"Wii U RAM 43% slower than PS3/Xbox360"

#21squatch22Posted 11/20/2012 2:52:29 PM
kyomagi posted...
right because power always means more sales right?.....right????

oh wait

3DS > Vita
DS > PSP
PS2 > Xbox

---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png
#22Enigma149Posted 11/20/2012 2:53:18 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
DTY3 posted...
Damn TC you try too hard lol. Relax. No need to get so worked up ;)

Why didn't you say that to the nintendo fans that crapped themselves thinking they were getting a powerhouse HD console for an entire year+?

Who said the Wii U would be a powerhouse? Most people on this board claimed it would be 2-3x the power of the 360 (which, based on the tech breakdown, appears to be at least true for the GPU), and that the PS4 and Xbox 720 would have to be within double that or risk having a PS3-type meltdown.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#23kyomagiPosted 11/20/2012 2:53:58 PM
squatch22 posted...
kyomagi posted...

oh wait

3DS > Vita
DS > PSP
PS2 > Xbox

Forgot to add games.

the ps2 had the best games on a console ever.

ever
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#24Enigma149Posted 11/20/2012 2:55:50 PM
kyomagi posted...
squatch22 posted...
kyomagi posted...

oh wait

3DS > Vita
DS > PSP
PS2 > Xbox

Forgot to add games.

ever

DS probably had the best games on a handheld ever, too.

Funny that sales seem to be followed by good games. Even the Wii, despite having the lowest aggregate score average of the 7th Generation, had the 2 highest-rated games of it.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#25HungoverHero777Posted 11/20/2012 2:56:07 PM
Killeryoshi topic, everyone. Just relax, grab some popcorn, don't take him serious and enjoy the ride.
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree:2 Disagree:0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#26Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/20/2012 2:56:27 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
Playing on a touchscreen with outdated hardware is revolutionary?

People love to game on tablets
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#27pbandjamesPosted 11/20/2012 2:56:28 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
DTY3 posted...

Why didn't you say that to the nintendo fans that crapped themselves thinking they were getting a powerhouse HD console for an entire year+?

He should say it to you. Seriously, who cares? If you like it, like it. If you don't, don't. Anything else is just pointless arguing.
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me
#28kyomagiPosted 11/20/2012 2:57:01 PM
Enigma149 posted...
kyomagi posted...
squatch22 posted...
kyomagi posted...

oh wait

3DS > Vita
DS > PSP
PS2 > Xbox

Forgot to add games.

ever

DS probably had the best games on a handheld ever, too.

Funny that sales seem to be followed by good games. Even the Wii, despite having the lowest aggregate score average of the 7th Generation, had the 2 highest-rated games of it.

and the best rpg since FF7
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#29kissdadookiePosted 11/20/2012 3:00:07 PM(edited)
Enigma149 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
DTY3 posted...

Who said the Wii U would be a powerhouse? Most people on this board claimed it would be 2-3x the power of the 360 (which, based on the tech breakdown, appears to be at least true for the GPU), and that the PS4 and Xbox 720 would have to be within double that or risk having a PS3-type meltdown.

It's not true for that GPU. The GPU specs people are using are from off the shelf AMD/ATI cards. The Wii U most certainly is not clocking the GPU at the same clockspeeds as those off the shelf cards, mainly due to heating concerns. So you may be getting a moderate boost in raw processing speed from the PS360 and maybe a few more current PP processes but it's not magically going to be 2-3 x's more powerful. A budget computer that will cost you $500-$600 to build has roughly 4x's-6x's the processing ability of the current PS360s, they SMOKE the PS360s AND the Wii U, are you implying that the Wii U is similarly specced to a budget $500-$600 gaming PC? I hope you're not because that's ludicrous. However, the next Sony and MS box, they will basically be around the same specs as a current $500-$600 budget gaming PC. Probably a bit more robust then that because the next Sony and MS boxes are going to come out near the end of 2013.

Basically, we can be pretty certain that the GPU (and probably the CPU) are underclocked going by the following facts:

1) Nintendo has aimed to keep heating controlled.
2) Arstechnica I believe has done a voltage test and the system is drawing very little power, what this means is again, that the GPU (and probably the CPU) are underclocked.
#30pokemonfreak97Posted 11/20/2012 3:03:32 PM
Is this a technical analysis or just a look at PS3/360 games that came out around the same time as Wii U launch day? Because if it's the latter, I will continue to explain that making games on an engine you can just copy-and-paste, and then tweak from the last iteration is easier then writing games when you have to build an engine for a new console with new forms of input.

Also, to people who said adding a touchpad is not "revolutionary"; it revolutionized handhelds; tablets, which are almost pointless (they are like cell phones, but less portable, or like laptops, but less powerful), have become a major market, and touch screens are being introduced to major computers. Something tells me a touchpad might be a good innovation for a game console. Also, the games are addicting; have you played DK's Crash Course yet?
---
Plasmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(whew)