Is my Wii U bricked?

#1KaidanXainPosted 11/21/2012 1:52:18 AM
It seems the majority of what I'm seeing regarding the bricked Wii U's consist of the system's light flashing then turning themselves off. Mine lights up blue just fine, but that's it. It doesn't display an image and it wont turn off. Clearly this seems like a very bad sign to me, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this situation and come out clean.
---
Decapitation = De-animation
#2zalak321Posted 11/21/2012 1:56:47 AM
try leaving it on like that for a while. heard might work idk though
---
I am now the ruler of this board. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563205-sonic-championship There is no one there for me to rule though...
#3Kaotikflow328Posted 11/21/2012 2:05:35 AM
My friend set his up last night- today and when it came time for him shut everything off, he attempted to power it down through the controller. Now I'm not sure if that isn't how you are supposed to do so (common sense says yes because that is how you would turn a Wii of and on) but...

"Mine lights up blue just fine, but that's it. It doesn't display an image and it wont turn off. "

...is his exact situation. I wouldn't say it is bricked because when we unplugged it and plugged it back in and powered it on with the GamePad and it booted up the way it should. I don't know how Nintendo can have a launch this bad.