Gameplay > graphics, but when you release a system that's weaker than...

#1KrisIsLyraPosted 11/21/2012 4:33:33 AM
...last gen's competition, that's going to cause serious problems. Why oh why did Nintendo get the cheapest and crappiest RAM they could find? At this rate, the only multiplats that the Wii U will get will be with the Vita.
---
Are Marth and Roy in this game?
#2thefabregas22Posted 11/21/2012 6:14:47 AM
I agree with you. Still don't know the actual specs yet but from what I've heard it sounds weaker. I'm all for gameplay over graphics but when a system doesn't get games because its not strong enough. That's when the power of the system is just not good enough.

I personally find it hard to believe that Nintendo would release a next gen system that's weaker or only just as strong as current gen. Especially since they've said they're bringing core games to Wii u. If It's true then Nintendo are gonna have to hope that the other next gen systems really aren't much of an upgrade either.
---
Steam thefabregas22
Psn Admiral Classy Let's got down to the dirty!
#3gumbyxcore99Posted 11/21/2012 6:21:44 AM
i don't understand all these people attacking the ram. like did ram ever matter to anybody before they found out the wii u had some slow ram?
#4_DARKAMBITION_Posted 11/21/2012 6:23:20 AM
^it matters to developers.
---
GT: PabloHoneyy SSF4: GEN, Zangief, El Fuerte, Vega, everyone else.
#5SolisPosted 11/21/2012 6:34:13 AM
gumbyxcore99 posted...
i don't understand all these people attacking the ram. like did ram ever matter to anybody before they found out the wii u had some slow ram?

System RAM speed has never really had such a detrimental impact on a console's performance before (since most consoles had more than adequate RAM speeds for their level of technology), so until the Wii U there wasn't much reason to bring it up. Same reason that you didn't hear about CPU execution order much before the Xbox 360 or PS3: that aspect didn't matter beforehand when previous consoles didn't have that limitation.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#6megax11Posted 11/21/2012 6:36:03 AM
LOL! If anyone takes the first two posters seriously, that's sad. I hope people here don't fall for trolling. These two basically assume off of hearsay, in order to draw their conclusions.

If people want proof of how multiplats are running, talk to someone who owns 15 of the 23 launch titles and who isn't a blind - broke - one system owning fanboy (i.e. me).

I have booted up all games and played each for at least 30 minutes or so, except for Zombi U (been meaning to but just too busy), and Tekken Tag 2.

Here is my take on each -

Assassin's Creed 3: The game looks really sharp. I just reached Boston, and everything has ran smooth so far.

Call of Duty: BO2: OH, MY, GOD! This game looks incredible on Wii U, and runs very-very smoothly at 60 FPS. This is coming from someone who hates Call of Dookie, but bought it to show off the tech of Wii U.

Darksiders 2: RUNS GREAT! I had the 360 version, which I got rid of for this version. The 360 version had moments where the framerate would dip, especially in the first world past the opening level. Now it runs great.

Epic Mickey 2: I haven't seen any framerate drops yet, after watching my kids play it.

Ninja Gaiden 3: I don't understand why people mentioned framerate drops on this one, as well as muddy visuals. This is why you don't listen to slobs who sit behind a desk and say they're professional game reviewers, kiddos. I haven't seen anything they're talking about yet.

Skylanders Giants: Looks very sharp compared to my 360/PS3 versions.

Sonic & All Stars Racing: Runs great. Great game.

Other games I played were Tank Tank Tank, which is an awesome arcade game. I had 4 players on it, and it's a blast when you have people to play it with.

There are no games I bought, that I regret. I say this as a gamer who owns every system dating back to the NES, and my game collection has now reached 1355, across most genres in gaming. Don't listen to the bootleg - wannabe - gamers (i.e. fanboys). Listen to people who hold no bias over ANY system.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1327 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28
#7kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 6:43:53 AM(edited)
megax11 posted...
LOL! If anyone takes the first two posters seriously, that's sad. I hope people here don't fall for trolling. These two basically assume off of hearsay, in order to draw their conclusions.

If people want proof of how multiplats are running, talk to someone who owns 15 of the 23 launch titles and who isn't a blind - broke - one system owning fanboy (i.e. me).

I have booted up all games and played each for at least 30 minutes or so, except for Zombi U (been meaning to but just too busy), and Tekken Tag 2.

Here is my take on each -

Assassin's Creed 3: The game looks really sharp. I just reached Boston, and everything has ran smooth so far.

Call of Duty: BO2: OH, MY, GOD! This game looks incredible on Wii U, and runs very-very smoothly at 60 FPS. This is coming from someone who hates Call of Dookie, but bought it to show off the tech of Wii U.

Darksiders 2: RUNS GREAT! I had the 360 version, which I got rid of for this version. The 360 version had moments where the framerate would dip, especially in the first world past the opening level. Now it runs great.

Epic Mickey 2: I haven't seen any framerate drops yet, after watching my kids play it.

Ninja Gaiden 3: I don't understand why people mentioned framerate drops on this one, as well as muddy visuals. This is why you don't listen to slobs who sit behind a desk and say they're professional game reviewers, kiddos. I haven't seen anything they're talking about yet.

Skylanders Giants: Looks very sharp compared to my 360/PS3 versions.

Sonic & All Stars Racing: Runs great. Great game.

Other games I played were Tank Tank Tank, which is an awesome arcade game. I had 4 players on it, and it's a blast when you have people to play it with.

There are no games I bought, that I regret. I say this as a gamer who owns every system dating back to the NES, and my game collection has now reached 1355, across most genres in gaming. Don't listen to the bootleg - wannabe - gamers (i.e. fanboys). Listen to people who hold no bias over ANY system.

BO2 actually hiccups worse in campaign than the 360 version. 360 will drop to the 40s when it hiccups in campaign but on the Wii U it would drop down to sub 30. It's not detrimental to the game but it is technically not running as well on the Wii U. Apart from that, the two versions pretty much look identical.

So based on the fact that you couldn't even pick up on the very obvious fact that BO2 drops down incredibly low in framerate during the campaign (first time it hit me was when running to find a boat right before you're rescued by the chopper in Chapter 1), I don't think your views on graphics is in any way shape or form credible.

Darksiders 2 also looks better on 360. Ninja Gaiden actually ran better on 360. We all know Arkham City has some kind of texture loading bug on the Wii U.

So yeah, the ports at best are on par or just slightly below what they were for those titles on the 360.
#8MathewMansonPosted 11/21/2012 6:44:53 AM
We can't judge the power of a console based on launch titles...especially ports.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#9dylanbrandon286Posted 11/21/2012 6:45:45 AM
KrisIsLyra posted...
...last gen's competition, that's going to cause serious problems. Why oh why did Nintendo get the cheapest and crappiest RAM they could find? At this rate, the only multiplats that the Wii U will get will be with the Vita.

Please tell me in what category it is worse then the PS3 and X360. I have both, and I have a gaming rig, so I know great graphics.

Don't worry, ill be waiting.
---
Japan: "wow nukes are so op. America so noob." Brokencandle
#10El_ZaggyPosted 11/21/2012 6:46:18 AM
MathewManson posted...
We can't judge the power of a console based on launch titles...especially ports.

didnt knew zombiU was a port.