Wii U has horrible, slow CPU

#181GM_Posted 11/23/2012 1:06:42 PM
That quote was taken from a PC game developer and they've released Benchmark quality PC titles in recent years. Metro 2033 on Ultra makes even the $800 GPU's break sweat when everything is cranked up. Of course they're going to be critical about a consoles power.
#182overkillwfo1978Posted 11/23/2012 1:21:14 PM
GM_ posted...
Metro 2033 on Ultra makes even the $800 GPU's break sweat when everything is cranked up.

True. It does and you want to know the worst part about this one game, Metro 2033? It is nowhere NEAR the best looking game on the market. There are games that look much better, that are optimized infinitely better and as a result can be played on max on a gtx 560 without a problem.

So... what does this lead us to believe? Well, for myself, I tend to think that yes, Metro 2033 would suffer greatly on the Wii U mostly because it's developers have not learned how to achieve a high level of graphics while optimizing properly. There are plenty of very good developers that do, so I'm really not worried.
---
"Everything is bad about the console. It can't play Rugged Stubble Hero 4: Revenge of the guns" -MotiJR on the Wii U