Super Smash Bros U and Playstation All-Stars

#1ColorfulColorsPosted 11/21/2012 5:25:58 PM
I just got Playstation All-Stars today. Lovin' it. Am i the only one, or do you people think you could live with a direct competitor to Smash Bros? I would love for something to hold me off while Smash Bros U comes.
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#2Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/21/2012 5:27:49 PM
You are trying really hard to make yourself not look like a nintendo fanboy now lol.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#3ColorfulColors(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:28:30 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
You are trying really hard to make yourself not look like a nintendo fanboy now lol.

What are you talking about?
---
#4pikmintaroPosted 11/21/2012 5:30:11 PM
I think some competition is nice as long as it makes Nintendo bring out my next Smash Bros quicker!

Although Sony is about 10 years late, why the heck didn't they do this when Melee came out?
---
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
#5JonbazookabozPosted 11/21/2012 5:30:56 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
I just got Playstation All-Stars today. Lovin' it. Am i the only one, or do you people think you could live with a direct competitor to Smash Bros? I would love for something to hold me off while Smash Bros U comes.

Love smash bros. would have LOVED it if all stars was good but its crap at best. Main mechanic is broken, general attacks and combos are worthless.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/21/2012 5:31:35 PM
I think some competition is nice as long as it makes Nintendo bring out my next Smash Bros quicker!

Although Sony is about 10 years late, why the heck didn't they do this when Melee came out?

Because they were crushing nintendo in sales in a manner that has yet to be seen since. They did not need to.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#7SmartMan72Posted 11/21/2012 5:31:48 PM
Competition? I didnt know you could steal an original idea, make a game with that idea, and that game would be marked as competition to the original idea. Huh.

You learn somethin new every day.
---
3DS FC - 3093-7179-6669
#8TerotrousPosted 11/21/2012 5:36:30 PM
You can tell who didn't play PSAS in this topic.

It doesn't really play that much like Smash Bros. Where Smash is mostly a 1v1 game, PSAS is best in FFA or 2v2. There's definitely room for both to exist.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#9Dref151Posted 11/21/2012 5:37:28 PM
SmartMan72 posted...
Competition? I didnt know you could steal an original idea, make a game with that idea, and that game would be marked as competition to the original idea. Huh.

You learn somethin new every day.

You did learn something! generally thats called a genre, because they all have linking similarities, but enough differences to call them apart. such as racing, fighting, fps, action horror, psych horror, platform games, or in this case, party fighting ( or just party)
#10ColorfulColors(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:39:53 PM
Terotrous posted...
You can tell who didn't play PSAS in this topic.

It doesn't really play that much like Smash Bros. Where Smash is mostly a 1v1 game, PSAS is best in FFA or 2v2. There's definitely room for both to exist.

Smash is a 1v1? In both games I get like 2 or 3 friends and we beat the hell out of each other.
---