"Wii U RAM 43% slower than PS3/Xbox360"

#31MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 11/20/2012 3:06:02 PM
Gamer0561 posted...
I think some people truly get a psychological/physical hard-on for negative news about Nintendo.

I do.
---
Currently playing: Herzog Zwei
#32logans_run_82Posted 11/20/2012 3:08:10 PM
I like how nintendo keeps the specs a strict secret, until it comes out.

and they kick you in the dick and unveil it with a great big "SURPRISE!"
---
The Opposite of a great truth is also true -- Niels Bohr
3DS Friend Code: 4296-3151-0091
#33chuchumyrocketPosted 11/20/2012 3:08:23 PM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
the revolutionary gameplay that can only come in the form of a 2-D Mario game

I lol'd.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
#34pikmintaroPosted 11/20/2012 3:08:30 PM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
the revolutionary gameplay that can only come in the form of a 2-D Mario game

Hey at least it's not Call of Duty ;)
---
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
#35MichyMasterPosted 11/20/2012 3:13:59 PM
trenken posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
Playing on a touchscreen with outdated hardware is revolutionary?

Nintendo fans, who have no received a powerful console in a decade.

This, haha let them be...
#36Enigma149Posted 11/20/2012 3:16:08 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Enigma149 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
DTY3 posted...
Damn TC you try too hard lol. Relax. No need to get so worked up ;)

Why didn't you say that to the nintendo fans that crapped themselves thinking they were getting a powerhouse HD console for an entire year+?

Who said the Wii U would be a powerhouse? Most people on this board claimed it would be 2-3x the power of the 360 (which, based on the tech breakdown, appears to be at least true for the GPU), and that the PS4 and Xbox 720 would have to be within double that or risk having a PS3-type meltdown.

It's not true for that GPU. The GPU specs people are using are from off the shelf AMD/ATI cards. The Wii U most certainly is not clocking the GPU at the same clockspeeds as those off the shelf cards, mainly due to heating concerns. So you may be getting a moderate boost in raw processing speed from the PS360 and maybe a few more current PP processes but it's not magically going to be 2-3 x's more powerful. A budget computer that will cost you $500-$600 to build has roughly 4x's-6x's the processing ability of the current PS360s, they SMOKE the PS360s AND the Wii U, are you implying that the Wii U is similarly specced to a budget $500-$600 gaming PC? I hope you're not because that's ludicrous. However, the next Sony and MS box, they will basically be around the same specs as a current $500-$600 budget gaming PC. Probably a bit more robust then that because the next Sony and MS boxes are going to come out near the end of 2013.

Basically, we can be pretty certain that the GPU (and probably the CPU) are underclocked going by the following facts:

1) Nintendo has aimed to keep heating controlled.
2) Arstechnica I believe has done a voltage test and the system is drawing very little power, what this means is again, that the GPU (and probably the CPU) are underclocked.

Hence why I gave the "2-3x" value and not a straight 4x value that would result from an off-the-shelf part with no modification.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#37shootsmackPosted 11/20/2012 3:31:32 PM
kyomagi posted...
right because power always means more sales right?.....right????

oh wait

3DS > Vita
DS > PSP
PS2 > Xbox

But those systems sold because they had games, and in the case of the PS2, because it had GTA and Final Fantasy, and in that order. The Wii U doesn't apply here because it has no games for purchase, and no games in development.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#38kissdadookiePosted 11/20/2012 3:36:52 PM(edited)
Enigma149 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Enigma149 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
DTY3 posted...
Damn TC you try too hard lol. Relax. No need to get so worked up ;)

Why didn't you say that to the nintendo fans that crapped themselves thinking they were getting a powerhouse HD console for an entire year+?

Who said the Wii U would be a powerhouse? Most people on this board claimed it would be 2-3x the power of the 360 (which, based on the tech breakdown, appears to be at least true for the GPU), and that the PS4 and Xbox 720 would have to be within double that or risk having a PS3-type meltdown.

It's not true for that GPU. The GPU specs people are using are from off the shelf AMD/ATI cards. The Wii U most certainly is not clocking the GPU at the same clockspeeds as those off the shelf cards, mainly due to heating concerns. So you may be getting a moderate boost in raw processing speed from the PS360 and maybe a few more current PP processes but it's not magically going to be 2-3 x's more powerful. A budget computer that will cost you $500-$600 to build has roughly 4x's-6x's the processing ability of the current PS360s, they SMOKE the PS360s AND the Wii U, are you implying that the Wii U is similarly specced to a budget $500-$600 gaming PC? I hope you're not because that's ludicrous. However, the next Sony and MS box, they will basically be around the same specs as a current $500-$600 budget gaming PC. Probably a bit more robust then that because the next Sony and MS boxes are going to come out near the end of 2013.

Basically, we can be pretty certain that the GPU (and probably the CPU) are underclocked going by the following facts:

1) Nintendo has aimed to keep heating controlled.
2) Arstechnica I believe has done a voltage test and the system is drawing very little power, what this means is again, that the GPU (and probably the CPU) are underclocked.

Hence why I gave the "2-3x" value and not a straight 4x value that would result from an off-the-shelf part with no modification.

No, off the shelf parts would give the 2-3x value AT BEST. On a budget PC, the video cards that you can stick into a $500-$600 system is roughly going to be two generations ahead of the GPU that the Wii U uses giving you AT LEAST 4x-6x what the PS360 can pull off (it's already confirmed that it's not the 7000 series that people were claiming it to be, which is what you can stick on a budget PC, the Wii U GPU's off the shelf equivalent is like 2 generations behind that and it's most probably underclocked, so with that in mind, you're looking at maybe 1.5x at best from the PS360 but then you have the CPU bottleneck, on a PS3 for example, the CPU can pick up the slack for the GPU, so all in all, you end up with three pretty similar systems).

This is the reason why MS and Sony are not very concerned about the Wii U, because the Wii U is essentially Nintendo's PS360. Sony and MS understands that the PS360 is on their way out so all their focus is on their next gen boxes. Sony and MS are essentially in it to compete with each other. That's basically how close in tech the Wii U is to PS360, it's so close that Sony and MS are not threatened by it on a technological basis.
#39kinglink13Posted 11/20/2012 3:35:30 PM
43% Isn't much lol.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#40TechniMyokoPosted 11/20/2012 3:35:44 PM
kyomagi posted...
right because power always means more sales right?.....right????

oh wait

3DS > Vita
DS > PSP
PS2 > Xbox

Power does equal better games though. Reverse those arrows to represent quality