"Wii U RAM 43% slower than PS3/Xbox360"

#61_Candice_Posted 11/20/2012 6:01:23 PM
So what, are people not allowed to post nintendo related news on a nintendo board?
#62maximumbarmagePosted 11/20/2012 6:02:13 PM
"Nope. It says they can use UE4."

Judging by current titles, the Wii U can barely handle UE3 titles, and you seriously think it will be able to run UE4 developed titles?

This thing would probably struggle to display saved pictures of UE4 games.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#63dedbusPosted 11/20/2012 6:03:45 PM
"but Unreal Engine 4 is going to be
supremely scalable
. "

Hell they might be able to port it to the gameboy color.
#64kiba312Posted 11/20/2012 6:11:43 PM
2... GB... RAM...?
even my 7 year old comp has 2 GB of RAM >.>
mhk thats my answer whether getting a Wii U or not
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o
#65chisoxrulePosted 11/20/2012 6:14:19 PM
This all may very well be moot point. Not sure how many of you were around during the 16-bit era but the Sega Genesis had a much faster processor (7.67 mhz) compared to the Super Nintendo (3.58 mhz) which is all peanuts by today's standards but it hardly mattered. In the long run the Super Nintendo outperformed the Genesis in almost every type of game out there with the exception IMO of the EA sports games so there's a lot more to the hardware than the processor speeds.
#66GreatTroySenseiPosted 11/20/2012 6:17:22 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Can't you combine all of these "The GPU sucks!", "The CPU sucks!", "The RAM is slow!", and "No BluRay WTF?!" topics into one topic? It would save time any space.

We tried that with the "You guys are gonna be disappointed" topics months ago, but it turns out that as long as you get a "new" game with Mario in the title, no ***** are given.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#67TheArcadePosted 11/20/2012 6:18:01 PM
Hey Einstein, RAM can be essential to gameplay for some. How are we supposed to enjoy the game if it runs like crap.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#68gumbyxcore99Posted 11/20/2012 6:18:04 PM
That trolliosis
#69maximumbarmagePosted 11/20/2012 6:19:13 PM
"This all may very well be moot point. Not sure how many of you were around during the 16-bit era but the Sega Genesis had a much faster processor (7.67 mhz) compared to the Super Nintendo (3.58 mhz) which is all peanuts by today's standards but it hardly mattered. In the long run the Super Nintendo outperformed the Genesis in almost every type of game out there with the exception IMO of the EA sports games so there's a lot more to the hardware than the processor speeds"

Yay, the Wii U will be able to run Super Mario World better than other HD consoles!
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#70Rurouni720Posted 11/20/2012 6:33:46 PM(edited)
kissdadookie posted...
Do you just fail at reading? The article clearly states that Epic does not intend to bring UE4 to the Wii U. It only says that it's technically possible to port it over. Do you know what that means, if Epic doesn't include a path to porting the engine, devs will not do that work for them.

So, just because Epic won't port over an Engine while allowing developers to do so on their will means they likely won't bother? I fail to see the logic in that conclusion. If it's possible then the sole developer will use it as they see fit if there's an incentive for said-developer to support the console. It's not out of the question, Kiss.

Look at the fiasco with porting over to PS3 from 360, only reason devs even bothered with that was due to the large core gamer base on the PS3 thus they had to so that they can make money.

Not including another factor that the Xbox brand is very unpopular in Japan compared to the PS brand, despite the PS3's architecture/cell causing problems for third parties due to the complex nature of it. Plus another point regarding the HD twins power being similar even with bottleknecks & pro/cons. Especially with how developers had to break-even with multiplatform games because obvious of the risen dev costs as a whole.

Do you actually think Nintendo fans cares about core games? I've been on BO2 on the Wii U for a few matches, there's like 400-500 people online playing that, that's pathetic and shows you how uninterested Nintendo fans are about non-Nintendo properties as well as multi-plats.

Your joking right? I'm sorry, but thats one of the worst comparisons ever given in a debate. A new console released with a heavily smaller userbase in comparison to another console thats been out six years ago (adding into the popularity of the Xbox 360 brand in NA/EU) attatched does NOT guarantee you a comparable size difference between how many core groups play on a multiplatform title online. It's completely obvious to nearly everyone who could see that, to which it should not be bought up to an argument about "Nintendo fans not caring about core titles" on the Wii U. It's not a feasible/nor a fair argument at all.