Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#311Bass_X0Posted 11/20/2012 1:20:39 PM
fatheruppercut posted...
Im still shocked that people are blaming the topic creator for selling his Wii..... he paid for that content. Content can run on the Wii U as well as the Wii.

It should be made available to re-download on any system the account holder is registered to....

I guess it's literally every other piece of electronics that got digital content wrong though, huh? *rolls eyes*

It should be made available, but its not.

Nintendo are backwards in this, yes. But we all knew that the games were tied to the console.

When he sold his Wii, he also sold the content he paid for. It is no longer his.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth." ~ Rook
#312R_O_B_SentryPosted 11/20/2012 1:23:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#313DragonyeuwPosted 11/20/2012 1:26:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#314GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 1:26:34 PM
The point isn't about defending the TC. He did the 'wrong' thing as far as selling his wii if he was hoping to transfer his VC purchases to the WII U. Even he acknowledges that.

'Who's at fault' isn't really up for debate. What is,imho, is the bigger picture of why Nintendo employs such an archaic, inflexible digital content model. Some of us can be fans of Nintendo but still be objective and critical if need be. Attaching DD to an account is a business model that has been employed by just about every major vendor pushing virtual content, from Sony to Microsoft to Apple to Google to amazon and so forth.

I thought I wasbeing way more objective here than anyone else, as I've been the only one maintaining that the ideological way of handing digital distribution has zero bearing on the reality of the situation.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#315Bass_X0Posted 11/20/2012 1:30:01 PM
R_O_B_Sentry posted...
Uhh didn't he say he wiped it before selling it?

(You know what he wiped, so don't think of something rude).
EDIT: Read his first post. He wiped his **** before he sold it.

That means the new owner of his Wii can't play the games but neither can the topic creator.

He lost all his games the moment he wiped the wii shop of his data. As far as I know; I've never done it myself. Pretty sure thats what it does.

Its like deleting a save file from a game, ignoring the warnings that the data cannot be recovered then wanting to play that save file again later.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth." ~ Rook
#316R_O_B_SentryPosted 11/20/2012 1:32:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#317DragonyeuwPosted 11/20/2012 1:33:26 PM
GEKGanon posted...
The point isn't about defending the TC. He did the 'wrong' thing as far as selling his wii if he was hoping to transfer his VC purchases to the WII U. Even he acknowledges that.

'Who's at fault' isn't really up for debate. What is,imho, is the bigger picture of why Nintendo employs such an archaic, inflexible digital content model. Some of us can be fans of Nintendo but still be objective and critical if need be. Attaching DD to an account is a business model that has been employed by just about every major vendor pushing virtual content, from Sony to Microsoft to Apple to Google to amazon and so forth.

I thought I wasbeing way more objective here than anyone else, as I've been the only one maintaining that the ideological way of handing digital distribution has zero bearing on the reality of the situation.

I know what the reality is. I haven't once argued that the TC is in the 'right' here. My comments have expressly addressed the bigger picture, which is Nintendo's method of digital content delivery.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#318GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 1:40:12 PM
I know what the reality is. I haven't once argued that the TC is in the 'right' here. My comments have expressly addressed the bigger picture, which is Nintendo's method of digital content delivery.

I know their method of content delivery is behind the times. But bringing that into the discussion has only served to put numerous people under the false impression that Nintendo's outdated methodology puts TC in the right. I think that was probably best left as another discussion for another day.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#319mini_blightPosted 11/20/2012 1:42:50 PM
It's sad to see some of you wasting so much energy trying to take Nintendo down.

While you all are busy with that, Sony's Vita is dying a slow death, the PS4 will have to be overpowered and overpriced to help MS shut Nintendo out of mediocre or broken multiplats, and MS is adding more ways to rip everyone off with Xbox Live and the incoming 720.

You'd think Sony would try to partner up with Nintendo in order to save Japan's industry. After all, isn't MS the mortal enemy of Sony as described by Ken Kutaragi? Why is Sony helping Microsoft kill the Japanese side of the industry? Does Sony realise that if they succeed it will kill Sony, too? Perhaps Sony has decided if it can't have it all anymore then they'd rather see it all burn.
#320fatheruppercutPosted 11/20/2012 1:46:13 PM
yep... my sole mission in life is to take down Nintendo
---
It's ironic.. We ignore the people who adore us, and adore the people who ignore us.