Wii U has horrible, slow CPU

#151itsmeaustinPosted 11/20/2012 5:49:08 PM
I really feel sorry for Nintendo fanboys atm, they really have to work overtime to defend such a lackluster console.

With that said, I'll still be getting one for Smash 4
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
#152PendragoonPosted 11/20/2012 5:54:49 PM
itsmeaustin posted...
I really feel sorry for Nintendo fanboys atm, they really have to work overtime to defend such a lackluster console.

With that said, I'll still be getting one for Smash 4

Nothing lackluster about it, the problem is the trolls grasping at straws anf the Metro devs bashing the Wii U for free publicity.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#153aether17Posted 11/20/2012 5:57:03 PM
Sami1000 posted...
Both of those devs are releasing games for wii u so of course they don't start to bash it. I'm also pretty sure that devs CAN'T tell any details of wii u's hardware. I don't think that slow ram matters though at least on pc ram speed be it ddr1 or 3 has close to zero affect on games.

I'm definitely waiting before buying wii u. For now i only buy it if it gets few really good games.

They can't, or at least they shouldn't.

Slow RAM does matter for certain things, but can be negligible depending on how it's being used throughout the entire console. People see the Wii U have 43% slower RAM, and they make complete judgement on the entire console, even the "experts" are doing this. Unlike them, I'm waiting until the rest of the console is analyzed by the people, because only then can true judgment be told.
#154JKatarnPosted 11/20/2012 6:10:37 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
Where has any credible source stated that the Wii U's CPU is a 3-core, overclocked Hollywood(Wii CPU)? I just remember that one shady, contradictory rumor. I believe that it's horrible and slow, but just copying the Wii's processor three times doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You can still have hardware backwards compatibility without copying the chip exactly.

But using upclocked versions of the Broadway core would certainly be a very cost effective/power efficient way to design a new console while ensuring 100% backwards compatibility with the Wii. Of course there's the possibility that they're using a newer POWER architecture while using the Broadway chip as a support processor for the gamepad etc.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#155LurkerLordPosted 11/20/2012 6:15:58 PM
Do you think the Wii U could handle a Dead Rising game, or any game with a lot of enemies on-screen?
#156PipernextPosted 11/20/2012 6:20:20 PM
ProppaT posted...
It's been all but confirmed that it's a multi-core, overclocked Wii CPU. Old news. The real news is that the GPU isn't nearly as bad as it could have been...so we can have awesome visuals as long as there's not too much going on the screen at the same time or the AI isn't too intense.

So graphics over gameplay? Sounds like a terrible console.
#157sk4ndalousPosted 11/20/2012 6:22:25 PM
lol haters
#158IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/20/2012 6:26:16 PM
Do you think the Wii U could handle a Dead Rising game, or any game with a lot of enemies on-screen?

So far it looks like no, or at least not without a lot of work.
#159P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/20/2012 6:28:39 PM
LurkerLord posted...

The Wii U can run Warriors Orochi without being optimized, so yeah.
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#160LurkerLordPosted 11/20/2012 6:41:37 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
LurkerLord posted...

The Wii U can run Warriors Orochi without being optimized, so yeah.

Yeah, but I remember reading this: http://www.manbitesnintendog.com/dynasty-warriors-producer-calls-wii-u-cpu-a-challenge/

Maybe they have since sorted it out, I don't know.

Do you think Wii U could handle a game like GTAV or Skyrim? (Bethesda games have usually been very CPU-intensive)