Wii U has horrible, slow CPU

#41IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/20/2012 11:48:07 AM
You gotta love when an actual developer says its slow, then you get 4 pages of nintendrones saying it doesnt suck. Derp, you even make games? A freaking developer said it sucks. Have fun arguing with him.

Especially when it's more than one developer saying this. This is like the Wii launch all over again.
#42BigAl519Posted 11/20/2012 11:48:37 AM
Heavysack posted...
Metro sucks. I didn't buy my Wii U to play Metro.

Pretty much lol. The only reason Metro even was heard of was for its graphics and ability to put high end PC's to their knees. Other than that it is just another crap shooter with nothing new to offer.
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it, a tool will sit on a forum trying to bash one or the other!
#43KaibreiPosted 11/20/2012 11:48:40 AM
trenken posted...
You gotta love when an actual developer says its slow, then you get 4 pages of nintendrones saying it doesnt suck. Derp, you ever make games? A freaking developer said it sucks. Have fun arguing with him.

Remember when Gabe Newell said the PS3 was trash and that Sony needed to scrap it and start over? These dev opinions don't mean a lot.
---
PSN - GwarSlave1673 GT - GwarSlave4853 Steam - Gwarslave1673
#44KaibreiPosted 11/20/2012 11:50:09 AM
BigAl519 posted...
Heavysack posted...

Pretty much lol. The only reason Metro even was heard of was for its graphics and ability to put high end PC's to their knees. Other than that it is just another crap shooter with nothing new to offer.

I loved Metro and can't wait for the sequel. It's a fun game, just because it isn't coming to Wii U doesn't mean you have to hate it.
---
PSN - GwarSlave1673 GT - GwarSlave4853 Steam - Gwarslave1673
#45Logical_OnePosted 11/20/2012 11:50:21 AM
That's why I will play Metro: Last Light on my PC :D

Already pre-ordered at GMG for $37.50 using coupons and whatnot.
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#46SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/20/2012 11:51:04 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/05/wii-u-avoids-ram-bottleneck-says-nano-assault-dev/

Hmmm... who to trust...

There are more companies commenting on the weakness of the CPU than there are commenting on how strong it is. Stop cherry picking things to make yourself feel better.

Dude I swear your posts always make me do a double-take.

Take your own advise is what I am trying to say.
______

on topic God Nintendo release the specs already.
Slow CPU
Slow RAM

but the SNES was slower and I thought it was better than the Genesis.

Also there seems to be some evidence that it us indeed slow with all of the framerate issues
#47aether17Posted 11/20/2012 11:51:43 AM
trenken posted...
You gotta love when an actual developer says its slow, then you get 4 pages of nintendrones saying it doesnt suck. Derp, you ever make games? A freaking developer said it sucks. Have fun arguing with him.

You also gotta love when an actual developer states that they had "An early look at it".
#48IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/20/2012 11:52:00 AM
BigAl519 posted...
Heavysack posted...

I loved Metro and can't wait for the sequel. It's a fun game, just because it isn't coming to Wii U doesn't mean you have to hate it.

Yep, the first Metro was quite good.
#49HeavysackPosted 11/20/2012 11:52:04 AM
Kaibrei posted...
BigAl519 posted...
Heavysack posted...

I know the game and have seen gameplay.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s544sFja5k
#50godplaysSNESPosted 11/20/2012 11:52:46 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/05/wii-u-avoids-ram-bottleneck-says-nano-assault-dev/

Hmmm... who to trust...

Shin'en has worked on handhelds and some Wiiware titles, the other studio has worked on Metro 2033 for the Xbox 360 and PC(DX9,DX10 and DX11)...
Not to downplay Shin'en, but this studio clearly has alot more experience with more modern hardware
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!