Wii U has horrible, slow CPU

#171kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 6:57:19 AM(edited)
megax11 posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
It's been all but confirmed that it's a multi-core, overclocked Wii CPU. Old news. The real news is that the GPU isn't nearly as bad as it could have been...so we can have awesome visuals as long as there's not too much going on the screen at the same time or the AI isn't too intense.

so it has good GPU, bad ram and bad CPU? wouldnt the ram and CPU just bottleneck the potential of the GPU?

No.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150130

So, what other platforms have the Nano Assault guys developed for apart from Nintendo? Oh wait, NONE.

I don't understand how some of you keep insisting on using that incredibly skewed opinion that develops solely for Nintendo as a credible source for info on hardware. I mean, they are the OFFICIAL 3rd party Nintendo developer. They are as credible as reading stuff in ONM or Nintendo Power and believing the spin and PR as actual facts.
#172Killeryoshi8Posted 11/21/2012 6:57:29 AM
Maybe in about 2 years time the Wii U will get games with graphics of Xbox 360 level.
---
Space Engine
Kerbal Space Program
#173kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 7:00:12 AM
Killeryoshi8 posted...
Maybe in about 2 years time the Wii U will get games with graphics of Xbox 360 level.

It can do that now with no big issues. I mean, the Wii U is architecturally similar to the 360 for a reason, to make porting easy. The big question is does the Wii U have legs to go BEYOND the 1-2 year transitional period after the next Sony and MS boxes come out. From a technology POV, it really doesn't and that's why Sony and MS are not concerned about Nintendo at all at this point.
#174brandonlinkPosted 11/21/2012 9:11:36 AM
So haters just gonna ignore the gearbox opinion? Really easy way to tell the difference between skeptical people and trolls, skeptical people say "gearbox says the opposite of 4A at this point its impossible to tell so lets wait and see" Trolls say "LOOK PEOPLE SAID ITS WEAK!!!!1!!!1!!!" Then when gearbox says its not they just pretend gearbox doesnt exist
---
"I only use Male pokemon cause females should only be for mating, not making me a champion" - SchoolRumble
#175kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 9:19:53 AM(edited)
brandonlink posted...
So haters just gonna ignore the gearbox opinion? Really easy way to tell the difference between skeptical people and trolls, skeptical people say "gearbox says the opposite of 4A at this point its impossible to tell so lets wait and see" Trolls say "LOOK PEOPLE SAID ITS WEAK!!!!1!!!1!!!" Then when gearbox says its not they just pretend gearbox doesnt exist

There's actually something easier and more straight forward to go on. The fact that Nintendo can make a profit if they sell just ONE game with each system sold, this tells you that they are pretty much breaking even on the hardware. So breaking even on hardware that they sell for $300-$350 means that the components being used really isn't all that current and means they are using relatively inexpensive components for the system. This tells you that at best, it's slightly more modern than what we already have on PS360 but the Wii U is still firmly in the same class of hardware as the PS360. This in turn means two years down the road, it's seriously going to be very outdated hardware.

Look at MS and Sony, they are not concerned about the Wii U at all at this point because they understand the hardware is negligible compared to their next systems. Now, if Nintendo can get their act together and push out a ton of quality titles and also REALLY utilize that second screen concept in exciting ways, THEN Sony and MS will look at the Wii U as a threat. I mean, right now, the devs aren't even thinking about Wii U for the most part, they are all busy developing their games and engines for the next generation of hardware as well as PCs.

Let's put it this way, if the next Sony and MS boxes come out at $400-$500, considering they will be coming out near the end of 2013, those boxes will be much more powerful since they will essentially be using current budget PC components. The Wii U is using budget PC components at the level of where budget PC components were roughly 2 years or so ago.
#176pearl arowanaPosted 11/21/2012 10:10:17 PM
Killeryoshi8 posted...

true.. wii u = sad console
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#177brandonlinkPosted 11/23/2012 11:25:35 AM
kissdadookie posted...
brandonlink posted...

There's actually something easier and more straight forward to go on. The fact that Nintendo can make a profit if they sell just ONE game with each system sold, this tells you that they are pretty much breaking even on the hardware. So breaking even on hardware that they sell for $300-$350 means that the components being used really isn't all that current and means they are using relatively inexpensive components for the system. This tells you that at best, it's slightly more modern than what we already have on PS360 but the Wii U is still firmly in the same class of hardware as the PS360. This in turn means two years down the road, it's seriously going to be very outdated hardware.

Look at MS and Sony, they are not concerned about the Wii U at all at this point because they understand the hardware is negligible compared to their next systems. Now, if Nintendo can get their act together and push out a ton of quality titles and also REALLY utilize that second screen concept in exciting ways, THEN Sony and MS will look at the Wii U as a threat. I mean, right now, the devs aren't even thinking about Wii U for the most part, they are all busy developing their games and engines for the next generation of hardware as well as PCs.

Let's put it this way, if the next Sony and MS boxes come out at $400-$500, considering they will be coming out near the end of 2013, those boxes will be much more powerful since they will essentially be using current budget PC components. The Wii U is using budget PC components at the level of where budget PC components were roughly 2 years or so ago.

Microsoft and Sony never considered the Wii competition either, they just watched it out sell them to an absurd extent and then pretended that it wasnt competition. I mean i guess realistically the chiefs shouldnt consider the Broncos competition either, sure they might be in the same division but they are no competition for the chiefs firm grasp on last place!

And if you want to compare prices? Do you have any idea what kind of discount Nintendo has for ordering 5.5 million components? I sure as hell dont. Using your knowledge of personal PC prices doesnt really have any implication on what a major corporation pays for similar hardware.

I am not in the camp that believer the WiiU will astonish graphically in the next 4-5 years. However the trolls saying its weaker than the PS360 are trolls and nothing more. Also its impossible to say it wont be on par with the next sony/microsoft consoles b/c we know NOTHING about them. Standard reasoning and logic points to those consoles being more powerful than the WiiU but there is nothing to base that reasoning on other than speculation. The PS3 has quite a bit more raw power than the 360, but companies VERY often develop on the 360 and port to the PS3, so who is to say developers wont develop on the WiiU and port to the other consoles? Its easier to port to more power than to less.
---
"I only use Male pokemon cause females should only be for mating, not making me a champion" - SchoolRumble
#178Shinobi120Posted 11/23/2012 11:35:01 AM(edited)
That slow CPU (as well as the slower speed of RAM) is definitely going to affect open world games made for this thing.

AdamLazaruso posted...
A lot of people seem to be missing the real issue here. It isn't that the Wii U has a slow CPU, it's that it's already missing out on games because of its low technical capabilities. That is not a good sign for the future.

This here.
#179Fierce_Deity777Posted 11/23/2012 11:50:39 AM
pearl arowana posted...
no dvd/bluray

Like I don't already have a hundred other devices in my room that can do this.
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Black/White 2 Boards.
#180BannanaBomb2002Posted 11/23/2012 12:01:37 PM
kissdadookie posted...
brandonlink posted...