Lost all my Virutal Console/WiiWare Purchases

#51Baha05Posted 11/19/2012 6:41:39 PM
bp4Christ posted...
Actually, that scenario is not the same at all. Your saves are not costing you any money, and are not *purchased* content. While you do have a point about the transfer process being known for a period of time, it is still poor business practice on Nintendo's part, and something needs to be done to fix this problem, and TC deserves compensation in some way. What about people who are looking to take advantage of trade in deals towards the Wii U? What do they do? The entire issue is unacceptable.

Well what did you expect? The Wii has no account systems in places and it's all stored on the system? Is it poor yeah but TC should have researched this first as common sense would have said "Hmmmm I spent 300+ dollars on nothing but VC. I should sell this system!"

Yeah maybe TC should get some compensation but in all reality it does boil down to mostly his fault.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#52bp4ChristPosted 11/19/2012 6:41:42 PM
Bufkus posted...
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
Rugal Bernstein posted...
It's your fault for selling your console.

Care to tell us how, other than defending Nintendo blindly?

Because only an idiot would sell their system.

Sorry no sympathy here. The guy even knew but still went ahead and sold it.

Granted, I think Nintendo should have given him his games back, but I still would not have sold my system.

What gives you the right to call someone an idiot. If you had read what he said, he only knew that the content was playable on the Wii U, not that it had to be transferred to it.
---
[::[_]::]
[o[_]::] Proud follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.
#53Loudawg(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:46:18 PM
The Wii does have an account system. It simply links your Club Nintendo account to your console. When I sign into my Club Nintendo account, I can still see all of my purchased games. In fact, I just answered a "survey" for a VC game I bought 4 years ago.The serial numbers of my systems are still there. My purchased list is still there. They should have at least given me Points to redownload the games. 500,000 points!
#54TheFallenPriestPosted 11/19/2012 6:46:55 PM
Loudawg posted...
I wiped my Shop Channel account before I sold the Wii so no one else could access my games. I did the proper steps, I would never sell my system with my account details still there. I just thought that you could play your purchased games on the new Wii U. I looked it up. I didn't read the detailed process though, I don't even think NIntendo announced the transfer process, or I would have certainly kept the system until then.

Prove it.
You cant? Oh. Ok.
---
This sig has been interrupted by Joe Biden
#55NitroGamerSNESPosted 11/19/2012 6:50:04 PM
@ Loudawg:

Dang dude. That bites big time. I hope you get it worked out. Hopefully Nintendo will get these things sorted out for you.

I hope it all goes well for you in the future.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, and you are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#56Baha05Posted 11/19/2012 6:50:26 PM
Loudawg posted...
The Wii does have an account system. It simply links your Club Nintendo account to your console. When I sign into my Club Nintendo account, I can still see all of my purchased games. In fact, I just answered a "survey" for a VC game I bought 4 years ago.The serial numbers of my systems are still there. My purchased list is still there. They should have at least given me Points to redownload the games. 500,000 points!

But that's not really an account system, the Club Nintendo is more a "VIP" service that keeps records of what games you bought and register. Yeah with VC they should be able to compensate you if you complain about it too much but the Wii itself never had a dedicated account.

It was still pretty foolish to sell any systems for this generation (Wii, 360,PS3) because of these sorts of things. More so with the Wii because of such a glaring flaw, but really you should have kept it if anything just to make transferring less then a pain in the ass vs. individual downloads.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#57TheFallenPriestPosted 11/19/2012 6:51:38 PM
Loudawg posted...

Thats like saying a reciept is an account system at walmart.
---
This sig has been interrupted by Joe Biden
#58AgarestWarPosted 11/19/2012 6:53:17 PM
Sad Story - You are right on everything.

I have sold my beatiful Red Wii cause I was unable to transfer my VC games etc.(100$ EbGames, long time ago (: )

At least I got a superb Red Wiimote+,nunchuk with NSMB so I have lost nothing in $ but the Red Wii was looking so hot

I am surprised and very happy cause they let us transfer our game. Sure it's nothing compare to PS3,X360.

------------------------------------------------------
I usually dont speak or write in english
#59Wiiplayer111Posted 11/19/2012 6:57:11 PM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
Kaiser499 posted...
You shouldn't of sold your original Wii, your own fault.

How is it his fault? Christ. Seems logical that his games should be his, he bought them. Sony, Microsoft, or PC dealers don't do this shady crap. ONLY Nintendo.

Actually they all do it. Any game you buy online you only buy the rights to use it, not to own it. And those rights can be taken away easily.

But Nintendo did have a weird system. But it was confirmed that downloaded stuff is tied to the console very early on. So it was your fault for selling it without thinking of the consequences or doing it misinformed.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#60teehee23Posted 11/19/2012 6:58:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]