I honestly feel Graphics have hit their peak.

#1STN79Posted 11/20/2012 6:38:32 PM(edited)
With all current systems now using HD and the games looking pretty damn amazing how
could things get any better visually? What else do we need? Ultra hyper Alpha Omega HD?
I really doubt I'm going to care much about whatever comes after this. PS4 and Xbox 720
probably won't be the huge leap people are expecting. It'll just be another HD system with a higher cost.
One of these days a new game system is gonna be over 1000 dollars. Good luck getting mommy and daddy to fork that over.
#2Baha05Posted 11/20/2012 6:36:40 PM
Mmmm I think they can do better, at least when it comes to some faces, textures, and character creations.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#3QuestofChosenPosted 11/20/2012 6:37:04 PM
Check out the pc games. Everything looks sharper and more vibrant.
#4MirageMew2Posted 11/20/2012 6:37:17 PM
You don't know much about graphics then. Compared to high grade PCs, consoles are far from "peak". But even then, I doesn't matter.
---
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
NNID: Dope _ Kharisma
#5CymerianPosted 11/20/2012 6:37:32 PM
If you're not playing on a PC, you haven't seen the best there is to offer. The graphics cap isn't even up for discussion when it comes to consoles.
---
Fanboys: I want Tales of-
Excalibur: Fool! What right do you have to want a tales game? My legend dates back to the 12th century!
#61shadetail1Posted 11/20/2012 6:37:57 PM
PCs show that graphics *can* still get a lot better. Consoles will never match their PC contemporaries, because one of their main selling points is affordability, which they accomplish by using weaker hardware.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#7maximumbarmagePosted 11/20/2012 6:38:06 PM
"With all current systems now using HD and the games looking pretty damn amazing how
could things get any better visually? What else do we need? "

Stable framerates and games that don't run sub-HD would be a good start, no?
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#8SkyCrackersPosted 11/20/2012 6:38:19 PM
No. 720p, 30fps, horrid jaggies, blurry textures, and flat, unrealistic lighting do not constitute the peak of graphics. That's what most console games look like right now.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#9XSilverPhoenixXPosted 11/20/2012 6:38:45 PM
If you think that a game like Resident Evil 6 has hit it's peak then you have low standards. There is nothing "sharp" about that game's visuals regardless of how it occasionally has some great detail.
#10NoJobBobPosted 11/20/2012 6:39:27 PM
ps3 has terrible graphics compared to PC

but at the same time a very good gaming PC is really expensie