Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#321GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 1:47:06 PM
^
The Japanese gaming market is in decline because the people that grew up with gaming are now old enough to realize the Japanese craft storylines made of nonsense.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#322R_O_B_SentryPosted 11/20/2012 1:53:00 PM(edited)
''bringing that into the discussion has only served to put numerous people under the false impression that Nintendo's outdated methodology puts TC in the right''

@GEKganon.

I actually agree for once that we probably are being too sympathetic towards TC and arguing this way will make TC feel he has the rights to compensation.

But what can we do besides being sympathetic to him now? He has lost it all.

I just wish that tons of NES, SNES, N64, SEGA games and consoles fall on him for all that he lost while he is asleep tonight

He will neva downloed agen :(
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#323DragonyeuwPosted 11/20/2012 1:54:34 PM
GEKGanon posted...
I know what the reality is. I haven't once argued that the TC is in the 'right' here. My comments have expressly addressed the bigger picture, which is Nintendo's method of digital content delivery.

I know their method of content delivery is behind the times. But bringing that into the discussion has only served to put numerous people under the false impression that Nintendo's outdated methodology puts TC in the right. .

That's those people's fault if they can't separate the two separate, but related, points being made. It's been made perfectly clear many times over that the TC is in the 'wrong' here, but that doesn't mean we can't look at the bigger picture at the same time. Clearly by the response in this thread it's a discussion worth having.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#324DragonyeuwPosted 11/20/2012 1:55:25 PM
fatheruppercut posted...
yep... my sole mission in life is to take down Nintendo

Mine too apparently.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#325R_O_B_SentryPosted 11/20/2012 1:57:42 PM(edited)
^ Mine three :(
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#326mini_blightPosted 11/20/2012 1:59:45 PM
fatheruppercut posted...
yep... my sole mission in life is to take down Nintendo

You weren't on the list....

GEKGanon posted...
^
The Japanese gaming market is in decline because the people that grew up with gaming are now old enough to realize the Japanese craft storylines made of nonsense.

lol There is decline in quality, which is why I ponder the meaning of working at Sony HQ.

Without Japan, Sony won't have anything to counter Microsoft's army of western developers. American dudebro devs armed with guns and knives vs Japanese otaku devs armed with katanas and shurikens. We all know who'd win in that fight....

Spoiler

Japan.
#327FrialxPosted 11/20/2012 2:13:19 PM
Nintendo did a fairly crap job with the Wii in terms of retaining downloads. The 3DS isn't much better. I lost my 3DS in Belgium, had my 3DS serial number via the box I never threw away when I came back home in the U.S., they told me they couldn't do any transfers until I file in a police report with the lost 3DS. In Belgium.

Nope. Not happening.

Hopefully the Nintendo Network IDs will prevent a disaster like this. I'm facing a similar problem. My Wii memory is fried. Tried the transfer to the WiiU would get an error midway through a couple of times. Can't access my memory in the Wii system settings, or even format it.

Gotta send it in for repairs, and hopefully it'll work fine. Not too pleased, but hey, I like the WiiU so far, and it seems Nintendo caught up with some standards the PS3 and Xbox360 online accounts did right. It's looking optimistic.
#328Bass_X0Posted 11/20/2012 2:38:14 PM
After I heard that you could play your VC/WiiWare games on the Wii U, I cleared my system information from my Wii and sold it to someone on Ebay several months ago.

I'm pretty sure deleting your save data should have raised some alarm bells that maybe you were deleting the very thing you needed to transfer the data across.

You only heard that you could. You didn't know how you could.

Thats not Nintendo's fault.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth." ~ Rook
#329GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 5:57:33 PM
There is decline in quality, which is why I ponder the meaning of working at Sony HQ.

I don't think it has anything to do with quality. There have been plenty of quality Japanese games in recent times, but gaming has largely become a western habit, and most westerners aren't looking for convoluted Japanese storylines.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was a high quality game. It was complete nonsense. The Final Fantasy games are, in terms of quality, as good as they've ever been. And the stories are still total nonsense. Resident Evil? Gameplay issues aside, RE5 and RE6 got ripped because the stories were total nonsense. After western developer Retro made 3 consecutive, well-received games, the Metroid series made its way to Japanese developer Team Ninja, and the story was TOTAL NONSENSE.

Watch literally any anime. Any of them. Literally. The stories are hackneyed-to-hell-and-back trash, and it is just a half hour of yelling, reaction shots, awkward poses, and soliloquies and/or monologues. I'm not trying to hate on Japanese culture, because that is the furthest from the truth, but frankly, in terms of modern media, they are terrible storytellers, and those stories stopped selling to a western audience.

And I think Nintendo is evidence of this. They are, without a doubt, the most celebrated Japanese video game company. Their games are the most popular, and they have the most sought after franchises. And unlike other Japanese developers, Nintendo has, until recently, placed storyline completely on the back burner. Even the Legend of Zelda games have a minimalist storyline. And the games with more complex stories, like Fire Emblem, those are the less popular ones.

Think about it.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#330teehee23Posted 11/20/2012 6:00:21 PM
GEKGanon posted...
There is decline in quality, which is why I ponder the meaning of working at Sony HQ.

I don't think it has anything to do with quality. There have been plenty of quality Japanese games in recent times, but gaming has largely become a western habit, and most westerners aren't looking for convoluted Japanese storylines.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was a high quality game. It was complete nonsense. The Final Fantasy games are, in terms of quality, as good as they've ever been. And the stories are still total nonsense. Resident Evil? Gameplay issues aside, RE5 and RE6 got ripped because the stories were total nonsense. After western developer Retro made 3 consecutive, well-received games, the Metroid series made its way to Japanese developer Team Ninja, and the story was TOTAL NONSENSE.

Watch literally any anime. Any of them. Literally. The stories are hackneyed-to-hell-and-back trash, and it is just a half hour of yelling, reaction shots, awkward poses, and soliloquies and/or monologues. I'm not trying to hate on Japanese culture, because that is the furthest from the truth, but frankly, in terms of modern media, they are terrible storytellers, and those stories stopped selling to a western audience.

And I think Nintendo is evidence of this. They are, without a doubt, the most celebrated Japanese video game company. Their games are the most popular, and they have the most sought after franchises. And unlike other Japanese developers, Nintendo has, until recently, placed storyline completely on the back burner. Even the Legend of Zelda games have a minimalist storyline. And the games with more complex stories, like Fire Emblem, those are the less popular ones.

Think about it.

So true but RE6's story was much better than expected.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...