Wii U has horrible, slow CPU

#71squatch22Posted 11/20/2012 12:07:01 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/05/wii-u-avoids-ram-bottleneck-says-nano-assault-dev/

Hmmm... who to trust...

Shin'en has worked on handhelds and some Wiiware titles, the other studio has worked on Metro 2033 for the Xbox 360 and PC(DX9,DX10 and DX11)...
Not to downplay Shin'en, but this studio clearly has alot more experience with more modern hardware

Well, you have a dev who hasn't looked at the hardware since 2011 around the time kits were weaker and underclocked, and one who has been working on the final kits and has discovered how to utilize the CPU/GPU combination to further optimize the hardware.

Wrong. U trust the one that bashes the Wii U

/sarcasm
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png
#72KaibreiPosted 11/20/2012 12:07:08 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
There is nothing to side with the Nintendo fanboys with here, it's simply a case of the Wii U CPU being weak. Enough developers have confirmed this that it's hard to debate it when they have nothing to actually say other than "uhhh that developer is wrong!!!" which doesn't work after three independent developers say it.

Like I said in another topic, what developers say from day to day changes. Is the Wii U CPU weak? Maybe. Do we know for sure yet? Not really. When the PS3 came out you had a lot of devs talking about how it sucked and it was hard to program for and that it wouldn't really be supported. Later that story changes and things worked out ok, hell even Gabe Newell who was the PS3's biggest hater changed his tune.

If the Wii U has a weak CPU do I care? Nope, I'll be buying the next xbox as well and I have a nice gaming PC with a Radeon 7850 so I won't be limited in what games I can play. I bought the Wii U cause I knew it would get some great first party games, anything else that happens will be icing on the cake.
---
PSN - GwarSlave1673 GT - GwarSlave4853 Steam - Gwarslave1673
#73blankempathyPosted 11/20/2012 12:07:21 PM
trenken posted...
lostinhellview posted...
Who the eff is metro anyways? I bet they make games I woudn't ever buy

Thats good for you, because they dont even think its worth making games for the Wii U, so you cant buy them anyway.

Thats ok, I'll run it maxxed out on my pc, enjoy your console quality port.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#74trenkenPosted 11/20/2012 12:07:43 PM
blankempathy posted...
There is nothing to side with the Nintendo fanboys with here, it's simply a case of the Wii U CPU being weak. Enough developers have confirmed this that it's hard to debate it when they have nothing to actually say other than "uhhh that developer is wrong!!!" which doesn't work after three independent developers say it.

You spend every day on this forum trolling through out the day. Thats kinda sad.

How is repeating what a developer said trolling? Nintendrones are getting desperate now. None of you know anything about making videogames. A developer said its slow, go ahead and try and argue with him.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#75KingKeyKeyKeyPosted 11/20/2012 12:09:13 PM
You guys realize slower cpu =/= weaker cpu right? Also from reading that, it just sounds like they aren't willing to put in the effort, time, and money to make the game for the Wii U. Of course they can easily do it for PS3 and 360. They've had like 6 years to get it right.
#76songoku0206Posted 11/20/2012 12:10:50 PM
I don't understand how Nintendo wants the "core gamer" when they are using cheap hardware, I feel like as a fan of Nintendo they been messing up for awhile and to be honest I want this system to flop Nintendo needs a reality check this crap that they are doing isn't going to cut it.
#7740DribylfPosted 11/20/2012 12:12:39 PM
It's horrible and slow compared to what?

I know the Wii U has some underwhelming hardware, but I need specifics here
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#78blankempathyPosted 11/20/2012 12:16:31 PM(edited)
trenken posted...
blankempathy posted...

You spend every day on this forum trolling through out the day. Thats kinda sad.

How is repeating what a developer said trolling? Nintendrones are getting desperate now. None of you know anything about making videogames. A developer said its slow, go ahead and try and argue with him.

All you need to do is spend some time on this forum to recognize his name and the amount of negative posts posted. Also theres been conflicting reports coming in from different developers all the damn time. Also you think that is the reason they're not currently pursuing making it for the wii u? Clearly he states that the reason they're not is because they're working on a ps3 version of metro this time around. They're a small studio they probably don't have as many resources as the average studio. I'm sure you didn't know that though.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#79aether17Posted 11/20/2012 12:13:48 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
aether17 posted...
"We had an early look at it-"

Uh-huh. Here we go again. Must I go on to repeat what I've been saying?

Yeah, that discredited it quite a bit. Early hardware is always weaker than the final product. (just compare the 360 at E3 vs launch)

Yes, well it would depend how "early" the Wii U was in development. "Early" would definitely mean unfinalized dev kits. Makes me wonder if these developers are taking advantage of the DSP, IO processors, etc (all of the extra stuff on the console which takes certain strains off the CPU)
#80lninjasoniclPosted 11/20/2012 12:16:49 PM
squatch22 posted...
hydrocrush posted...
ColorfulColors posted...
I bet you're one of those Sony Ponies who just searched the Wii U on google to find a negative claim about it and post it here. Now aren't you?

+100

+1,000,000

just like nintenyearolds that do the same on the vita boards
---
I'm taking karate classes online