If we don't get a Super Mario Sunshine HD remake for WiiU, Nintendo is a failure

#11DanspurtPosted 11/21/2012 4:05:47 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
If its an HD remake instead of a sequel they can still make a new 3D Mario without breaking their one new 3D Mario per console rule.

Galaxy games?
And I doubt that's a rule. Just a pattern.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
#12Wiiplayer111Posted 11/21/2012 4:07:19 PM
Danspurt posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
If its an HD remake instead of a sequel they can still make a new 3D Mario without breaking their one new 3D Mario per console rule.

Galaxy games?
And I doubt that's a rule. Just a pattern.

To be fair SMG2 was just all the maps that couldn't fit in SMG.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#13sloth927Posted 11/21/2012 4:18:02 PM
why do people want remakes how about a new idea?
---
I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, Def Leppard...
#14ima420rPosted 11/21/2012 4:27:11 PM
Cyclical posted...
Pokeclipse posted...
I'd rather have a sequel: Super Mario Moonshine.

Hell. Yes.

You need to distill moonshine in your backpack thing, and fill up jars and deliver them on each level. There could even be some kart racing where you have to outrun the koopa police.

Don't get it on you though or the screen gets blurry and you wobble around and mumble incoherently and scream obscenities.
---
He who is tired of Weird Al Yankovic is tired of life.
#15DanspurtPosted 11/22/2012 1:05:56 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
To be fair SMG2 was just all the maps that couldn't fit in SMG.

Not really. It was built on the same engine and a lot of ideas they didn't use in the first game, but they built an entirely new game around it, with a new story and new power-ups and all. Like a traditional sequel.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
#16BurgerTime79Posted 11/22/2012 1:09:30 AM
I'd rather see a sequel that includes multiple types of liquids and dissolving bricks. Go one step beyond spraying graffiti and "mud" away.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#17DanspurtPosted 11/22/2012 2:00:39 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
I'd rather see a sequel that includes multiple types of liquids and dissolving bricks. Go one step beyond spraying graffiti and "mud" away.

Like Epic Mickey's brush?

I had a thought before; make snow and ice the theme a Sunshine sequel. Super Mario Snowflakes or something. Give Mario warmer-looking clothes (ear warmers, mittens) and a snow cannon on his back.
With the snow cannon, he can suck up snow from the ground and shoot snow to clog things, or build piles, or turn himself into a snowball and stuff.

The new shine sprites are flake sprites, which look like snowflakes with eyes.
---
#18NintendologicalPosted 11/22/2012 2:07:55 PM
Wait wait wait. Wii U isn't considered a failure for lacking any killer applications at launch, or for being underpowered as a next generation platform, or for offering too many ports of games that are a half a year to a year old, or for having a series of software issues (missing features, slow loading OS)...but for not porting an HD version of an unpopular Mario game to their already struggling platform. Man...I dislike the Wii U, but some of the things people are complaining about are hilarious. Also, who cares about Super Mario Sunshine when its sequels are vastly superior (Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2)?
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia