NWR- ZombiU 9/10

#11MANTI5Posted 11/20/2012 10:54:55 PM
I think the reviews were absolutely influenced by expectations of a fast paced blood fest, instead they got a survival horror game. The ones that review based on what it actually is seem to like it more.
#12HugsAllAroundPosted 11/20/2012 10:57:51 PM
sonic777 posted...
HugsAllAround posted...
I've only seen two negative reviews for this game. All the others said the game was either good or great. Gamer reviews are overwhelmingly positive. I was on the fence about this game, but I'll definitely be picking it up this weekend.

I guess a C is overwhelmingly positive. Not that you won't enjoy it, but to say that is entirely misinformed.

LOL, I'm talking about gamers who have actually played the game. Anyone can post a review to metacritic or any other website without knowing anything about the game, but you can't cheat Miiverse.
#13TheNewWavePosted 11/20/2012 11:37:12 PM
Bahh!
#14ChipChippersonPosted 11/21/2012 1:34:06 AM
Here's another good review for it. They don't numerical score games but they give it a "buy"-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNuR40JVkE
---
"We live in an amazing, amazing world and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of just spoiled idiots that don't care"~Louis CK
#15PedroMontanaPosted 11/21/2012 2:40:56 AM
I really wonder how it will sell. Love-it-or-hate-it games usually don't do all that well, but this one has a popular theme and good timing.
---
No More Heroes
#16Thirdrail1Posted 11/21/2012 3:07:54 AM
I've been gaming non-stop for a little over 35 years now. In all that time, I've never heard anyone who called themselves a gamer say anything even remotely like, "This game was too hard for me. I didn't like it."

Never. Not even once. In three and half decades of surrounding myself with games and gamers. Not one time.

Yet, as anyone who loves Monster Hunter or Demon's Souls can tell you, some people simply don't like some games because those games are too hard for them. They'll come up with a million reasons why they don't like the game, but the reality is pretty obvious if you're actually sitting there playing with them.

Reviewers aren't any exception. In fact, they're probably worse about this in some ways, because they consider themselves professional gamers, and dying ten times while the safehouse is being over run by a horde is too much for their egos to handle.

I know the difference between a high quality production and a low quality production when it comes to games. ZombiU is extremely well designed and executed. The last launch game this high quality was Mario 64. There aren't any reasons to give it a low review score that aren't personal.
---
Understand this: Game reviews are written by people who think being a "video game journalist" is possible.
#17shootsmackPosted 11/21/2012 3:08:30 AM
...Nintendo World who?
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#18game freakozoidPosted 11/21/2012 3:33:10 AM
Wow, this is truly pathetic. Some people truly don't like ZombiU as it does come with its fair share of faults. Stop trying to make up excuses on why they rated the game low. If you find another review that rated it higher and you want to go by that then fine, but it is just sad seeing people lie to themselves and constantly say, "They didn't know what they were talking about." People CAN have other opinions than you.