#298NeojianXPosted 11/20/2012 12:59:09 PM
Look at all the Companyboy damage control post. Ha ha ha ha! : )

Bump em down boys. Bump down the Truth in Gaming. XD
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#299NeojianXPosted 11/20/2012 1:00:51 PM
I wish this was all offline in a Hexagon. Swoosh kick!! : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#300MarioMan847Posted 11/20/2012 1:01:31 PM
I think I'm just gonna repost what I've already said...

MarioMan847 posted...
I'm not gonna take sides here, I'm just gonna view this from my own perspective. TC, if you actually spent THAT much money on all of those downloaded games, you should have been more careful and done more research. Like some people have already said, it's been widely known for years that downloaded games on Wii are connected directly to the console, and you should have taken more things into consideration before just quickly looking something up on the internet and then quickly selling the Wii on eBay.

I'm not defending Nintendo though. When my brother sold his PS3, I got another one because I enjoy Sony exclusives. Since we still had access to my his account, we were instantly able to access all of the games that he previously downloaded.... It was almost like we never sold the system in the first place. Since all of those games are linked to your Club Nintendo Account, there's no reason why Nintendo shouldn't be able to do SOMETHING for you. There's the possibility that you're just lying to get free games, but considering the fact that YOU have your Club Nintendo information, it's pretty obvious that YOU'RE the one who downloaded the games.

I'm aware that you can play all of those games on an emulator. But if you still care, you should definitely call Nintendo again. Nintendo Customer Service is amazing and the way you describe their service just doesn't seem accurate. I've had a lot of problems with my Nintendo systems over the years as well, but Nintendo has always been able to help me out in some way.... It just doesn't seem like Nintendo to give up on you like that.

Nintendo's to blame for their digital purchases being exclusively linked to specific systems, but if you REALLY care about your games, you need to take a stand. I mean, if I actually dropped THAT much money on VC games, I wouldn't take "no" for an answer. I can relate to this situation because my Wii is broken right now and I can't access my VC games on the Wii U because of that. Fortunately, I have the option to get my console fixed and to get all my VC games back. But still, I had around 30 or 40 downloaded games so I sort of know how this feels TC.

It's generally Nintendo's fault, but it's up to you to not allow Nintendo to make you waste all of that money. It's just unfair, but if you give up it will end up being your fault. Sorry if I came off as being negative or against anyone, I'm just saying it like it is. I hope everything works out for you TC.

---
Video games are awesome.