Super Smash Bros U and Playstation All-Stars

#41hypermoePosted 11/22/2012 1:01:54 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I want Jump Super/Ultra Stars. Now THAT is a good "smash-like" game.

You know what i find funny. The complaints that are given to the JUMP title are the same for the All star games, yet Jump gets praised. Dont get me wrong i enjoyed the game still play it to this day, but you cannot favor one over the other just because. Plus if anything the sequel like with the jump game sequel improved on a lot of things wrong with the first game. This is sony first attempt at this thus going to improve a lot when the next game comes out.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#42P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/22/2012 3:08:08 PM
I don't know what the complaints are, I just didn't find PSASBR that fun when I played the demo. I couldn't keep up with the score system either.
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#43TerotrousPosted 11/23/2012 1:24:07 AM
The score system is very simple. Killing someone gets you 2 points. Getting killed makes you lose 1.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#44Someguy_13Posted 11/23/2012 1:41:43 AM(edited)
I got it at launch.

It's fun, but it's not as fun of Smash Bros, and I don't think it's as good a game either.

The online is really good though. Finds a match almost instantly, and there's very little lag.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#45SMT_MasochistPosted 11/23/2012 2:07:57 AM
PAS is good in its own right but it really boils down to attacking to fill a super meter and unleashing a special to knock someone out. Smash has more strategy involved and variety in characters. I just bought it because of the free vita copy. It sucks that there's no characters to unlock. Feels like there's no meat to the game.

I can't wait for smash so I can unleash my luigi rolling flame uppercut on you guys.
---
Games: WO3, Ragnarok, BLOPS2, AC3, PS Allstars, BM:AC, ZombiU
PS3/Vita/WiiU: ENDBOSS78 3DS: 1375-7216-3398
#46The_Shadow_LinkPosted 11/23/2012 3:50:12 AM
SMT_Masochist posted...
PAS is good in its own right but it really boils down to attacking to fill a super meter and unleashing a special to knock someone out. Smash has more strategy involved and variety in characters. I just bought it because of the free vita copy. It sucks that there's no characters to unlock. Feels like there's no meat to the game.

I can't wait for smash so I can unleash my luigi rolling flame uppercut on you guys.

Generally the lack of unlockable characters you see knowadays is due to Tournaments not wanting to have to jump through some many loops and hurdles just so all the characters are playable. Take Melee for example, how do you quickly Unlock Mewtwo who needs 24 hours of playtime or 700 games? Tournaments need to have multiple machines set up. And it's busy work if you have to do that for about 7 games.

There are advantages to the Super System, for one. because you build up your own meter, Killstealing is impossible in multiplayer. You can't let someone else do the damage and then you get the kill strike. Second their is the decision on which Super to use, do you just use Level 1's to get as many kills quickly, or level 3's for garunteed kills or multi-kills? Not to mention there are combo options to launch into a super. System is actually fairly deep to be honest in that regard.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#47kakashik99992Posted 11/23/2012 3:57:50 AM(edited)
SmartMan72 posted...
Competition? I didnt know you could steal an original idea, make a game with that idea, and that game would be marked as competition to the original idea. Huh.

You learn somethin new every day.

Sony is doing that since Digimon days man. And the last time I checked the 1x1 game didn't have an option for online 1x1 random match haha
#48PedroMontanaPosted 11/23/2012 4:13:27 AM
Lol, i wonder how people would react if Nintendo would release a cheap looking Little Big Planet knockoff called Small Little World featuring Sack Dude and Ball Boy.

Would people argue stuff like "level editors and sacks and bad physics have always been there, LBP wasn't that original" or "look this game is way different, his name is Sack DUDE"?
---
No More Heroes
#49sentoworfPosted 11/23/2012 4:22:24 AM
PedroMontana posted...
Lol, i wonder how people would react if Nintendo would release a cheap looking Little Big Planet knockoff called Small Little World featuring Sack Dude and Ball Boy.

Would people argue stuff like "level editors and sacks and bad physics have always been there, LBP wasn't that original" or "look this game is way different, his name is Sack DUDE"?

Tiny Mini Universe
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#50MotiJrPosted 11/23/2012 4:54:48 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
I think some competition is nice as long as it makes Nintendo bring out my next Smash Bros quicker!

Although Sony is about 10 years late, why the heck didn't they do this when Melee came out?

Because they were crushing nintendo in sales in a manner that has yet to be seen since. They did not need to.

I'll never understand how you don't get moderated for trolling when you're clearly provoking people. You're so angry, why not relax. All that stress will just rush you to your grave. Here, have a milkshake and relax.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.