Focusing on grapx left GameCube and N64 in last place same with Ps3 and 360 lol

#1Tasty_mePosted 11/21/2012 12:15:05 PM
Ps2 beat the Xbox and the GameCube.... Wii beat the 360 and ps3 almost combined even with the 360 having a year head start. History will repeat this generation.. Sony is good as dead while Microsoft don't have enough franchisee to be number 1
#2soldjangoPosted 11/21/2012 12:39:22 PM
Sales numbers are whatever. Which console/company "wins" is based on the number of good games it had, and I'm gonna say that the Wii probably lost overall, having a rather slim quantity of hits amid a pile of junk. It had a bunch of really great games from Nintendo and Nintendo-exclusive developers (Mario Galaxy 1/2, Kirby's Return to Dreamland/Epic Yarn, Metroid, DKCR), but the 1st party Nintendo stuff just doesn't hit like it used to. I still buy a Nintendo console for those games because they are still good/entertaining, but besides those games, there's really not much else.
3rd party support has always been iffy on Nintendo consoles. On Wii, I can remember The Last Story, Xenoblade, Muramasa, Okami, Phantom Brave, Red Steel 2, Rhythm Heaven, No More Heroes 1/2, and the 3 Trauma games. I'm probably missing stuff, but those are all of the good games I can recall from 3rd party publishers. 360 doesn't have many interesting 1st party games, but the 3rd party support is massive. Goddamn huge. PS3 has a little less 3rd party support if I'm not mistaken, and also some interesting exlusives (inFamous 1/2, Ratchet and Clank Future, MGS4).

As far as graphics go, the actual graphics themselves are unimportant: the power in the consoles that allows them to do that, is. If a console can do really good graphics and good framerate, it's probably powerful enough to let developers try new ideas. Think what you will about the Assassin's Creed games, but they couldn't have existed on the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube in they way they do now, with the social stealth elements and far-reaching areas.

I'm not here to bash Nintendo, this is just how I feel as an owner of every console I can get my hands on.
---
360 Gamertag: Arcangel Legacy
It's a JRPG, meaning that the setting is in japan and stuff. -trodahawk