Wii U has horrible, slow CPU

#121RebornKusabiPosted 11/20/2012 3:31:41 PM
Hmm, who do I trust? Valve's Gabe Newell saying the WiiU is a good system, spec-wise (who completely **** all over the PS3 at launch, because of it's low specs and confusing programming architecture) and who is largely in charge of the multi-million dollar company?

Or do I trust Oles Shishkovtsov of 4A, the developer who has released one game of notability, one that was ported to slower, out-dated hardware to make money and can barely finish the sequel after almost 3 years of development?

Hmm, decisions decisions...
---
"The whole ending to MGS2 is a clusterf***. The game was good and then *POW* La Li Lu Le Lo and S.O.P.A. for about 45 minutes." -hankyhank3416
#122brandonlinkPosted 11/20/2012 3:34:23 PM
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/21/aliens-colonial-marines-delayed-till-2013-wii-u-is-best-looking-version/

“We have to be careful, we don’t want to have completely different games. The game experience, the campaign, the competitive game… it is the same game on each platform so if you love the 360 you’re fine, you’re going to get the game experience. Now, the Wii U is a more powerful machine so if you’re one of those early adopter types and you’ve got the disposable income to buy a new console right now, maybe that’s something you want to look at for this game.”

But what would gearbox know?
---
"I only use Male pokemon cause females should only be for mating, not making me a champion" - SchoolRumble
#123InsertCoin2PlayPosted 11/20/2012 3:39:54 PM
It's like a photographer complaining he can 't make good photographs because his camera doesn't have enough megapixels.
#124therickmu25Posted 11/20/2012 3:46:24 PM
InsertCoin2Play posted...
It's like a photographer complaining he can 't make good photographs because his camera doesn't have enough megapixels.

^ Half true, and I get where you're going but it isn't even debatable that it's a bad sign when the system JUST was released and it already has outdated hardware that developers are saying isn't powerful enough.
---
http://i.imgur.com/34Fj8.jpg
#125Hi CPosted 11/20/2012 3:48:15 PM
"http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/21/aliens-colonial-marines-delayed-till-2013-wii-u-is-best-looking-version-after-PC/".....
---
You'll be my John G.
#126aether17Posted 11/20/2012 4:05:21 PM
mistermerk posted...
Blame Nintendo for putting out a piece of crappy hardware when they could have EASILY surpassed the 360, a SEVEN-year-old (!) console, in every way. Why should devs jump through hoops to make a next gen 2012 console with such a small install base run current gen games!? They shouldn't be expected to.

"Lazy devs" is a fanboy favorite excuse. What about the Mass Effect, BLOPS 2, Epic Mickey 2, Batman: AC, ZombiU, NG 3:RE, etc. devs? Are all them lazy too because those games aren't even up to par with 360 ones? No. It is a fact that the Wii U has much slower RAM and a worse CPU than the HD Twins. Apparently its GPU is 50% faster (as I've been saying for a year), but that won't help much because of the abundance of the CPU/ slow RAM bottlenecks.

Remember what I said: limited budget, limited time, small teams, late finalized dev kits. Plus, the tech is different and not organized in a way where you'll be able to simply port over to Wii U via using raw power, and expect it to run well. The CPU has a DSP, IO processors and several other components which are capable of reducing strains on it. Are all these devs taking full advantage of this? Optimization is required for a CPU like this (with its lower clock speed), and not doing so will result in bad performance. I don't doubt that the CPU is clocked slower, but even at the worst case scenario for the processor (It being a Tri-core Enhanced Broadway), it would still be better at processing information than Xenon (360 CPU). Cell, i'm not too sure of since it'll depend on the "enhancements" made on Broadway. It's not necessarily laziness, it's trying to understand as much as you could with what you had.

Again, like most people you're getting ahead of yourself. We still don't understand how the CPU and GPU work together with everything else, so the slower RAM bandwidths could for all we know, be nothing more than numbers. And no, even for the lower end of the rumored GPU's (4770), it would be capable of much more than just 50% more than PS360. More like 2 or 3 times better.

BTW, BLOPS2 I've seen actually looks and runs better overall than the other console versions.
#127IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/20/2012 5:37:56 PM
"http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/21/aliens-colonial-marines-delayed-till-2013-wii-u-is-best-looking-version-after-PC/".....

Let's wait until we actually see it, as Arkham City was hyped up as looking the best on Wii U too.
#128pearl arowanaPosted 11/20/2012 5:56:28 PM
wii u is using weak outdated component to maximized profits..

deal with it.

slow outdated ram
outdated touch screen controller
no dvd/bluray
ps3/360 level graphix (rofl 8 years old console)

PROFIT!!!
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#129AK_the_TwilightPosted 11/20/2012 6:01:28 PM
As far as developers go, I've heard most of the negative criticism of the Wii U to come from the Metro: Last Light development house. Seriously, it's mostly them doing the bashing. not EA, Gearbox, and definitely not the indie devs.

If they don't want to make Metro: Last Light for Wii U, fine. No problem. But other developers are apparently quite happy with what the Wii U can do, so the least they could do is keep their mouths shut and just make the game on another console.
---
There's no mistaking it.
#130IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/20/2012 6:03:55 PM
As far as developers go, I've heard most of the negative criticism of the Wii U to come from the Metro: Last Light development house. Seriously, it's mostly them doing the bashing. not EA, Gearbox, and definitely not the indie devs.

If they don't want to make Metro: Last Light for Wii U, fine. No problem. But other developers are apparently quite happy with what the Wii U can do, so the least they could do is keep their mouths shut and just make the game on another console.

Tecmo Koei and Tekken's developer both commented on it.