I honestly feel Graphics have hit their peak.

#11falcon712Posted 11/20/2012 6:40:31 PM
It's more about the quality of art. Look at halo 3 vs halo 4. 4 has better character models and colors than halo 3. Halo 4 excited me because I expect the next steroid on Wii u. To be in the same ball park as halo 4. It's not about how many polygons any more it's more how you can trick the eye. The Wii u could handle halo 4.
---
Outlaw 7
#12crowkillersPosted 11/20/2012 6:41:19 PM
I look at upcoming releases like "The Last of Us" and wonder how much better games can actually look...
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#13kjellboyPosted 11/20/2012 6:43:40 PM(edited)
Examples on games showing what the future consoles will get:

Crysis 1/Warhead

In my opinion, that games looks far better then most games today

Battlefield 3

Yet another game looking really nice

The Witcher 2

A game that I think looks far better than ANY game available on PC today. The lightning, the textures, the 3D-models, the way hair looks and moves in the wind. Outstanding art there.
The whole games looks beautiful.

---
(Steam: lordkjellboy)(PSN: KingKjellboy)(Xfire: kjellboy)(Gamertag: Lord Kjellboy)
#14QuestofChosenPosted 11/20/2012 6:45:50 PM
NoJobBob posted...
ps3 has terrible graphics compared to PC

but at the same time a very good gaming PC is really expensie

Not really, a pc with a 7870 HD will run you at about $650-$750 depending on the parts you need.
#15XSilverPhoenixXPosted 11/20/2012 6:48:55 PM
The quality and visual impact of a game depends more on the talent of the developers and not necessarily the specs of a system. You see amazing looking games on any console and then a ton of sub-par games.

You can see the difference between a developer that puts in hard work and those who dial it in and are either lazy or unskilled.
#16nintend0Fan46Posted 11/20/2012 6:49:09 PM
kjellboy posted...
Examples on games showing what the future consoles will get:

Crysis 1/Warhead

In my opinion, that games looks far better then most games today

Battlefield 3

Yet another game looking really nice

The Witcher 2

A game that I think looks far better than ANY game available on PC today. The lightning, the textures, the 3D-models, the way hair looks and moves in the wind. Outstanding art there.
The whole games looks beautiful.

lol the Witcher 2 came out on PC months, if not years before coming out on consoles.

It also looks miles better on PC too.
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#17STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 6:51:22 PM(edited)
I don't know but the next gen of consoles better have something real impressive or most people wont be interested. I mean if a PC's graphics are so much better and these game systems are costing nearly as much wouldn't most rather just game on their PC's? I wish I could see what a PS4 game will look like so I can get an idea how better it would be. I'm guessing not much difference.
#18CrapFactoryPosted 11/20/2012 6:51:30 PM
Graphics can get a lot better. However I'd say that the effects higher graphics have has been diminishing.

I mean, can you beat graphical leaps of the past like 2D to 3D?
#19QuestofChosenPosted 11/20/2012 6:51:50 PM
STN79 posted...
I don't know but the next gen of consoles better have something real impressive or most people wont be interested. I mean if a PC's graphics are so much better and these game systems are costing nearly as much wouldn't most rather just game on their PC's? I wish I could see what a PS4 game will look like so I can get an idea how better it would be.
I'm guessing not much difference.

I would be PC only but PC does not get all the awesome Nintendo and Sony exclusives.
#20srad1292Posted 11/20/2012 7:00:00 PM
If graphics get any better then Dev costs will just become impossible to be worth it and there will be even fewer original titles then the already starved market has
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/srad1292
http://i.imgur.com/eEGxb.jpg ...... http://i.imgur.com/90453.gif