Wii U has horrible, slow CPU

#1alamazing1234Posted 11/20/2012 10:09:20 AM
Chief technical officer, Oles Shishkovtsov, explains why Metro’s sequel won’t be appearing.

“[The] Wii U has a horrible, slow CPU,” explained Shishkovtsov. “We had an early look at it, we thought we could probably do it, but in terms of the impact we would make on the overall quality of the game – potentially to its detriment – we just figured it wasn’t worth pursuing at this time. It’s something we might return to. I really couldn’t make any promises, though.”

Despite Nintendo’s console offering Metro: Last Light new experiences to its players with it dual screens, when asked Shishkovtsov was adamant that the Wii U would ever seen Metro: Last Light when asked directly.

“We had an initial look at the Wii U, but given the size of the team and compared to where we were last time, just developing for the Playstation 3 is a significant addition.”

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1687689/wii_u_has_a_horrible_slow_cpu_says_metro_last_light_dev.html
#2shootsmackPosted 11/20/2012 10:10:59 AM
Have you tried loading Video chat? It takes over a minute. System feels like it will explode just changing apps. And the controller rattling is driving me nuts.

I did however, post this from a Wii U.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#3kinglink13Posted 11/20/2012 10:11:48 AM
We know the CPU is slow, that isn't anything new.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#4shootsmackPosted 11/20/2012 10:12:28 AM
kinglink13 posted...

We also now know that it is horrible.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#5GEKGanonPosted 11/20/2012 10:12:37 AM
^
The controller rattling is not so surprising. My 3DS rattled a bit because of the shoulder buttons or stylus.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#6kinglink13Posted 11/20/2012 10:12:50 AM
shootsmack posted...
kinglink13 posted...

We also now know that it is horrible.

In what ways horrible?
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#7MegagunstarmanPosted 11/20/2012 10:13:08 AM
The CPU is so slow, when it jumped for joy it got stuck.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#8ColorfulColorsPosted 11/20/2012 10:13:55 AM
I bet you're one of those Sony Ponies who just searched the Wii U on google to find a negative claim about it and post it here. Now aren't you?
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#9ProppaTPosted 11/20/2012 10:16:10 AM
It's been all but confirmed that it's a multi-core, overclocked Wii CPU. Old news. The real news is that the GPU isn't nearly as bad as it could have been...so we can have awesome visuals as long as there's not too much going on the screen at the same time or the AI isn't too intense.
#10fa113nH3r0Posted 11/20/2012 10:16:16 AM
But it is fun so move along.
---
Nintendo Network ID - Jabberwocky
Playstation Network ID - australasia