I honestly feel Graphics have hit their peak.

#101viserdesPosted 11/20/2012 11:29:29 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Crysis was actually a great game, lol

True. Crysis is mainly known for its graphics but the gameplay is great too imo.
The suit is awesome.
#102BornAgainDanPosted 11/20/2012 11:32:56 PM
STN79 posted...
With all current systems now using HD and the games looking pretty damn amazing how
could things get any better visually? What else do we need? Ultra hyper Alpha Omega HD?
I really doubt I'm going to care much about whatever comes after this. PS4 and Xbox 720
probably won't be the huge leap people are expecting. It'll just be another HD system with a higher cost.
One of these days a new game system is gonna be over 1000 dollars. Good luck getting mommy and daddy to fork that over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM

^ this is a video of the unreal engine 3 at work. it's almost 2 years old. the unreal engine 4 is in the works right now. you're mistaken, TC. graphics still have a long way to go. also, keep in mind that 1080p is on the verge of being outdated by 4k resolution tvs, so hd won't even be hd anymore by this time next year.
---
PSN - Born_Again_Dan
XBL - BornAgainDan
#103Greyfox995Posted 11/20/2012 11:34:39 PM
The thing is, we've come to the point where we can probably make graphics look life like.. for a face... putting that in a game with lots of other life like things, no system can handle that just yet
#104IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/20/2012 11:36:52 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Crysis was actually a great game, lol

True. Crysis is mainly known for its graphics but the gameplay is great too imo.
The suit is awesome.

Yep, anyone who says it has poor gameplay is simply misinformed.
#105Griever15Posted 11/20/2012 11:39:01 PM
I was having a conversation with one of my buddies the other day about this exact topic. Good times!

We came to the conclusion that we are still far off from reaching the apex of graphics. However with that said, we do wonder what consequences will come with advancing in graphics. Would I be able to get PTSD from playing Call of Duty? Soon games will be so lifelike and gruesome that I'd have to wonder if it is worth it to keep pushing forward in graphics. As a student of psychology, I think about these sorts of things a lot I guess. I love me some Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Battlefield, and Mass Effect but if games begin to get that realistic... Yikes. Though I suppose what they could do is make the graphics and the people look more advanced while at the same time limiting the destruction we see as we kill other humans in games. *shrugs*
#106STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:40:59 PM
I watched that video of Witcher and it just looks like a PS3 game. Am I supposed to be impressed by that? It's nothing I haven't seen before. I even saw some videos of that Unreal Engine 4 and it just looks a bit more shiny and brighter. Not really a big graphics boost though. Guess we won't see a huge leap until PS5 or later. I don't really care how much better these games could look because I'm not so hung up on power like alot of you.
#107DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/20/2012 11:46:55 PM
STN79 posted...
I watched that video of Witcher and it just looks like a PS3 game. Am I supposed to be impressed by that? It's nothing I haven't seen before. I even saw some videos of that Unreal Engine 4 and it just looks a bit more shiny and brighter. Not really a big graphics boost though. Guess we won't see a huge leap until PS5 or later. I don't really care how much better these games could look because I'm not so hung up on power like alot of you.

See what I mean?
Some people just don't notice.

I hate to break it to you, but you're never going to see the huge leap. Not because it isn't there, but because you just aren't seeing it.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#108Master_BassPosted 11/20/2012 11:47:19 PM
QuestofChosen posted...
Check out the pc games. Everything looks sharper and more vibrant.

This. PC games look so much better than console ones.
---
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/omegazero55/Random/JudithOYO.gif http://i50.tinypic.com/x0pdep.png http://i45.tinypic.com/awb49h.png
#109ToadWarriorPosted 11/20/2012 11:49:51 PM
"I honestly feel Graphics have hit their peak."

First of all... Why would you feel that?

Second, you are wrong.

That is all.
#110GeassMasterPosted 11/20/2012 11:51:40 PM
There is no such thing as a graphic's peak and even if there was one, we aren't reaching it anytime soon.
---
Now Playing: One Piece:Pirate Warriors, Tokyo Jungle, Double Dragon Neon, Trails in the sky, LBP:Vita, DOA5
I Have A Huge Backlog.