I honestly feel Graphics have hit their peak.

#41ChargrilledPosted 11/20/2012 7:07:43 PM
Nowhere near peak
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#42nintend0Fan46Posted 11/20/2012 7:08:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#43nintend0Fan46Posted 11/20/2012 7:08:54 PM
kjellboy posted...
nintend0Fan46 posted...
kjellboy posted...
Examples on games showing what the future consoles will get:

Crysis 1/Warhead

In my opinion, that games looks far better then most games today

Battlefield 3

Yet another game looking really nice

The Witcher 2

A game that I think looks far better than ANY game available on PC today. The lightning, the textures, the 3D-models, the way hair looks and moves in the wind. Outstanding art there.
The whole games looks beautiful.

lol the Witcher 2 came out on PC months, if not years before coming out on consoles.

It also looks miles better on PC too.

What I meant was those games I mentioned will be what we will get used to on future consoles. Most of the games I mentioned there is games I play on PC, and the reason why I even mentioned those games. :) The next thing with quality graphics will probably be something called voxel. Google it if you do not know what it is.

Watch this as an example of voxel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km0DpZUgvbg

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking too. Even if next-gen consoles blow the Wii U away, their limit is not going to exceed the best of what PC can do today. And most of those graphical differences will be taxing but most importantly, scalable.

And if the Wii U has a high enough userbase, it might be worth 3rd parties' money to port a game designed for the PS4 and Nextbox. And that effort might be seen worth it in my eyes if they focus on the strengths of the Wii u (the tablet controller) and make it into a unique experience.
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#44PrinceOfHotPosted 11/20/2012 7:13:55 PM
I thought the same thing during the SNES days. And....yea. It constantly exceeds my expectations.
#45MarioFanaticXVPosted 11/20/2012 7:28:50 PM(edited)
Graphics hit their peak in 2006. As a matter of fact, I can name the exact game where they hit their peak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL3EuzaDgpQ

After this, improving graphics was nothing but a waste of time which distracted from improving gameplay.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#46Pixx0Posted 11/20/2012 7:29:29 PM
BeautyAndABeat posted...
Gaming on PC's is lame. Seriously, who the heck wants to push keyboard buttons to attack, fire, or shoot. It's all about controllers baby! Screw the PC.

someone got his head stuck in his console disk tray way too long. Only lame thing we can see around is that dumb statement of yours.
Wireless controllers are supported since a while for many games (ie the same games you play on your beloved console).

psshh, dumb console elitists...

Element_Pearl posted...
http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyrim-looks-like-when-youre-running-100-mods-at-once

I'd like to see a console pull some of these forest shots.

I'd like to play that version of skyrim :)

Games that look like that probably won't be playable until 2025, and even then PC's only, consoles won't quite be there yet.

sorry to tear down the "myth" but 2025...I mean...you're joking right?
These screenshots come from people who play the game right like that.

I suggest you too take a look at those crazy gta4 mods, the one with ultra realistic modes. And no, they won't be available in 2025 either...

The problem with this, is to get decent console hardware, and the wiiu proves we aren't there yet, because of cost.
Brands like Sony, MS or Nint, will cut cost as much as they can so they can milk the consumer. None of them will go for releasing a $800 console.

But people are so misinformed they will take every word from these 3 as granted...sadly...
#47me_faiyezPosted 11/20/2012 7:43:50 PM
We are nowhere near the peak.
---
I think they've taken the freedom and liberty thing a BIT TOO FAR!
-GlowStormLion on Japan's kinks.
#48KefkaesqueXIIIPosted 11/20/2012 7:44:27 PM
While I think that the idea that graphics have reached their peak is ludicrous, I do think that we are starting to reach the point where the amount of time and money needed to create games with super-HD graphics just isn't worth it.
---
"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps." Michael Carpenter - Death Masks
Official Norn of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#49ZarethPosted 11/20/2012 7:44:56 PM
Until normal gameplay looks as good as the cutscenes in WoW, there's room for improvement.
---
It's okay, I have no idea who I am either.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/sage_assassin20/13295475117601.gif
#50CBratePosted 11/20/2012 7:47:53 PM
If you're not playing on a PC, you haven't seen the best there is to offer. The graphics cap isn't even up for discussion when it comes to consoles.

Let alone a Nintendo one.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756