Gameplay > graphics, but when you release a system that's weaker than...

#21jmichaelbpPosted 11/21/2012 7:12:38 AM
shootsmack posted...
megax11 posted...
LOL! If anyone takes the first two posters seriously, that's sad. I hope people here don't fall for trolling. These two basically assume off of hearsay, in order to draw their conclusions.

If people want proof of how multiplats are running, talk to someone who owns 15 of the 23 launch titles and who isn't a blind - broke - one system owning fanboy (i.e. me).

I have booted up all games and played each for at least 30 minutes or so, except for Zombi U (been meaning to but just too busy), and Tekken Tag 2.

Here is my take on each -

Assassin's Creed 3: The game looks really sharp. I just reached Boston, and everything has ran smooth so far.

Call of Duty: BO2: OH, MY, GOD! This game looks incredible on Wii U, and runs very-very smoothly at 60 FPS. This is coming from someone who hates Call of Dookie, but bought it to show off the tech of Wii U.

Darksiders 2: RUNS GREAT! I had the 360 version, which I got rid of for this version. The 360 version had moments where the framerate would dip, especially in the first world past the opening level. Now it runs great.

Epic Mickey 2: I haven't seen any framerate drops yet, after watching my kids play it.

Ninja Gaiden 3: I don't understand why people mentioned framerate drops on this one, as well as muddy visuals. This is why you don't listen to slobs who sit behind a desk and say they're professional game reviewers, kiddos. I haven't seen anything they're talking about yet.

Skylanders Giants: Looks very sharp compared to my 360/PS3 versions.

Sonic & All Stars Racing: Runs great. Great game.

Other games I played were Tank Tank Tank, which is an awesome arcade game. I had 4 players on it, and it's a blast when you have people to play it with.

There are no games I bought, that I regret. I say this as a gamer who owns every system dating back to the NES, and my game collection has now reached 1355, across most genres in gaming. Don't listen to the bootleg - wannabe - gamers (i.e. fanboys). Listen to people who hold no bias over ANY system.

The system is mediocre and ports have been shoddy.
Your gaming knowledge seems limited.

Well look who came back from the other world.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#22MathewMansonPosted 11/21/2012 7:13:08 AM
trenken posted...
KrisIsLyra posted...
...last gen's competition, that's going to cause serious problems. Why oh why did Nintendo get the cheapest and crappiest RAM they could find? At this rate, the only multiplats that the Wii U will get will be with the Vita.

Because they arent targeting you anymore. They are going after young kids, soccer moms, very casual gamers like the ipad/phone crowd, and those people dont exactly care about how much ram is in a system.

You want power then wait 1-2 years for the next Sony and MS machines. They have no problems with packing their machines with more up to date tech and selling them at a loss for years. But their pockets are also far deeper than Nintendo's. They sell a lot of other things besides games and are on a whole different wealth level than Nintendo.

Lol what? MS and Sony won't release anything near the level of technology that exists on computers already. Console gaming in general is for a casual audience if you want to use that as your definition for casuals. Contradictions...
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#23kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 7:13:34 AM
trenken posted...
KrisIsLyra posted...
...last gen's competition, that's going to cause serious problems. Why oh why did Nintendo get the cheapest and crappiest RAM they could find? At this rate, the only multiplats that the Wii U will get will be with the Vita.

Because they arent targeting you anymore. They are going after young kids, soccer moms, very casual gamers like the ipad/phone crowd, and those people dont exactly care about how much ram is in a system.

You want power then wait 1-2 years for the next Sony and MS machines. They have no problems with packing their machines with more up to date tech and selling them at a loss for years. But their pockets are also far deeper than Nintendo's. They sell a lot of other things besides games and are on a whole different wealth level than Nintendo.

I'm sorry, but that is a terrible plan. Soccer moms and young kids mostly want iPod touches and iPhones now. That's just a fact. Makes things even more complicated now since there's the iPad mini. The transitional kids which grew up on Wii and DS, they now want a 360 and I know this for a fact seeing how so many of my friend's children want 360s for Xmas (these are the kids who are going on to 13 or so of age).

I mean, Nintendo's best chance here is to just put out as many good games as possible and let the software speak for themselves. I have high hopes for the Wii U, already bought 5 games for it at launch and picked up 2 more yesterday :P
#24tizzywilkillyouPosted 11/21/2012 7:15:38 AM
This topic is dumb.

If the Wii U runs PORTS 90% as well as the 360 counterparts, that means the Wii U is very unlikely to be weaker than the 360.

If probably indicates it's somewhat stronger, which will eventually show when non-launch games are built for Wii U from the ground up. How much stronger? We don't really know. Probably not drastically.

Weaker? No.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#25EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 11/21/2012 7:16:18 AM
kissdadookie posted...
dylanbrandon286 posted...
KrisIsLyra posted...

Please tell me in what category it is worse then the PS3 and X360. I have both, and I have a gaming rig, so I know great graphics.

Don't worry, ill be waiting.

