Gameplay > graphics, but when you release a system that's weaker than...

#31senelcoolidge_Posted 11/21/2012 8:39:44 AM
kissdadookie posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...
"3DS has sold only 5 million worldwide units thus far."

are you high? I think you mean 23+ million.

Really, didn't Nintendo give out the numbers recently and said they've hit 5 million?

::EDIT:: I stand corrected. Those were just US numbers. So apparently Japan sold over 10 million. So, that's still basically a fail. Japan is the DECLINING video games market and has been over the years.

8 million for japan
8 million for america
the rest are from other parts
#32kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 8:40:45 AM
senelcoolidge_ posted...
kissdadookie posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...

Really, didn't Nintendo give out the numbers recently and said they've hit 5 million?

::EDIT:: I stand corrected. Those were just US numbers. So apparently Japan sold over 10 million. So, that's still basically a fail. Japan is the DECLINING video games market and has been over the years.

8 million for japan
8 million for america
the rest are from other parts

No, I looked it up, US is approaching 6 million. Japan already went over 10 million. The rest is spread around the other regions. Go check it out yourself.
#33gumbyxcore99Posted 11/21/2012 8:41:04 AM
that was for NA
#34kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 8:41:22 AM
gumbyxcore99 posted...
that was for NA

Yup, I've corrected my post ;)
#35senelcoolidge_Posted 11/21/2012 8:43:08 AM(edited)
Care to post a link? Wikipedia has America around 7.5million as of september 30 2012, which means by now it would have crossed the 8 million mark.
#36nickvd8Posted 11/21/2012 8:42:48 AM
So what it has slightly slower ram than the 360 it also has 4x the amount of ram over the 360 but nobody seems to mention that? Trolls...
---
Want TimeSplitters 4? Go here: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#37DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/21/2012 8:45:56 AM
nickvd8 posted...
So what it has slightly slower ram than the 360 it also has 4x the amount of ram over the 360 but nobody seems to mention that? Trolls...

ITT: Ram speed doesn't matter and we compare 2012 hardware to 2005 hardware
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#38kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 8:52:05 AM(edited)
senelcoolidge_ posted...
Care to post a link? Wikipedia has America around 7.5million as of september 30 2012, which means by now it would have crossed the 8 million mark.

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2012/11/21/3ds_sales_nearing_6_million/

Along with this, if you much around Google, you will see that only a few months ago they've stated they've sold 5 million. You add that to the initial first fiscal year of 3DS US sales, you still end up with a number that is below 6 million. Nintendo has also stated SEVERAL times this year (even just a few months back), that sales have been phenomenal in Japan but it has failed to really gain momentum outside of Japan. Japan was a hot bed for video games YEARS ago but that has all changed since the $$$ generated in the worldwide video games market has predominantly been from the western studios. In other words, a lot of people buying Nintendo systems and games like Monster Hunter but they ultimately take up a small slice of the overall pie.
#39Nergy15Posted 11/21/2012 8:49:30 AM
kissdadookie posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...

::EDIT:: I stand corrected. Those were just US numbers. So apparently Japan sold over 10 million. So, that's still basically a fail. Japan is the DECLINING video games market and has been over the years. Declining in terms of revenue and how much of the $$$ they generate in the worldwide video games market.

By what standard do you hold sales of consoles when a console sells nearly 10 million in the space of nearly 2 years, in one country.
---
u wot m8
#40kissdadookiePosted 11/21/2012 8:56:52 AM(edited)
Nergy15 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...

::EDIT:: I stand corrected. Those were just US numbers. So apparently Japan sold over 10 million. So, that's still basically a fail. Japan is the DECLINING video games market and has been over the years. Declining in terms of revenue and how much of the $$$ they generate in the worldwide video games market.

By what standard do you hold sales of consoles when a console sells nearly 10 million in the space of nearly 2 years, in one country.

By the standard that Japan makes up such a small slice of the video games market. Do you not understand this fact or do you think that we are still back in the 90s or back in a period where Final Fantasy was as well known by the gamers as CoD?

By the standard AND THE FACT that Japan doesn't care about CoD yet that is literally the BIGGEST franchise in video games. Same goes with things like Halo. Assassin's Creed. Oh, the list goes on and on. How about GTA? Stop living in the past man.

Basically, how the heck does doing super well in the one country that lives on the outskirts of the current video gaming landscape amount to success when it's failing in all the other regions that actually does matter in the modern video games market?