The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So I bricked the Wii U.

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So I bricked the Wii U.
3 years ago#1
I had the Wii plugged in, only one of the plugs, to eject the Smash Bros. Brawl disc.

I unplugged the Wii U while it was still on, thinking it was the wire to the Wii, and now it's bricked.

When I press the power button, it lights up blue, the fan turns on for a second, and then it shuts back off.

It did freeze twice before that in Nintendo Land, but anyways, I had the Nintendo Network ID of CREATER so it sucks losing it.
---
Hamha!
3 years ago#2
Unless it was updating the firmware or something i wouldnt have thought unplugging/power failure could brick it
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
3 years ago#3
It was downloading New Super Mario Bros. U.

'Resetting the AC adapter' didn't fix it.

I'm freakin screwed
---
Hamha!
3 years ago#4
so I'm covered with sweat and broke a bunch of chairs and a bunch of furniture and threw them all down the stairs.

My dad said he went completly broke spending every single drop of his money on buying me a Wii U.

I messed it up.

Freaking damn
---
Hamha!
3 years ago#5
How does this system brick so easily? It makes me wary of downloading ANYTHING as a single instance of spotty power will kill it to death.
---
Paradigm Shift: A faction war over the WWE on XBL. Tags: Triple H, CM Punk, Faction War.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kameospy
3 years ago#6
so I'm covered with sweat and broke a bunch of chairs and a bunch of furniture and threw them all down the stairs.

My dad said he went completly broke spending every single drop of his money on buying me a Wii U.

I messed it up.

Freaking damn

Troll sighted.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1798-2750 Name: Dakota
Pokemon White Friend Code: 0647 5630 9298
3 years ago#7
Just take it back to the shop, or phone nintendo and send it to them for repair.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
3 years ago#8
Convince nintendo the wii u did it on its own, make them fix it for free. Or tell the store you got it from that it was broken outta the box. You are not screwed.
---
youtube.com/doctoreggmannega 3DS 1590-4712-5284 PSN: DocEggman
"When i'm on the ps3 internet browser can my friends see what website i'm on?"
3 years ago#9
neogaf said Nintendo sends replacements in January.

I rage hard ok
---
Hamha!
(edited by TheAbuMan)
3 years ago#10
It hasn't happened to me thankfully, but I'll have to be careful now.

We need a firmware update to fix this.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So I bricked the Wii U.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived