LOL purchases still tied to console

#1TastyKittyMMMMPosted 11/19/2012 6:13:31 PM
wtf this is just... what? This is one of those minor yet huge things that makes me wonder if I'm ever going to buy a Wii U... if your console dies and Nintendo pulls their shady crap "sorry we can't fix this" then you're screwed.
#2Skul_Posted 11/19/2012 6:15:30 PM
Not disagreeing about any kinds of stupid stuff like being tied too a console, but, when the hell as Nintendo ever pulled any shady stuff? If its broken, theyl fix it, or you can get the stuff transfered to a new one.

If its stolen, on the other hand...
---
"Screen Size = Resolution."- jairusmonillas
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig
#3devastatorX2Posted 11/19/2012 6:17:24 PM
Considering you can redownload anything you bought on PS3, Vita and probably on Xbox an infinite number of times, Nintendo screwed up again.

It should be tied to an account like every other vendor, not to the hardware itself.
---
Friends don't let friends be Leaf fans.
#4DisgaeaNutPosted 11/19/2012 6:18:16 PM
There are threads where people have already been screwed. This short sided practice is my final nail in the coffin for WiiU, I'll patiently await something different or Nintendos next outing to see if they get with the times.
#5PhoenixWright0Posted 11/19/2012 6:19:02 PM
Yeah, there's really no excuse for this. The state that the OS has been released in is pretty embarrassing, and the policy surrounding digital purchases is still atrocious.
---
http://achrisfling.com
My game development blog, which has links to my film and game review blogs.
#6mercurythewhitePosted 11/19/2012 6:23:56 PM(edited)
DisgaeaNut posted...
There are threads where people have already been screwed. This short sided practice is my final nail in the coffin for WiiU, I'll patiently await something different or Nintendos next outing to see if they get with the times.

Nintendo got scared off already by trying to compete head to head with Sony and lost big time.

They won't make the same mistake twice. Expect this type of blase creativity from here on out.
---
White Light, White Heat.
#7mercurythewhitePosted 11/19/2012 6:21:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/19/2012 6:47:28 PM
Are Nintendo seriously this dumb??? Every device. Ps3 360 mobile devices have accounts tied to secure online system.

Yet Nintendo can't do it. I wish they would just leave the hardware business and go software only. Nintendo were once great. Now they are trying to scam people. Remember they tried to fool people into paying $250 for 3ds.
---
BRAVE VESPERIA!
#9ElectricMolePosted 11/19/2012 6:50:07 PM
so what happens if your wii u with a bunch of purchases tied to it gets stolen?
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#10DisgaeaNutPosted 11/19/2012 6:52:08 PM
ElectricMole posted...
so what happens if your wii u with a bunch of purchases tied to it gets stolen?

You get to buy them again