How do I move Wii saves to Wii U?

#1Sin_of_ChaosPosted 11/20/2012 4:19:30 PM
I put my SD card into my Wii, moved some of my saves(such as Skyward Sword, Other M, Mario Galaxy etc). Then I put my SD card into the Wii U and tried to move them after going to the Wii's menu within the Wii U. As I move them, it is requiring me to play each game first before I can move a save.

I don't feel like having to go play every single Wii game of mine just to do this, is there any other way?
#2stekim40Posted 11/20/2012 4:20:13 PM
Read the Wii U MANUAL, it tells you. you're welcome
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, Dishonoured, Borderlands 2, F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Far Cry 3, Dragon Age 3
#3Old_RatPosted 11/20/2012 4:23:02 PM
You have to do it that way. I may be remembering wrong, but i think simply having the disc in the disc tray is enough for it to let you copy the saves, so that might be a little quicker than having to boot up the game and quit it.
#4BreakerPosted 11/20/2012 4:24:58 PM
You either have to use the Wii transfer(which involves online and you lose all the information on the Wii) or do it that way it tells you to. Just put the game in and let it go to the start screen and exit to the home menu. You don't actually have to play.
---
This is the way the world ends.
#5cyberpikPosted 11/20/2012 4:29:02 PM(edited)
^I had to do this when moving saves from Wii to Wii and it was mildly frustrating.

And yes I only had to have the disc load up and prepare for launch to enable save transferring to the second Wii.

I can only assume the WiiU would work in the same manner. I was hoping they'd nix that feature and just allow saves to flow freely.
#6BurgerTime79Posted 11/20/2012 4:28:30 PM
stekim40 posted...
Read the Wii U MANUAL, it tells you. you're welcome

I've giving the same answer before. Sometimes giving a specific page. The answer back has typically been "No. Don't want to look it up. Just tell me".

*Sigh*
Give a man a fish, he'll keep asking for fish. Show a man how to fish, and he'll act like you're refusing to help him.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#7Sin_of_Chaos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 4:30:34 PM
Can't remember if any of my games prompted me with a message like "No save data found, create new save data?" when I first got these or not, been awhile since I bought them. However, if such a screen appears, will I have to say yes to allow the saves to be moved or not?
#8BreakerPosted 11/20/2012 4:33:29 PM
You don't actually have to start the game. Put the disc in then click on it. Don't click start just go back to the home menu.
---
This is the way the world ends.