Wii U worth it?

#1triforce11Posted 11/20/2012 3:57:29 PM
So far Ive been hearing about a lot of technical trouble with the Wii U . I really want one but Im debating on whether to get it or not. Can someone plz tell me if its worth getting one or not. [Games on the system are not a issue rite now] Thanx for your opinions.
#2ColorfulColorsPosted 11/20/2012 3:58:36 PM
I'd suggest wait until they get some out with the bugs fixed out.
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#37thmagiPosted 11/20/2012 3:59:34 PM
In my opinion, the Wii U is worth it. NintendoLand and New Super Mario Bros U are buckets of fun, and I haven't had any problem with the system.
Just make sure you don't turn it off during an update. That would be a bad idea.
---
http://z11.invisionfree.com/RealityRevolution/index.php?act=idx
Like Pokemon? Like Dreams? Want to enjoy the friendship of a small community? Stop by.
#4Dusk_Posted 11/20/2012 4:00:10 PM
not right now. wait until they start shipping out the console in the spring, as they should have the firmware update already on the system etc.
#5hypermoePosted 11/20/2012 4:06:26 PM
System wise is a joke. While it has only forzen on me once last night overall from the various other people who have the same problem or worse this seems like something that was left out of beta testing. Aside from that as i believe it can be dealt with via updates everything else works flawlessly at least from what i have played with.

Game wise while subjectable is something i believe is lacking. I mean at least withthe home consoles and the recent handhelds there was at least for me 5+ items worth owning for the system. For the WiiU i really only want ZombiU and NSMB but nintendoland has grown on me so i assume when i try other games it should as well.

I would say its borderline of owning. If you have a system that isnt freezing and like most of the launch titles it well worth it.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#6Virus66Posted 11/20/2012 4:10:00 PM
If you really are going to get it sooner or later, you might as well get it now. There's really no point in not getting it and enjoying it, even if you get a freeze or two. But yeah, I feel like, come Spring, this console will really get some legs and people will start paying attention to it. Maybe all of the negativity will die do-- AHAHAHA! Oh, I just couldn't finish that statement. Nintendo could put out a solid gold console with twice the power of a modern PC and every multiplat game in existence and give it to people for free and everyone would still complain. Like the people who were complaining about how Nintendo does not charge for patches. REALLY!?
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#7clo24Posted 11/20/2012 4:11:18 PM
im waiting a year or so
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/28jfypz.jpg
#8MBurdockPosted 11/20/2012 4:13:23 PM
My basic rule for electronics is to wait about six-twelve months after release and evaluate then. That gives me a basis for determining if the problems were going to be fixed. The only times I have broken this rule were with the GameCube, the DS, and the Wii. Heck, I have an original Nintendo that still works just fine.

But based on what I'm hearing about the Wii U, I'm going to stick with my general rule.
#9HalecticPosted 11/20/2012 4:14:23 PM
Unless you REALLY want to be a first adopter, i would wait until the firmware update comes pre-installed
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#10PoweranimalsPosted 11/20/2012 4:25:59 PM
I actually love the system and definitely recommend picking it up at some point. I do however think it might be a good idea to wait for some of the bugs to be ironed out.