Let's all agree that the Wii U is no gaming PC set up. It's doesn't even hold a candle to a budget gaming PC set up that can be built for around $500-$600 shall we? That's going to be what the next Sony and MS boxes will turn out to be. So for all practical purposes, Wii U sits very comfortably with the current PS360 and will most probably do well for the year or two transitional period after the next Sony and MS boxes come out.

Lol. The next game consoles are not going to be on par of a gaming PC. I seriously don't know what leap people are expecting with the next Xbox and the PS4. The rumored specs indeed indicate that they will be more powerful than the Wii U but it won't be this huge generation leap and won't be worlds ahead of the Wii U as people are predicting unless the consoles are expensive at release.
---
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR
(360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
#26kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 7:20:12 AM

You're delusional. Nintendo is trying to play every market, but they realize the casuals are where its at. Why do you think the 3DS is destroying the Vita? Why do you think Wii sold the most units and basically owned the top 5 most sold games last generation? It wasn't a casual machine, it was a machine based for everyone, and this system is no different.

I'm not delusional, you're just completely ignorant to the fact that Nintendo KNOWS that the casual market is being dominated by mobile. That's why they are spreading out their bets instead of just hoping on casuals. Thus, they are HEAVILY focused on core gamers this time around. I mean, for goodness sakes, they made a HUGE deal about BO2 for the Wii U. They made a HUGE deal about Arkham City. You sir are the delusional one for not understanding this VERY OBVIOUS FACT from all the press events they've held. Their messaging is very clear as to what their focus is on this time around.

The 3DS is destroying the Vita but the 3DS is literally competing with iPhones and iPod touches. Is the 3DS destroying them? No. The mobile market is why the 3DS has sold only 5 million worldwide units thus far. It's good sales numbers for a handheld in this day and age of mobile, but Nintendo is basically fighting for a rapidly shrinking market for portable gaming.

Also, again with your RIDICULOUS argument about the Wii. Look at the Wii. 90+ million units sold yet Mario only moved what, roughly 10 million for Galaxy and similar numbers for Galaxy 2, worse numbers for Skyward Sword. So, 90+ million Wii's yet only about 10% of the owners bought the core Nintendo games. So what the heck have the other 80 million owners been doing with their Wii? NOTHING. It's a Just Dance/Wii Sports/Wii Fit machine. Simple as that. Yeah, they sold a lot of Wii's because when the Wii came out, it created a casual gamer market and this was WAY before we had iPhones and iPod touches and Facebook games.

You're basically the delusional one for not having an iota of a clue as to how the market is played out.
#27kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 7:23:59 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
kissdadookie posted...
KrisIsLyra posted...

Please tell me in what category it is worse then the PS3 and X360. I have both, and I have a gaming rig, so I know great graphics.

Don't worry, ill be waiting.

Let's all agree that the Wii U is no gaming PC set up. It's doesn't even hold a candle to a budget gaming PC set up that can be built for around $500-$600 shall we? That's going to be what the next Sony and MS boxes will turn out to be. So for all practical purposes, Wii U sits very comfortably with the current PS360 and will most probably do well for the year or two transitional period after the next Sony and MS boxes come out.

Lol. The next game consoles are not going to be on par of a gaming PC. I seriously don't know what leap people are expecting with the next Xbox and the PS4. The rumored specs indeed indicate that they will be more powerful than the Wii U but it won't be this huge generation leap and won't be worlds ahead of the Wii U as people are predicting unless the consoles are expensive at release.

DId I say HIGH END gaming PC? No, I said BUDGET gaming PC which you and I can build for $500-$600 dollars RETAIL PRICING FOR COMPONENTS. Sony and MS are obviously going to get huge component discounts thus bringing the cost for them to build a similar machine down dramatically. Now, this is important because a BUDGET $500-$600 GAMING PC which you and I can build RIGHT NOW, COMPLETELY smokes what can be done with current PS360/Wii U. That's how far we've come in technology. Also, remember that Sony and MS are going to have machines that will come in at roughly $400-$500 and they will be aiming to at best, break even on the machines AND they don't have to support a tablet controller, in other words, a machine that will retail around that price gives them A LOT OF ROOM to put in pretty robust hardware (and it's already pretty much a fact that MS and Sony will be using off the shelf commodity parts for their next machines rather than going with custom designed components).
#28senelcoolidge_Posted 11/21/2012 7:35:09 AM
"3DS has sold only 5 million worldwide units thus far."

are you high? I think you mean 23+ million.
#29DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/21/2012 7:36:23 AM
gameplay is affected when the hardware is outdated. otherwise we'd all still be using a Gamecube.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#30kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 7:39:55 AM(edited)
senelcoolidge_ posted...
"3DS has sold only 5 million worldwide units thus far."

are you high? I think you mean 23+ million.

Really, didn't Nintendo give out the numbers recently and said they've hit 5 million?

::EDIT:: I stand corrected. Those were just US numbers. So apparently Japan sold over 10 million. So, that's still basically a fail. Japan is the DECLINING video games market and has been over the years. Declining in terms of revenue and how much of the $$$ they generate in the worldwide video games market.