I honestly feel Graphics have hit their peak.

#111anon_firePosted 11/20/2012 11:54:51 PM
What do you mean the graphics hit their peak?

The Wii U just came out, now you're worrying about not having Next-Gen visuals? Some gamer you are.
#112overkillwfo1978Posted 11/20/2012 11:59:36 PM
STN79 posted...
I watched that video of Witcher and it just looks like a PS3 game. Am I supposed to be impressed by that? It's nothing I haven't seen before. I even saw some videos of that Unreal Engine 4 and it just looks a bit more shiny and brighter. Not really a big graphics boost though. Guess we won't see a huge leap until PS5 or later. I don't really care how much better these games could look because I'm not so hung up on power like alot of you.

I was the same way. Until I actually PLAYED the Witcher 2 on almost max settings on a 1080p monitor. Watching a video with that high of a resolution and frame rate does no good... trust me, you actually have to play the game on the high settings with the montior that supports the resolution.

The title of this topic brings back memories. I actually remember people in the early '90s (90-92) thinking that graphics would never get much better than NEO GEO. The thought was "maybe a little better, but this is the top of the hill right here"

It will ALWAYS get better. Graphics 10 years from now would probably blow your mind if you saw them today.
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#113Splatman1Posted 11/21/2012 12:01:20 AM
Graphics have not hit their peak, but it's getting closer and closer to CGI and reality, thing is though do you really want that? Might as well run out in the real world and shoot crap up at that point.
---
(WWC)Splatman
#114DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/21/2012 12:02:34 AM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
STN79 posted...
I watched that video of Witcher and it just looks like a PS3 game. Am I supposed to be impressed by that? It's nothing I haven't seen before. I even saw some videos of that Unreal Engine 4 and it just looks a bit more shiny and brighter. Not really a big graphics boost though. Guess we won't see a huge leap until PS5 or later. I don't really care how much better these games could look because I'm not so hung up on power like alot of you.

I was the same way. Until I actually PLAYED the Witcher 2 on almost max settings on a 1080p monitor. Watching a video with that high of a resolution and frame rate does no good... trust me, you actually have to play the game on the high settings with the montior that supports the resolution.

The title of this topic brings back memories. I actually remember people in the early '90s (90-92) thinking that graphics would never get much better than NEO GEO. The thought was "maybe a little better, but this is the top of the hill right here"

It will ALWAYS get better. Graphics 10 years from now would probably blow your mind if you saw them today.

The Samaritan and the Elemental Demo both showcase visuals that current console hardware couldn't touch, even in 480p.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#115Kostie100Posted 11/21/2012 12:10:55 AM
I agree with the OP
---
3DS FC:0473-7793-5935, MH3 HR: 359, MK7 VR: 23xxx, Kid Icarus Uprising + Sky Kings <3, SM3DL 100%. Wii U <3. Nintendo <3.
#116twinstarnumber1Posted 11/21/2012 12:22:03 AM
Three words, "High Dynamic Range". Until these monitors stop being as expensive as cars people won't know how good graphics can get.
---
XBL Gamertag: Mydarkstar --- PSN: Mydarkstar
#117vegeta2002Posted 11/21/2012 12:22:52 AM
Any good game can immerse the user without them noticing. Super Mario World reminded me I was playing a video game less than Resident Evils 4-6.
#118SexPantherPandaPosted 11/21/2012 12:23:52 AM
STN79 posted...
With all current systems now using HD and the games looking pretty damn amazing how
could things get any better visually? What else do we need? Ultra hyper Alpha Omega HD?
I really doubt I'm going to care much about whatever comes after this. PS4 and Xbox 720
probably won't be the huge leap people are expecting. It'll just be another HD system with a higher cost.
One of these days a new game system is gonna be over 1000 dollars. Good luck getting mommy and daddy to fork that over.

Op Confirmed to have only had a wii last gen...
#119chronosxgpPosted 11/21/2012 12:26:14 AM
No surprise that someone on the WII U board would say this.
---
PSN: freestyle-xgp
#120CatalystGuitar18Posted 11/21/2012 12:29:05 AM
Um....

http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyrim-looks-like-when-youre-running-100-mods-at-once

vs

http://cdn4.spong.com/screen-shot/t/h/theeldersc345719l/_-The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-PS3-_.jpg
---
Come check out my music at www.last.fm/music/tyler+hellner
PSN ID: Senor_Rub_a_Dub