Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#41MonadAlvisPosted 11/19/2012 7:35:44 PM(edited)
That sucks, but you know what you should do? You should speak to the supervisor/manager, and then speak to his supervisor, and then his supervisor until you get someone who can fix your problem. Don't take no for an answer; everyone has a boss.

edit: Just for the record, I do think this is your fault, though. And I'm pretty sure you have no legal case on your hand. They never said you could have the games if you sold your Wii or anything of the sort. But hey, I'm no lawyer- just like the rest of the people here.
---
My name's Alvis.
Got it memorized?
#42lionheart5656Posted 11/19/2012 7:29:59 PM
Honestly I would talk to a lawyer, you might have a case on your hands.

The first hour of his lawyer would cost him more than his entire catalog did.

You guys just speak out of your ass so much it's not even funny.

Small claims and self representing himself is his best shot at getting anything.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#43IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/19/2012 7:31:24 PM

Small claims and self representing himself is his best shot at getting anything.

Quite a few lawyers offer free "consultations" and could at least give him advice on what to do. Many colleges also offer this service for lower costs.
#44Baha05Posted 11/19/2012 7:33:01 PM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...
People really need to be accountable for their own actions. I know I sound like a big **** when I say that but it's been known for a LONG time that Wii purchases stay on that Wii and only that Wii they were purchased on.

The lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on Nintendo's.

He has his licenses connected to his Club Nintendo account. A smart business (i.e. not Nintendo) would have found a way to use that information to make sure his games can carry across from system to system. Stop apologizing for Nintendo's ignorance.

But the fact of the matter is that it's been known for a long time that you need your Wii system fir the transfer. It would be like me selling my 360 and moaning that my saves were lost even though it was announced that you could transfer HDD content to a new system in one go.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#45lionheart5656Posted 11/19/2012 7:33:40 PM

Quite a few lawyers offer free "consultations" and could at least give him advice on what to do. Many colleges also offer this service for lower costs.

Yea. I just did give him free advice.

Everyone is going to tell him it's not worth it or that they'll handle it and screw him out of his money.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#46BufkusPosted 11/19/2012 7:36:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#47Loudawg(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:37:22 PM
I didn't know that you needed to keep your Wii for the system transfer. I didn't even know it was announced. When I logged into Club Nintendo I saw all my games. Maybe I played Xbox 360 and PS3 too long and thought it was be similar. I actually thought the process was fixed. Yeah, the purchases are tied to the Wii console, but the Wii U is a new system.

Buying and playing Xbox Live and PSN games is so much easier and more fair to the consumer.
#48DaMan1900Posted 11/19/2012 7:37:34 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
LOL wow this one reason alone is enough to avoid Nintendo's digital distribution games... this is so sad, why can't they ever do things right

This. I've never bought a single game on Wii or DS. Never will either.

---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#49bp4ChristPosted 11/19/2012 7:38:07 PM
Baha05 posted...
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...
People really need to be accountable for their own actions. I know I sound like a big **** when I say that but it's been known for a LONG time that Wii purchases stay on that Wii and only that Wii they were purchased on.

The lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on Nintendo's.

He has his licenses connected to his Club Nintendo account. A smart business (i.e. not Nintendo) would have found a way to use that information to make sure his games can carry across from system to system. Stop apologizing for Nintendo's ignorance.

But the fact of the matter is that it's been known for a long time that you need your Wii system fir the transfer. It would be like me selling my 360 and moaning that my saves were lost even though it was announced that you could transfer HDD content to a new system in one go.

Actually, that scenario is not the same at all. Your saves are not costing you any money, and are not *purchased* content. While you do have a point about the transfer process being known for a period of time, it is still poor business practice on Nintendo's part, and something needs to be done to fix this problem, and TC deserves compensation in some way. What about people who are looking to take advantage of trade in deals towards the Wii U? What do they do? The entire issue is unacceptable.
---
[::[_]::]
[o[_]::] Proud follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.
#50Loudawg(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:41:05 PM
How was I stupid for selling my console? I sold my Xbox twice, and my PS3 once, and upgraded to the new consoles. I still have my games. I hadn't played the Wii for almost 2 years. I didn't purchased one disc game in a long, long time. So I sold it. I had all my games on an SD card as well. Now it's useless.