Gameplay > graphics, but when you release a system that's weaker than...

#11kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 6:48:12 AM
dylanbrandon286 posted...
KrisIsLyra posted...
...last gen's competition, that's going to cause serious problems. Why oh why did Nintendo get the cheapest and crappiest RAM they could find? At this rate, the only multiplats that the Wii U will get will be with the Vita.

Please tell me in what category it is worse then the PS3 and X360. I have both, and I have a gaming rig, so I know great graphics.

Don't worry, ill be waiting.

Let's all agree that the Wii U is no gaming PC set up. It's doesn't even hold a candle to a budget gaming PC set up that can be built for around $500-$600 shall we? That's going to be what the next Sony and MS boxes will turn out to be. So for all practical purposes, Wii U sits very comfortably with the current PS360 and will most probably do well for the year or two transitional period after the next Sony and MS boxes come out.
#12Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/21/2012 7:02:47 AM
KrisIsLyra posted...
...last gen's competition, that's going to cause serious problems. Why oh why did Nintendo get the cheapest and crappiest RAM they could find? At this rate, the only multiplats that the Wii U will get will be with the Vita.

As long as the games are as good as Wii and PS2, it should be fine. You don't need anything more than that.
#13kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 7:04:18 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
KrisIsLyra posted...

As long as the games are as good as Wii and PS2, it should be fine. You don't need anything more than that.

I certainly hope it's not a repeat of Wii. If anything, a repeat of the GameCube would be fine, just God forbid not a repeat of the Wii. PLEASE don't let it be another Wii.
#14dylanbrandon286Posted 11/21/2012 7:05:35 AM
kissdadookie posted...
KrisIsLyra posted...

Please tell me in what category it is worse then the PS3 and X360. I have both, and I have a gaming rig, so I know great graphics.

Let's all agree that the Wii U is no gaming PC set up. It's doesn't even hold a candle to a budget gaming PC set up that can be built for around $500-$600 shall we? That's going to be what the next Sony and MS boxes will turn out to be. So for all practical purposes, Wii U sits very comfortably with the current PS360 and will most probably do well for the year or two transitional period after the next Sony and MS boxes come out.

And? The wii still did well, and everyone I know that bought a wii is getting a Wii U because they loved the wii. Do you think nintendo cares at this point? They print money.
---
Japan: "wow nukes are so op. America so noob." Brokencandle
#15BufkusPosted 11/21/2012 7:06:01 AM
_DARKAMBITION_ posted...
^it matters to developers.

No it doesn't.

There isn't a single developer complaining about the ram speed. There was one moronic developer who complained about CPU speed, but it was only idiot trolls who are complaining about ram speed.
#16MathewMansonPosted 11/21/2012 7:07:32 AM
El_Zaggy posted...
MathewManson posted...
We can't judge the power of a console based on launch titles...especially ports.

didnt knew zombiU was a port.

"Launch titles"

Learn to read.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#17shootsmackPosted 11/21/2012 7:08:51 AM
megax11 posted...
LOL! If anyone takes the first two posters seriously, that's sad. I hope people here don't fall for trolling. These two basically assume off of hearsay, in order to draw their conclusions.

If people want proof of how multiplats are running, talk to someone who owns 15 of the 23 launch titles and who isn't a blind - broke - one system owning fanboy (i.e. me).

I have booted up all games and played each for at least 30 minutes or so, except for Zombi U (been meaning to but just too busy), and Tekken Tag 2.

Here is my take on each -

Assassin's Creed 3: The game looks really sharp. I just reached Boston, and everything has ran smooth so far.

Call of Duty: BO2: OH, MY, GOD! This game looks incredible on Wii U, and runs very-very smoothly at 60 FPS. This is coming from someone who hates Call of Dookie, but bought it to show off the tech of Wii U.

Darksiders 2: RUNS GREAT! I had the 360 version, which I got rid of for this version. The 360 version had moments where the framerate would dip, especially in the first world past the opening level. Now it runs great.

Epic Mickey 2: I haven't seen any framerate drops yet, after watching my kids play it.

Ninja Gaiden 3: I don't understand why people mentioned framerate drops on this one, as well as muddy visuals. This is why you don't listen to slobs who sit behind a desk and say they're professional game reviewers, kiddos. I haven't seen anything they're talking about yet.

Skylanders Giants: Looks very sharp compared to my 360/PS3 versions.

Sonic & All Stars Racing: Runs great. Great game.

Other games I played were Tank Tank Tank, which is an awesome arcade game. I had 4 players on it, and it's a blast when you have people to play it with.

There are no games I bought, that I regret. I say this as a gamer who owns every system dating back to the NES, and my game collection has now reached 1355, across most genres in gaming. Don't listen to the bootleg - wannabe - gamers (i.e. fanboys). Listen to people who hold no bias over ANY system.

The system is mediocre and ports have been shoddy.
Your gaming knowledge seems limited.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#18kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 7:09:39 AM
kissdadookie posted...
KrisIsLyra posted...

And? The wii still did well, and everyone I know that bought a wii is getting a Wii U because they loved the wii. Do you think nintendo cares at this point? They print money.

Are you daft? The Wii did well because of Wii Sports. The thing was a Wii Sports machine. Simple as that. If it only had the Mario games, we would have ended up with another GameCube situation (and the GameCube did worse than the N64 which didn't do so hot to begin with). Why do you think Nintendo despises the mobile market so much? Because it took away the majority of the audience that bought into the Wii and DS. Get with it man. How the heck did you think Nintendo printed money in the first place? Right now, Nintendo is really trying to play the hardcore gamer game again because they know that it's darn near impossible to recapture that casual market which was the market that printed the money for them. I mean look at the 3DS, it only moved 5 million units and that thing has been out for over a year and a half at least, that's a far cry from DS and Wii sales.
#19trenkenPosted 11/21/2012 7:10:15 AM
KrisIsLyra posted...

Because they arent targeting you anymore. They are going after young kids, soccer moms, very casual gamers like the ipad/phone crowd, and those people dont exactly care about how much ram is in a system.

You want power then wait 1-2 years for the next Sony and MS machines. They have no problems with packing their machines with more up to date tech and selling them at a loss for years. But their pockets are also far deeper than Nintendo's. They sell a lot of other things besides games and are on a whole different wealth level than Nintendo.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#20dylanbrandon286Posted 11/21/2012 7:12:04 AM
kissdadookie posted...
kissdadookie posted...
KrisIsLyra posted...

Are you daft? The Wii did well because of Wii Sports. The thing was a Wii Sports machine. Simple as that. If it only had the Mario games, we would have ended up with another GameCube situation (and the GameCube did worse than the N64 which didn't do so hot to begin with). Why do you think Nintendo despises the mobile market so much? Because it took away the majority of the audience that bought into the Wii and DS. Get with it man. How the heck did you think Nintendo printed money in the first place? Right now, Nintendo is really trying to play the hardcore gamer game again because they know that it's darn near impossible to recapture that casual market which was the market that printed the money for them. I mean look at the 3DS, it only moved 5 million units and that thing has been out for over a year and a half at least, that's a far cry from DS and Wii sales.

You're delusional. Nintendo is trying to play every market, but they realize the casuals are where its at. Why do you think the 3DS is destroying the Vita? Why do you think Wii sold the most units and basically owned the top 5 most sold games last generation? It wasn't a casual machine, it was a machine based for everyone, and this system is no different.
---
Japan: "wow nukes are so op. America so noob." Brokencandle