Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#301mini_blightPosted 11/20/2012 1:01:45 PM
fatheruppercut posted...
I don't disagree with you (although I think you are trying too hard to make your point).

On Xbox, I can download all of my digital content on any xbox provided that I sign into my Xbox live account on that console. The digital content only works as long as the Xbox live account is signed in. If the account is not signed in, the content is not available.

I forgot to mention that this "issue" is pointless because an account system doesn't protect anyone from getting screwed out of your digital purchases.

If you're genuinely that afraid of losing any of your digital purchases, then don't bother buying digital. None of it is mandatory. Support physical releases.

If Nintendo was as evil as it is made out to be here, then we wouldn't be calling it Nintendo we'd be calling it Microsoft.
#302R_O_B_SentryPosted 11/20/2012 1:07:27 PM
I want to just applaud that post made by MarioMan.

Well said. TC, you just got to prove it to Nintendo that you:

1) sold your old wii
2) provide receipts of online purchases (bank statement / credit card statement)
3) you have a club nintendo account

Tell them you are sending your Wii U in to the team and do it lol. I own so many VC games, I would die if it happened to me.
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#303GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 1:10:01 PM
So... the general consensus here is that we should disregard reality and support TC?
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#304DragonyeuwPosted 11/20/2012 1:10:44 PM
mini_blight posted...
Wow. You guys had fun here. I noticed a few interesting things about this topic, but that's not what this reply will be about.

I smell the stench of an anti-Nintendo viral marketing tag team in this topic. It's even got some of my favorite gaf->gamefaqs crossovers, too. So good. Let me list you all.

inb4denial, inb4conspiracydefense

Loudawg (the topic starter)
DisgaeaNut
TastyKittyMMMM
bp4Christ
D_Rich_King
EstabIished
SSJ4CHRIS
huyi
Icecreamdunwich
DaMan1900
shadow961
Yuri_LowelI
linkums
JeffHardyRulez4
A r e n a
LazyDave1
LotionExplosion
singhellotaku
OtakuGamera
Liquid_Frost
NotCeo
Old_Rat
GAMER_X_REVIVAL
chubbyfresh
Cactrot
Undietaker
Jin66
shampoowarrior
jairusmonillas
AgitoXIII
methosagain
SomnusNemoris
AwesomeOSauce
Zen_Zarab
Pixx0
shootsmack
chakramstrike
PavelChan
petran78
Limbic
Pigfarts
exchrystalsword
Alluvion
R_O_B_Sentry
exchrystalsword
JamesLiv1
Killeryoshi8
shootsmack
Pawkie07
Dragonyeuw
Kaldrenthebold
Duce
GreatTroySensei
mhunterchump
Omar_Comin_Yo
ShinChuck
highsummoner1
SilentS89
Xtreme-Void
StinkySkunkGirl
OrionSatsume
rockymin

I'm honored to have made your list. Because owning every single home console ever produced by Nintendo and most of their handhelds certainly qualifies me as anti-Nintendo amirite?

*facepalm*
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#305fatheruppercutPosted 11/20/2012 1:17:33 PM(edited)
Having the opinion that the guy who made the topic *should* get his VC games doesn't make me anti-nintendo.

Do you have any idea how many gripes I have with Apple? That doesn't mean I like my iPad or iPhone any less. They aren't perfect devices, but they are still great devices.

PS - only 1 truly perfect device. Waffle maker.
---
It's ironic.. We ignore the people who adore us, and adore the people who ignore us.
#306OzzieArcanePosted 11/20/2012 1:15:02 PM
R_O_B_Sentry posted...
See^ That's probably what Nintendo fears.

People might just sell their login details to someone and Nintendo does not get the money and the person can just sell his ID to millions of people...

I just gave you a really good idea fatheruppercut ;)

Yeah cause it's not like the system won't notice something is wrong when more then one person tries to sign in at the same time.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#307GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 1:16:30 PM
I want to just applaud that post made by MarioMan.

Well said. TC, you just got to prove it to Nintendo that you:

1) sold your old wii
2) provide receipts of online purchases (bank statement / credit card statement)
3) you have a club nintendo account

Tell them you are sending your Wii U in to the team and do it lol. I own so many VC games, I would die if it happened to me.

He doesn't have to prove anything. He downloaded content that was tied to his console, then he sold the console. Ergo, he sold his rights to the content. I congratulate whoever bought his console, they got a really good deal considering all the software licenses TC included for free.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#308mini_blightPosted 11/20/2012 1:19:16 PM
Dragonyeuw posted...

I'm honored to have made your list. Because owning every single home console ever produced by Nintendo and most of their handhelds certainly qualifies me as anti-Nintendo amirite?

Saying you own every single Nintendo system/are a huge Nintendo fanboy, no longer bestows much faith in those looking for honesty on these forums, these dayz.

Too many trolls start their topics with "and I've been a Nintendo fan my whooooole life!"
#309DragonyeuwPosted 11/20/2012 1:19:18 PM
GEKGanon posted...
So... the general consensus here is that we should disregard reality and support TC?

The point isn't about defending the TC. He did the 'wrong' thing as far as selling his wii if he was hoping to transfer his VC purchases to the WII U. Even he acknowledges that.

'Who's at fault' isn't really up for debate. What is,imho, is the bigger picture of why Nintendo employs such an archaic, inflexible digital content model. Some of us can be fans of Nintendo but still be objective and critical if need be. Attaching DD to an account is a business model that has been employed by just about every major vendor pushing virtual content, from Sony to Microsoft to Apple to Google to amazon and so forth.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#310supermax64Posted 11/20/2012 1:20:33 PM
OzzieArcane posted...
R_O_B_Sentry posted...
See^ That's probably what Nintendo fears.

People might just sell their login details to someone and Nintendo does not get the money and the person can just sell his ID to millions of people...

I just gave you a really good idea fatheruppercut ;)

Yeah cause it's not like the system won't notice something is wrong when more then one person tries to sign in at the same time.

Doesn't even have to be at the same time. If they see your account is used on 3,4,5 different ips, that should raise some flags.