I honestly feel Graphics have hit their peak.

#161dasboosPosted 11/21/2012 5:32:44 AM
Untill we're in holodecks this conversation is dumb.
---
"Scissors are over powered, Rock is fine." - Paper
GT - stealth finger
#162NettoSaitoPosted 11/21/2012 5:42:47 AM
I keep bringing this up, but check out Square's new engine for next gen. It's graphic quality is higher than CGI, thousands of things are happening at the same time WITHOUT there being any type of framerate drop, and it's just flat out amazing how much this engine can actually do.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#163ikkicutePosted 11/21/2012 5:46:27 AM
Graphics you say??
When Graphics of games looks like the current graphics of the best cut scenes of games today. Maybe that's what we want to see, plus with zero lag and pixelation. But some people don't care about graphics.

Now what do you want? Graphics that show a virtual characters pimples and pores when zoomed in? Hahaha
#164CKnightPosted 11/21/2012 5:47:45 AM
Graphics hitting there peak is WiiU owners rationalizing.

Its ok that Nintendo released an under powered console because no one can do better seems to be the gist.
#165AndehPandyPosted 11/21/2012 5:51:18 AM
I definitely think we can do better. For consoles maybe this is their peak because they have to balance power/cost but for PC there are no limitations. i'm sure on PC we will see graphics that are VERY realistic(if there isn't already graphics at this level on PC)
---
Gamertag: Andehxxx
PSN: InstantPuddin
#166flipzasPosted 11/21/2012 5:53:28 AM
We have reached the limit (1080p), but there still can be improvements to the actual in game graphics.

Maybe in a decade or so 4K TV's will be affordable and that'll open up more opportunities for graphics but that'll take a while.
#167IngSlayerPosted 11/21/2012 5:56:18 AM
"Hey guys, I use a PC for gaming and I'm going to suck on my own g******s in front of you console users just because of that fact."
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#168El_ZaggyPosted 11/21/2012 5:57:12 AM
No graphics havent reached their peak. There is still so mch to do. Just look at the pc games... I mean it's amazing. Playing in 1600p.... more effect than consoles....

I mean... Pc is the utimate gaming console. you can plug a controller in if you dont like the m+kb. You can upgrade it whenever you want. You can decide what to upgrade.

A console if only a simplified pc with a lot of limitations in them of hardware and software.
#169trenkenPosted 11/21/2012 6:01:11 AM
The thing about technology is it never actually peaks. People are very short minded. I remember when the N64 came out, EGM said it was the pinnacle of 3D graphics. They said this because nothing better actually existed at the time. The alternative was crap like Doom which looked awful on the PC.

There is ALWAYS room for improvement. Even 20 years from now when games look significantly better than they do now, there will still be plenty of room for improvement.

There is so much technology that doesnt exist yet to be able to get games to look 100% real. Imagine a role playing game with no loading times that looks like real life, in an open world the size of New Jersey. That WILL happen someday, but its so far off, many decades.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#170kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 6:13:27 AM
trenken posted...
The thing about technology is it never actually peaks. People are very short minded. I remember when the N64 came out, EGM said it was the pinnacle of 3D graphics. They said this because nothing better actually existed at the time. The alternative was crap like Doom which looked awful on the PC.

There is ALWAYS room for improvement. Even 20 years from now when games look significantly better than they do now, there will still be plenty of room for improvement.

There is so much technology that doesnt exist yet to be able to get games to look 100% real. Imagine a role playing game with no loading times that looks like real life, in an open world the size of New Jersey. That WILL happen someday, but its so far off, many decades.

I remember the DOS Daggerfall game was considered to be like real life when that came out. LOL. Those were the simple days.